SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

They charge me 1 nut for $5 :p

Bikes:

Kawasaki KR 150 2002-2006: FV8449

Skipper 2003-2003: Forgot

Yamaha 2006 R6 2006-2008: FBA1667

Honda CBR150 2006-2006: FW1011

Gilera Runner 2006-2008: FBB142

Kawasaki Z1000 2008-2008 : FX6990

Yamaha X1 2008-2011: FZ 7090

Yamaha 2007 R1 2010-2011: FBB 4216

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yishun industrial is a 10 mins walk from my place, yet it's been 3 years since ANY of my bikes step into the shops there. Yishun industrial is good for EO or sparkplug, nothing else..

• 2 years later...

Always go to a trusted mechanic.

Edited by Triple X

1995 Skipper, 1996 Aprilla, 1998 Steed,

1998 RVF, 1999 S4 ver S, 2001 Aprilla,

2003 Spec 1, 2006 Spark 135, 2007 Fazer 1 03,

2008 Spec 3, 2008 Fazer 1 05, 2009 Hayabusa

2010 Yamaha R1, 2010 Suzuki K6, 2011 FZ6S2

• 3 years later...

I got my electric start on last wednesday, 17-Feb-2016 . Send in my kymco super 8 bike to tunein Motor services. They said it is a starter kit or carbon got problem. Can replace the carbon to solve the issue. But I suspected it did not do the replacement just servcies. who care, main thing is make my problem solved. After fixed back everything , my rear brake jam. Ask me to replace it at $28 , but services charge me $45. after replacement everything, my scooter back to square on yesterday night. Total spend $65 +$73=$138, end up my bike issue still did not solved. Going back later, and see whether ask me to replace this and replace that.

Just be careful if sent in there.

I got my electric start on last wednesday, 17-Feb-2016 . Send in my kymco super 8 bike to tunein Motor services. They said it is a starter kit or carbon got problem. Can replace the carbon to solve the issue. But I suspected it did not do the replacement just servcies. who care, main thing is make my problem solved. After fixed back everything , my rear brake jam. Ask me to replace it at $28 , but services charge me $45. after replacement everything, my scooter back to square on yesterday night. Total spend $65 +$73=$138, end up my bike issue still did not solved. Going back later, and see whether ask me to replace this and replace that.

Just be careful if sent in there.

After spend so much money. My bike still did not solved the problem. The mechan and the lady keep argue my bike got other problem and want to charge me again. Damn bad shop.

After spend so much money. My bike still did not solved the problem. The mechan and the lady keep argue my bike got other problem and want to charge me again. Damn bad shop.

After servicing 2 hour still cannot solved my problem still want to collect workmanship. Damn who will give her ( lady boss )

Still want me to make full payment for the spare part then can help me order the stuff. if fixed in still cannot solve my start issue, I need to pay them again and again.

• 2 years later...
After servicing 2 hour still cannot solved my problem still want to collect workmanship. Damn who will give her ( lady boss )

Still want me to make full payment for the spare part then can help me order the stuff. if fixed in still cannot solve my start issue, I need to pay them again and again.

DOnt go there. They scam me $1800 on oct 2018, till now still havnt got done....and i have warrenty still... but the Boss Tommy doesnt want to give me a refund or fix it for me.

Title: Case of Tort Negligence

Motocycle original problem:

(Long distance travel on the bike will cause a drop in power, but when keys are turn off/on again, it will go back to normal till a distance & the problem repeats itself) *

I sent the bike there 6x from the period (Oct&Nov) to repair the *original problem*.

Ah Soon(mechanic), seem to have run to Malaysia and is uncontactable by the company.

Tommy(boss) insist that he wants to wait for Ah soon to come back before he wants to continue with my bike repair that is still under 6mth warranty($1800).

• 3 months later...
DOnt go there. They scam me $1800 on oct 2018, till now still havnt got done....and i have warrenty still... but the Boss Tommy doesnt want to give me a refund or fix it for me.

Title: Case of Tort Negligence

Motocycle original problem:

(Long distance travel on the bike will cause a drop in power, but when keys are turn off/on again, it will go back to normal till a distance & the problem repeats itself) *

I sent the bike there 6x from the period (Oct&Nov) to repair the *original problem*.

Ah Soon(mechanic), seem to have run to Malaysia and is uncontactable by the company.

Tommy(boss) insist that he wants to wait for Ah soon to come back before he wants to continue with my bike repair that is still under 6mth warranty($1800).

An update in 12April2019

The Ah Soon(Mechanic) is back at work shop, TuneIn do not want to refund me my money & i now in servicing with Mah Motors to fix the old and new problem. When through CASE and failed. Now going to Court with them.

I went through CASE to help me mediate with TuneIn, but this is a summery of what happen when i went back afew times and during the mediation.

1. TuneIn say that I recommended the repairs, not the "Experts" who recommended the repairs. (So fuk up right?!?!)

My question to them would be, why would the mechanic Ah Soon(Expert) suggests new changes/repairs if the original problem was already solved by the 1st repair?

Cannot be I the customer who is not an expert, told Ah Soon(Expert) how and what to do, to fix the problem.

2. TuneIn says that the warranty only covers for the parts repair and not the original problem of the bike.

This is definitely not ethical as a servicing shop that is supposed to identify the problem and advice the appropriate solution. The warranty should cover the intended problem that the changed/repaired parts were supposed to accomplish. The intended repair was not accomplished, that is why the second time I went back to the shop the "Experts" told me those parts has to be changed to solve the intended problem.

• 2 months later...
Wow. That's really bad. Please keep us updated about the court case.

Update for the Court Case.

Total repair cost: $3300

1. $1800 with TuneIn (Did not fix the problem)

2. $1500 with Mah Motors (Fix the problem)

When going to the small claims court on 13 June. I decided to not continue with the small claims of $5000. Instead get compensation of free light servicing (Oil change, coolant top up, clean air filter).

The boss says that the mechanic that works there, can come and go as they please. They don't follow a schedule like other companies. "That's how I run my business"

So basically he is saying that it's not his fault that the mechanic did not show up during the months I waited for him, but instead is the responsibility of the mechanic himself... It doesn't make sense to me.

But nvm... I just want to clear this case as soon as possible. so I accepted the compensation.

I wanted Mr Tommy to write down in black & white regarding the compensation.

Currently still waiting for the black & white...to come after a week.

Will keep you guys posted.