SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Stupid mistake in twisties.

William Tan

Hi fellas.

Found this clip in the Clips and Motions section.

Just thought that it would be good to share it here so that all can learn that although twisties are fun to play, we should always know our limits and the limits of our machines or you'll be in for a long ride down....

and gosh... what a waste... a Road King somemore...

Reminded me of what nearly happened to me when going down Frasers. :sweat:

Ride safe everyone...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho ho. one stupid helluva rider man.

Another stupid case of a speedster. He shouldn't have been a cruiser rider.

Cos this kind of bikes have wide turning radius due the rake out front.

Stupid dude. Painful lesson. Duh

You guys better remind yourself whenever riding on a twisty roads.

In spore will be like South Buona Vista Road. Damn twisty and narrow lah.

Name some of spore twisty roads if you know..................

Originally posted by sgstarrider@Oct 10 2006, 07:21 AM

Ho ho. one stupid helluva rider man.

Another stupid case of a speedster. He shouldn't have been a cruiser rider.

Cos this kind of bikes have wide turning radius due the rake out front.

Stupid dude. Painful lesson. Duh

You guys better remind yourself whenever riding on a twisty roads.

In spore will be like South Buona Vista Road. Damn twisty and narrow lah.

Name some of spore twisty roads if you know..................

I know. I've already scratched my foot boards on that road. :weep:

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

i give that man a 10 point for that dive~!

A New Rider A New Bike A New Hope ~!

~~TA200 Phantom custom 4 ~ 2004 to 2006

A old Rider , A old Bike but still A New Hope~!

~~Dragstar 4TR custom 2006 to 2007

A forgotten Rider, An old legend, A returned Hope~!

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

A returned Rider, Another legend, forever hope~!

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

"ohhhhhh!!"

"Stop! Stop!"

"oh my god! why did they do that?!"

"idiots, fcuking idiots!"

"Stop the car. Stop!"

"ohhhhh my god! why did they do that?!"

"they're idiots. fcuking idiots!"

sorry, they just sounded funny.

anyway, did the harley took a plunge? scary though, like the earth swallowing him up.

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Initially I tot it was at Frasers ... until I saw the yellow line and the R1(I think) zoomed pass on the opposite which made me realize it can't be this part of the world.

Anyway, thats mostly what I dread when going down Frasers. Big heavy bikes normally don't stop so good. No point having brakes that are too good either as you'll probably jam your front and crash ... so if you want to so call play at the corners, go get bikes meant for it.

I know my heart will drop if I see any of our guys doing that and thats why we always remind them about the corners. All you have in Singapore in the so called 99 corners of South Buona Vista and thats just under 1 km compared to hairpin bends of Frasers that stretches 30km.

Its a good reminder when one goes on these kinda roads in Malaysia or Thailand ... good one William!

have bike will travel . . . . .

www.kruzer.sg

Thanks Isaac...

About the brakes; if you look closely enough, you can actually see that the rear wheel locked and he skidded a little before entering the grass patch. One in the grass patch, guess there's too little reaction time to bail or change direction (rather impossible with the weight of the bike and the speed). It also seems that the rider wasnt too familiar with the road. Either that, or he overestimated the capabilities of his bike.

Riding on a non-familiar road during touring is not like riding in Singapore or in a track where more or less, you know the route and can anticipate and make more accurate judgement. Also, understanding the capability of your bike and always be 100% sure about what you're gonna do is important. The best rule to follow is if you're not 100% sure you can make it, try not to do it. Say "try" because some ppl have higher risk tolerance than others.

After my incident while coming down Frasers where i was stupidly trying to overtake a van in a corner and nearly going over the side, i've learnt that rash and clouded impulsive decisions can cost you.

Although i was confident and familiar with the route, i guess the thrill factor from the "I-want-to-be-Rossi-on-CB750" side of my brain over-rode the logical "you-are-dead-and-must-be-nuts-to-do-that" side.

You either learn it the easy way from some of these videos and from personal experience from ppl or learn it the hard way.

But sometimes, learning the hard way don't really give you the chance to repent and try again.

Yup dun forget bout the Yala - Narathiwat twisties....that was a superb stretch of twisties by the lake side. Cant remember how long the stretch is...shd be bout 70kliks i guess..correct me if im wrong...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/peb593746e9ae6515f120fff04d05203d/f7146af5.jpg

In Loving memory Of A Friend, Riding Buddy, TCS Buddy, Pendas Buddy, 3NCR Buddy, Frasers Buddy, GP Buddy, Southern Thailand Buddy, Cherating Buddy, Changi V Buddy,

will never forget your smiles, boh chap attitude, the rides that we went tru, dry, wet, hot, cold and dangerous....u will alwiz be in our hearts!!! Good Bye My Buddy!!!

Originally posted by feiray@Oct 10 2006, 10:41 PM

Yup dun forget bout the Yala - Narathiwat twisties....that was a superb stretch of twisties by the lake side. Cant remember how long the stretch is...shd be bout 70kliks i guess..correct me if im wrong...

yes feiray, its about there. Its fun huh ... twisties by the lake. But now its hard to do it due to the unrest unless you want to join in the unrest and have an adventure!

have bike will travel . . . . .

www.kruzer.sg

The 10 Commandments For Bends. :D

01. Good weather

02. Machine pre-preparation

03. Rider moods

04. Know your roads

05. Know your bike limits

06. Know self performance limits

07. Know your rubbers limits

08. No loose thingy on bike

09. Protection gears

10. Buy personal accident insurance

:goodluck: :goodluck: :goodluck:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/Daryous/My%20Motorcycles/NAFeelingLucky.gif

My ONE & ONLY RULE in regards to bends...........

Stop the bike, dismount, roll the bike to the end of the bend then mount again and CONTINUE THE RIDE!!!

Hope my trusted technic helps.............

"I EAT,

BREATHE,

SLEEP,

RIDE, TALK, DREAM,

LIVE AND LOVE

MOTORCYCLES"

Originally posted by isaac chan@Oct 10 2006, 11:53 AM

All you have in Singapore in the so called 99 corners of South Buona Vista and thats just under 1 km compared to hairpin bends of Frasers that stretches 30km.

there is also devil's bend in singapore. hehe..

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Originally posted by eaz@Oct 13 2006, 12:47 PM

My ONE & ONLY RULE in regards to bends...........

Stop the bike, dismount, roll the bike to the end of the bend then mount again and CONTINUE THE RIDE!!!

Hope my trusted technic helps.............

:giddy:

Originally posted by William Tan@Oct 13 2006, 02:45 PM

:giddy:

Hoi why?

My bike not as tall and big as yours ma, so if pushing makes it safer, then i push la. And besides, I know you 'REAL MAN' wor.

"I EAT,

BREATHE,

SLEEP,

RIDE, TALK, DREAM,

LIVE AND LOVE

MOTORCYCLES"