SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Triumph Daytona 675

Lims

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
Got myself a '09 Daytona.

Just to say hello to fellow Triumph riders here, and to revive this somewhat quiet thread.

:cheeky:

Should there be a meetup, I'd love to join you guys.

Hi there ! I'm juz one of the few daytona riders, I'm new too I juz got it last

Month from MAH motors , '09 model too . Hope we can meet up too. I'd be happy to meet other triump

Users too. Btw, I juz finish reading the users handbook. LOL! Too free already! :cheeky:

Slow and steady, will not win the race.:)http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/fail-owned-service-fail.jpg

hi Poyapoya,

you went for inspection yet?

Just did mine. The inspector insist that my rear mud guard is missing; supposed to extend down from the number plate holder. Showed me an old catalogue that LTA kept donkey years ago.

I told him the bike is bone stock! I have never seen any daytona with such mud guard before. after 20mins, he passed me.

Just wondering, does yours have a mud guard which extend from the number plate holder?

hi Poyapoya,

you went for inspection yet?

Just did mine. The inspector insist that my rear mud guard is missing; supposed to extend down from the number plate holder. Showed me an old catalogue that LTA kept donkey years ago.

I told him the bike is bone stock! I have never seen any daytona with such mud guard before. after 20mins, he passed me.

Just wondering, does yours have a mud guard which extend from the number plate holder?

I haven yet gone for inspection, but I don't have a mud flip juz lyk you, but originally we dont , the uncle last time oso say my super 4 no mud flip but the fact that the mud flip is juz the little reflector below the number plate thats all , did u go to vicom or st inspection?

Slow and steady, will not win the race.:)http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/fail-owned-service-fail.jpg

I went to the one at Sin Min. Think its Viacom, if I am not wrong.

Yup! Either one will say the sane thing , but originally we don't have it. Still will pass one... It's not a major issue tat they won't pass u.

Hi all,

My daytona just died on me today. stopped and switch off bike at the carpartk this afternoon. When I tried to restart it 2 mons later to shift it to another lot, it just fell dead. No warning, and the meter didnt even light up.

Now back to Mah for diagnostics.

Read about similar situations on the internet, such as triumph675.net, and found that the rectifier /regulator seems to be the common culprit.

Need to ask you guys here:

1. Has any of you encountered this problem before? if yes, related to R/R?

2. is the '09 Daytona affected by this R/R problem like the earlier batches?

3. When you replace the R/R, do you replace with another Triumph R/R, or third party ones as suggested by other forums?

4. assuming its the R/R problem, where can you replaced a reliable 3rd party R/R? Mah only replace with original parts, and if its a design error, this problem is bound to happen again.

Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

Hi all,

My daytona just died on me today. stopped and switch off bike at the carpartk this afternoon. When I tried to restart it 2 mons later to shift it to another lot, it just fell dead. No warning, and the meter didnt even light up.

Read about similar situations on the internet, such as triumph675.net, and found that the rectifier /regulator seems to be the common culprit.

3. When you replace the R/R, do you replace with another Triumph R/R, or third party ones as suggested by other forums?

4. assuming its the R/R problem, where can you replaced a reliable 3rd party R/R? Mah only replace with original parts, and if its a design error, this problem is bound to happen again.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks!

maybe i saw your bike at mah juz now, i juz went there for 3000km servicing.:cheeky: is your's the black wif golden triump on the tank? btw big bikes problems are the coil, and the R/R. i dont know whats causes of the problems but, i got friends wif them. and it really cost alot.

It was parked near the front gate at Mah this morning. Only collected it frat about 10plus am.

Mah said it rectifier/regulator that is faulty. Yes, expensive to replace!

Indeed, maybe we should combine with the triumph chaps at the naked bikes section. It's way too quiet here… *cricket*

It was parked near the front gate at Mah this morning. Only collected it frat about 10plus am.

Indeed, maybe we should combine with the triumph chaps at the naked bikes section. It's way too quiet here… *cricket*

Means I did see yours, I went there at 6pm! Lol!

How much did u spend for the repair?

thanks

near $700.

I got fren riding cbr1000 oso change around there

And R1 even more expensive .

Maybe we can meet up some other time! Chat at the supper tread. :)^^

I got fren riding cbr1000 oso change around there

And R1 even more expensive .

Maybe we can meet up some other time! Chat at the supper tread. :)^^

So the daytona 675 parts is not expensive after all????

was considering a japanese bike cos thinking UK bike parts is more expensive

so is Jap bike parts even more expensive than triumph?

So the daytona 675 parts is not expensive after all????

was considering a japanese bike cos thinking UK bike parts is more expensive

so is Jap bike parts even more expensive than triumph?

Dude!, the price sure hike more den japan stuff around if I'm not wrong , 10-30% hike.

For triumph oil filter cost 30 and engine oil need 4 bottles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey Poyapoya,

What colour is your daytona.

Saw a red daytona exiting ECP at marine parade exit at about 8+/9pm last night.

Was it you?

Nope ! Mine is a phantom black and white printings . :D

Recently got hit, dented tank.

Maybe next time we can go have supper. I'm active at the supper thread!

Hi all,

Thanks!

All daytona models, even my late 2010 model have rectifier problem. Its their old version rectifier. New version more better design and better heat dissipation. Most Daytona owners overseas bought a CBR600R rectifier and replaced with the stock ones. The honda uses the same ones as the newer design. Only thing is the connection plug is different. Should go to triumph675.net. Lotsa info i found there.

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/9274/saniboyburn0ui.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/saniboy/Ride/style.jpg

Nope ! Mine is a phantom black and white printings . :D

Recently got hit, dented tank.

Maybe next time we can go have supper. I'm active at the supper thread!

Gee, I'm usu zzz early, don't think can join u for supper. Eyes will automatically shut by 11pm :dozed:

I go for early rides on weekends though. 6+am on Saturdays. Less traffic, cooler conditions. :)