SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Need some important tips for TP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~.~ great!!! mine is coming monday..15 march..any1 too?

anyway can i ask..when go for TP..duration how long? cosh gt like 90 ppl..den how i know when my turn -_-

My performances is always random de lei..sometime ok sometime suck..zzz..cham liao

anyway can i ask..when go for TP..duration how long? cosh gt like 90 ppl..den how i know when my turn -_-

My performances is always random de lei..sometime ok sometime suck..zzz..cham liao

usually tp test around 2 hrs. then must wait another hr for the results. to know when is your turn, you must wait for your tag number. usually 10 tag numbers would be 1 batch (eg tag 1-10 is batch 1). so you must wait for your batch of tag numbers to be called out.

as for your performance, go for more revisions. make sure your courses are good and that you can meet all the requirements for the courses. and also on the test dont get too nervous. all the best :thumb:

Guns don't kill people.Idiots with guns kill people.

Budget until 2pm, because no matter whether you are the first or last rider, you still have to wait for everyone...

yeah. even if immediate failure also must wait for everyone because the tp has the pdl. o_O

Guns don't kill people.Idiots with guns kill people.

Not sure whether this applies for 2B, but for 2A/2 TP, the service is very good... they (the driving center) even help us apply for + stick the sticker on the license! :thumb: Save you the trouble of queuing up. Can go for lunch etc while waiting, instead of just sitting around at the TP counter.

My bike is stock! Please don't jio me! :angel:

Super lightweight lithium batteries for sale! http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/347746

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i cant remember mine.. but confirm is paste sticker..

after they do the roll-call for failures, they will show u the video immediately..

afterwhich, they will release the test result slips batch by batch to avoid overcrowding at the TP counter..

that is for cdc..

can't wait to paste my final piece of sticker..

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

i think the main tip is to remain calm. just treat it like a circuit revision that way u wont be so stressed out.

Any tips to give cause it's my 3rd time of trying..

like i said earlier stay calm dont think like " omg tp test. must do everything perfect. scared"

this will only make u more stress out.

be relaxed while waiting and do what u always do in RC.

fyi, my last RC i stall engine and fell.

but still managed to pass the next day during tp

wish u all the best. whens your next tp?

• 2 months later...

whoa...this is a very good thread man. alot of useful tips and everyone so helpful!

i going for prac 8 next but really no confidence to clear it fast, sure fail many times like prac 5. think i better do cr till i can touch the kerb on fig.8 while turning around smoothly (all within the blink of 10secs!!) and balance on plank like cirque du soleil before i even try for prac 8 :pray:

the reality of finally being able to own that license is suddenly drawing so near that it makes me abit lost.

no hurry though.....slow and steady steady (no wobbling!) will win the race - eventually. right?

all the best to those who are also completing 2B! :bounce:

Basically is in accordance with the instructor's experience. It is best to ask the instructors in you find doubts in yr balance and technique. This is only technique and skill of handling the bike. There are a set of principle on the road that is more important - tolerance, forebearance and give way even if you have the right of way at times depending on circumstances. Basically is yr intrinsic technique and skills of emotion intelligence on a happy journey as a road users.

fig.8 while turning around smoothly.

Just normal squeeze a bit of throttle and simultaneously stepping a little on the rear break while turning. Yr eyes should be on the turning curve and neither on the kerb nor directly infront of the bike, this is to gain control of the bike instead of the bike controlling u.

balance on plank like cirque du soleil before i even try for prac 8

Once you move on, release throttle, chin slightly up looking far ahead with the prank in sight or at the end of the prank. You should grasp a little on the clutch while moving, and control the speed by stepping a little on the rear break. Throttle a bit if you find that the bike is not moving steadily. Yr thigh should grasp on the fuel tank firmly but not so tightly :D Maintain a steady waist upright and a relax body.

All the best :cheers:

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0016.gif http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0077.gif

thanks aixin.

inside fig.8, usually i just maintain throttle all the way, no rear braking otherwise i will be too slow. problem is entering and exit, i got problem turning left...right side no problem but left turn in and left turn out always too slow and end up my timing is usually btw 11-12secs.

plank - you release throttle all the way arh? the bike wont rock?

my only problem with plank is to be stable right after i go up.

though the plank is so thin, it feels like a "whoaaaa" while moving up onto it....and it's either i manage to stable myself or i wobble and fall already.

i usually just keep reminding myself how thin the plank actually is and how thin my wheels are compared to the plank so i SHOULD be able to balance!

and also, main problem is that i get super nervous once i see instructors at their stations. somehow i cannot stand being scrutinised, and i will surely make mistake. i think this is the major 'phobia' that i have to overcome in order to pass! when no one is around i can vroom thru most obstacles relaxed and with ease :cry: