SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Classes 2B/2 singapore license conversion from foreign rider license thread...

taxico

This confirms the first post. My bro called and got this info:

1. An expired Singapore license cannot be renewed after 3 years,

2. You have to apply to convert your US/Foreign License to Singapore License,

3. You need to take the Basic Theory Test (BTT) administered by the couple of driving schools in Singapore,

4. Have to apply for the BTT in person and waiting time is approx 4 weeks. The Traffic Police lady said you can seek the respective Chief Tester at the driving schools to allow a shorter wait time. But for sure the driving school would need you to take a couple of their Lessons before taking the BTT,

5. As for the full class 2, you would need to show proof that you had owned a big CC bike for the past 3 years. Such proof could include registration papers or insurance certificates etc.

This will apply to anyone who has never had a Singapore license, expired Singapore license or has obtained a foreign license while overseas.

Hope this helps others with the same issues. Thanks to my bro for doing this.

Edited by kilat

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi bro, i juz got my license in indonesia. and 2 more wks my school's gonna start which means i will be holding a student pass. so to say, am i able to ride in singapore for 1 yr? previously i stayed in singapore for around 6 years, completing my PSLE and my GCE O lvls. Thanks and regards!! =)

Edited by krocozkid

• 1 month later...

Hi Friends,

I am from India and will be there in Singapore for 4 Years.

Now in India, they don't issue license such in classes. If you have a license you can ride any bike of any class, be it a moped or a litre class bike.

Now, I hold a bike driving license from past 4 Years and owning a 160 cc and 250 cc bike.

Now which class of license I should be given if I want to localise.

Thanks,

Joy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hi guys i am a singaporean studying in the uk and i just passed my full uk bike license in addition have been holding my sg car license for about 6 years. i was wondering how can i go about converting my bike license to a class 2a or 2 when i get back to sg? with my uk license could i buy and ride a class 2 in sg for a year before converting? thank you guys in advance for helping me out :)

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

Iam an Indian Working in Singapore for 4 Years holding Employment Pass, I never drove a Bike in singapore, Now I have an international License, can I still still drive for 12 months without

converting to Singapore License ? (or do I need to convert to a singapore license to drive since Iam here already for four years ?)

• 4 weeks later...

Would just like to share my negative experience yesterday when I went to Woodlands driving centre to try and convert my full European license to a class 2. The desk officer was unwilling to convert even after explaining my history and when I insisted they brought me to the supervisor and this uncle had already made up his mind without listening or viewing and background. There was no way he was going to convert my valid license...

Will try and follow the approach of just using my foreign license and ride around for a year before trying to convert again, maybe with that track record they will be more open to listen.

Seriously annoying to be denied a full license when you have several years of experience riding a class 2 bike. Don't think I will enjoy a 2B anymore at this point...

Would just like to share my negative experience yesterday when I went to Woodlands driving centre to try and convert my full European license to a class 2. The desk officer was unwilling to convert even after explaining my history and when I insisted they brought me to the supervisor and this uncle had already made up his mind without listening or viewing and background. There was no way he was going to convert my valid license...

Will try and follow the approach of just using my foreign license and ride around for a year before trying to convert again, maybe with that track record they will be more open to listen.

Seriously annoying to be denied a full license when you have several years of experience riding a class 2 bike. Don't think I will enjoy a 2B anymore at this point...

You can always try again at a different centre. Are you currently riding a class 2 bike on your foreign licence? Most people in this situation have managed to convert to class 2 successfully. Bring documents with you, such as proof of insurance from your home country, that you have been insured for a long time for riding a class 2 bike.

You can always try again at a different centre. Are you currently riding a class 2 bike on your foreign licence? Most people in this situation have managed to convert to class 2 successfully. Bring documents with you, such as proof of insurance from your home country, that you have been insured for a long time for riding a class 2 bike.

Definitely gonna try at another centre again. Currently looking to buy a class 2 bike here but this experience bring some doubt in my mind as I do not want to end up with class 2 bike and only class 2b license... I did not bring any documents with me last time but as mentioned, the uncle there wasn't gonna look at it anyway, his mind was made up from the moment I step into his office...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do have a question

I read somewhere in MOM, "Work Permit holder is not allow to drive in singapore unless your job scope is related to driving"

however im not sure it is refer to both car and motorbike or ONLY car ?

so my main question is, can a work permit holder ride a SG motor in SG ?

(of course after convert to SG license)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, Im 18 and i just moved to Singapore. I used to ride a ninja 250 back in my country (India) . My question is there gonna be any problems with getting insurance ? Went to a dealer at ubi last week and he wasn't sure either. Anybody here knows how it works ?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"also, if you already hold a valid singapore license (eg, class 3), conversion is FREE and instantaneous! a class 2B/2 endorsement will added on as a sticker laminate to your existing license." quote from page 1.

Is this still valid? because its contradicting with post from http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/379862-Buying-a-Motorcycle-in-Singapore-with-a-Foreign-License any one can provide useful info/link?

thanks before!

• 6 months later...

I converted my MY car driving licence to SG driving licence last year. Because I was posted back to Malaysia to work, and now I got my B full licence in MY. In future can I convert my B full to class 2 licence in Sg, anyone with similar experience.

Harley Iron 883 and RSD freak!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the usefull info. Got my unrestricted license in the Netherlands about 3 years ago.

Comming soon (I hope).....

Will drive 600+ cc bike for the 1st 12 months then convert to full.

I was thinking of taking some practical lessons, for the particulars in Singapore (for Safety), any idea if any of the schools offer such an "intro into driving in Singapore" ?

If not; might be a good idea ?

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I recently converted from an Australian unrestricted licence and was only able to obtain a Class 2B as I do not have proof of testing or training on a larger motorcycle. I did test and train on a 250cc in Sydney but the licensing authorities in Sydney don't provide those kind of records - all they can give me is a record saying when my license was issued, reissued etc etc. I have proof of ownership and insurance of a 250 but they want the proof of testing and training

So all I have is a very simple looking document saying on what date I got my provisional, then a year later when I got my unrestricted etc etc.

Has anyone else on this forum successfully converted an Australian licence to anything other than a 2B? I respect the process to convert to a Class 2 but I would really at least like to be able to get a 2A particularly as I have the testing and experience on a 250

Thanks

Not the best approach. As a holder of an unrestricted foreign licence you should have just bought and used a 2A/2 bike - then went for conversion towards the end of your first year, with evidence of insurance and having driven a 2A bike in Singapore for the past year.

If you have already converted to 2B, my best advice is sign up for class 2A as soon as possible, and best of luck. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

I recently converted from an Australian unrestricted licence and was only able to obtain a Class 2B as I do not have proof of testing or training on a larger motorcycle. I did test and train on a 250cc in Sydney but the licensing authorities in Sydney don't provide those kind of records - all they can give me is a record saying when my license was issued, reissued etc etc. I have proof of ownership and insurance of a 250 but they want the proof of testing and training

So all I have is a very simple looking document saying on what date I got my provisional, then a year later when I got my unrestricted etc etc.

Has anyone else on this forum successfully converted an Australian licence to anything other than a 2B? I respect the process to convert to a Class 2 but I would really at least like to be able to get a 2A particularly as I have the testing and experience on a 250

Thanks

I converted my Queensland license at CDC. What the lady at the counter did was look up Queensland Transport book and I pointed out to her that my open license is the same as Class 2. I didn't have to show her evidence of rider training though. That was in 2005, but I was studying in Brisbane, so I had to show evidence that I was studying that time, so I showed her my transcripts, passport, etc......

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png