SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

something wrong with my starter motor..

Blahhh

I parked my spec1 in camp after 1 week of bn exercise. When I returned to bookout, I slot my key in, turned on the engine and the bike roared without even touching the e-start! I decided then to kill the engine by pressing the engine switch. Turned it back on and again the bike roared. Decided to ignored the problem and rode back home..

There's also a buzzing sound around the engine. Possibly the starter-motor running 24/7... WTF is going on?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I parked my spec1 in camp after 1 week of bn exercise. When I returned to bookout, I slot my key in, turned on the engine and the bike roared without even touching the e-start! I decided then to kill the engine by pressing the engine switch. Turned it back on and again the bike roared. Decided to ignored the problem and rode back home..

There's also a buzzing sound around the engine. Possibly the starter-motor running 24/7... WTF is going on?

Better push to a bike shop n have it check.

Sound like ur ignition starter is spoilt. Keep pressing on....

E buzz sound is the firing of e ignition. Press too long will become 'charcoal'....

Like u start car, if cont to turn e key, will hear e buzz sound.... Mech says dun press for more than 5sec each time. Else e ignition will burned.

My 1cent suggestion, may nt be e rite problem :cheeky:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2679/189/29/620279922/n620279922_2379756_8186156.jpg

Shared grief is half the sorrow. Happiness when shared is doubled

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs110.snc3/15733_203433224922_620279922_4083571_81483_n.jpg

在错的时候é‡åˆ°å¯¹çš„人, 是é—憾;

在对的时候é‡åˆ°é”™çš„人, 是错爱;

在错的时候é‡åˆ°é”™çš„人, 是幸è¿;

在对的时候é‡åˆ°å¯¹çš„人, 是幸ç¦.

it MIGHT be yr ignition starter ( the electric start button ) was jammed and cant " auto release " . hence causing it to be buzzing and roar once u switch on ignition.

happened to me b4 and i applied WD40 and it was solved

D437S Gi-pro Dynamx volt RCS 19 Gianelli W custom SK silencer BMC air filt H&BJr 40L Scottoiler Bridgesport L valve HID Ventura headl PR3 Custom made radiator guard 3M Carbon IU Ohlins YA-041 BMW grips Motovation front fork & rear axle slider Barend slider Titax adjustable clutch Crampbuster Ram Mount W Aquabox USB charger Custom made Sargent Inspired seats@eugene saddlery

Your starter switch is jammed or kill switch inside filled with water. Open up by unscrewing to philip screws below..spray WD40...or dry it.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!