SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How does LTA check lay up bike?

haslansalam

So much talk on laying up your bike and it does not need you to renew road tax nor insurance. My questions will be:

1) How does LTA officer check the lay up vehicle?

2) Do they visit your 'garage'?

3) What if you park your bike on the 4th floor of the multistorey carpark and they only check on the 1st floor?

4) Will they go thru each and every carpark lot?

5) Will they flip every covered bike in the lot?

6) How often do they come and visit?

I'm asking because there is one forumer who was asked to attend 'uneccesary' interview by LTA coz the LTA officer can't find his bike, in the end, the bike was there without the notice of the LTA officer.

I'm also asking because I just lay up my bike and change parking lots due to rain, or washing bike etc..

Edited by haslansalam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) How does LTA officer check the lay up vehicle?---->Yes, but depend on your luck :)

2) Do they visit your 'garage'?-------->Yes, but also depend on your luck :)

3) What if you park your bike on the 4th floor of the multistorey carpark and they only check on the 1st floor?--------->i think they should check all storey:)

4) Will they go thru each and every carpark lot?--------->i think they should check all place:)

5) Will they flip every covered bike in the lot?--------->i dont think so:cheeky:

6) How often do they come and visit?--------->depend on your luck also:)

i used layup a bike layup about 9 months, so far they nv come and check:cheeky:

currently i have a layup bike also, dont know they will disturb me or not:cheeky:

Anyway, DONT ride out the layup bike.......

Edited by fx110
typing error

buy a bike just to park and ride around in carpark? you as well get a bicycle...

to lay out bike u need to have a year of season parking...

they wouldnt check on ur bike, just dont get caught on road..

They do check on your bike, cos my friend whose bike was lay off say so.

buy a bike just to park and ride around in carpark? you as well get a bicycle...

to lay out bike u need to have a year of season parking...

they wouldnt check on ur bike, just dont get caught on road..

I heard some riders lay up their 'racing bike' coz it's for track / circuit purpose only.

Go work ride another bike.

And isnt laid up vehicles nt allowed to park @ HDB carparks..

http://cars.st701.com/articles/view/18

So when they happen to stumble upon ur covered vehicle during the course of laid up, the next question they will dump you with is what the fish is it parked @ a public carpark??

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

hi mc28

according to the link you provided, it states that

Your car cannot be used or kept on a public road or public space

maybe it only applies for cars only.

we can lay up our bikes at public carparks. lta approves it. i know because i have done it before. so long as you inform lta, make sure you buy season parking to cover your ass from getting problems with hdb, you are fine.

AND make sure you dont ride the bike, even if its a big car park. pls don't violate this, once caught, good luck.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

I heard some riders lay up their 'racing bike' coz it's for track / circuit purpose only.

Go work ride another bike.

if i'm not wrong, those bike not lay up... if without C.O.E, number plate...aready dis-register aready.. those cant be ride on road...tow or put in own van/lorry point to point..

. . . I am a Discipline rider . . .

hi mc28

we can lay up our bikes at public carparks. lta approves it. i know because i have done it before. so long as you inform lta, make sure you buy season parking to cover your ass from getting problems with hdb, you are fine.

AND make sure you dont ride the bike, even if its a big car park. pls don't violate this, once caught, good luck.

ya correct... my friend that time buy a bike n lay out... was told to get a year of season parking... coz owner selling then he buy b4 pass class2b..

. . . I am a Discipline rider . . .

lay up admin fee is about $5+.. unlay the bike you need to buy your road tax and go for inspection.. put the towing fee from laid up garage to inspection centre into consideration as well, unless you have a van to send it yourself.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

hi mc28

Thanks for the correction bro..

Usually those purely for track usage bikes are nt even registered with COE, Rd Tax etc etc cos their specification isnt allowed to be on public roads..

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

hi mc28

no prob, just sharing info. anyway for those track bike its quite troublesome right, must tow the track bike all the way across the border to the tracks then can ride. or tow pass borders only? hehe..

• 4 weeks later...

If I dun have license but got bike on layup. Once I get my license what should I do to be legal on the streets in the shortest time possible.

From what I know Buy insurance,, road tax and tow for inspection.

But insurance they need time to process, during the process period[ eg, 2 days] can i ride ?

Road tax where to buy I oso dunno.

=X

Winner dont quit.!

Quitter wont WIN

Year 2009 March - Honda NSR 150 SP (FT606*S)

Year 2010 Feb - Honda FireBlade CBR400 (FN640*S)

Year 2010 April - Honda RVF NC35 (FP 156*S)

Year 2010 July - Honda RVF NC35 (FR*75*L) - CURRENT

If I dun have license but got bike on layup. Once I get my license what should I do to be legal on the streets in the shortest time possible.

From what I know Buy insurance,, road tax and tow for inspection.

But insurance they need time to process, during the process period[ eg, 2 days] can i ride ?

Road tax where to buy I oso dunno.

=X

I dun think so insurance need so long to approve one. Juz go to the insurance co to get it done. It will juz take a few minutes. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Anyway won't it be easier to wait for yourself to pass the license and then chosse the bike? Why hurry? You laid up bike still need to do maintenance when you wanna use it coz dunno how long the bike never move. Cost invovled.

I mean if it is the bike you wan, and it has been sold off from the shop. It only means 1 thing, not fated lor. Can slowly find a bike. You hurry, you might regret in the future. My thoughts.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

I dun think so insurance need so long to approve one. Juz go to the insurance co to get it done. It will juz take a few minutes. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Anyway won't it be easier to wait for yourself to pass the license and then chosse the bike? Why hurry? You laid up bike still need to do maintenance when you wanna use it coz dunno how long the bike never move. Cost invovled.

I mean if it is the bike you wan, and it has been sold off from the shop. It only means 1 thing, not fated lor. Can slowly find a bike. You hurry, you might regret in the future. My thoughts.

Oh so insu rance dun neeed to wait ?

Den road tax go whedre to buy ?

Fact is I alr bought the bike =(

Lol, so everything too late alr.

Anyway my tp is on early march. So still okay la.

I go for servicing after i pass

Winner dont quit.!

Quitter wont WIN

Year 2009 March - Honda NSR 150 SP (FT606*S)

Year 2010 Feb - Honda FireBlade CBR400 (FN640*S)

Year 2010 April - Honda RVF NC35 (FP 156*S)

Year 2010 July - Honda RVF NC35 (FR*75*L) - CURRENT