SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Phantom, NSR or CBR 150?

kcgary

Hi guys & gals, on final stretch Lesson 8, hoping to get 2B by year end. Just thinking ahead. Friends who are bikers are riding Phantom. But i kinda like the NSR and CBR150 as well. Can anyone give some info or comparison between the 3? Like FC, road handling, easy maintenance... any advice besides what i mentioned would be gladly appreciated as well. Thanks to all.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you can check up some info in here for the CBR 150? As for the NSR SP..Its pretty much the same for most 2b sportsbike..As for the Phantom..Ask your friends about it..Who else better to ask rather than your friends whom are ridng it..LAstly get a bike that you want not what others want you to ride..Afterall you'll be paying it and riding it..Not them..:goodluck:

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Originally posted by kcgary@Sep 18 2006, 11:38 AM

Hi guys & gals, on final stretch Lesson 8, hoping to get 2B by year end. Just thinking ahead. Friends who are bikers are riding Phantom. But i kinda like the NSR and CBR150 as well. Can anyone give some info or comparison between the 3? Like FC, road handling, easy maintenance... any advice besides what i mentioned would be gladly appreciated as well. Thanks to all.

I ride the CBR150R..

personally, it depends wat requirement u need..

for CBR150, hav sportsbike look, 4stroke, fuel economy(40km/litre), oil change only 4T engine oil. easy maintenance. road handling wise, depends on rider..

for phantom(200cc, 4 stroke), more comfortable seating position, 4stroke, fuel economy, oil change only 4T engine oil. easy maintenance. road handling wise, depends on rider..

for NSR, sportsbike, NICE outlook, got POWER.... BUT 2stroke, so fuel consumption abit up (21-26km/litre only), and oil change 4T n need to top up 2T occassionally, so more maintenance.. road handling wise, depends on rider..

so it all depends on what the rider needs.. so goodluck :thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/aman47/SNC001921.jpg

Honda CBR 150R (Mar 2006-Mar 2008)

Yamaha X1-R (Mar 2008-?????)

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i've riden a pantom and now nsr

yes phantom very comfortable and fuel can go up to 260km

but phantom chain easily lose

tire slippery and easy to skid during raining days

maintanence lower cos 4 stroke and more powerful(ta200)

for nsr veri nice and fast cos valve will open.but 2t means very drity and need to change 2t often.

can cut corner.fuel veri high cos of valve so abt 180km must top up full

hope this is useful.

when there's a WHEEL...

there's a way...

• 3 weeks later...

"but phantom chain easily lose, tire slippery and easy to skid during raining days"

I dun agree with the quotes, It depends on how you actually ride the bike & how you maintaince it

Overall Phantom is an easy to handle bike & is low in maintance. It's a cruiser!! wat more can I say

Dec 1994: Class 3

Feb 2006: Class 2B (TA200)

Originally posted by WaynePeh@Oct 26 2006, 09:34 PM

hmm.. cbr150 can hit how fast?

i cruise at 100 smoothly... 110 still can manage but engine sounds slightly stressed.

On V-power, speed can reach 120++ easily. not encouraged cos engine sound like wanna fall apart.hehehe

I nvr tried beyond 120, but i've heard some people went up til 140.

Even the most precious of memories fade with the passage of time