SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coolant Related - General Enquiry

raven77

not sure how to check leh...tt time got flush coolant...was afew months back...think i try top up wif battery water den c got dry up again anot...btw distilled water can use to top up? distilled water = battery water those available in petrol stations 1?

Life is a scam, what is important now might not be important in the future...

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hmm_@Aug 29 2005, 03:37 PM

not sure how to check leh...tt time got flush coolant...was afew months back...think i try top up wif battery water den c got dry up again anot...btw distilled water can use to top up? distilled water = battery water those available in petrol stations 1?

its better to top up with distilled water cause the ions r taken out, so decrease the rate of rusting

Originally posted by ValenYono@Sep 1 2005, 03:30 PM

I check on the Spec 3 manual: Cooling system capacity = 2.2ltr.

sorri, forget 2 mention tat mine is spec1 :cheeky: :cheeky: so spec3 same s mine?

<u>"SLOW"</u> & STEADY

2000: TZR

2002: TA150

2004: TA200

2005: S4 VTEC

hi peepz,

i hv some problem with my coolant reserve tank.everytime top up,it last only for 1 week or so then dried up again.anyone encounter this b4?theres once after travelling quite far and when i stop my engine,i saw some coolant flowing out from the reserve container thru the black pipe.it's not even over the maximum line.is this the radiator,water pump or wat problem is this?pls help...thankx..

It could be your coolant cap. Or it could be you engine block gasket.

When there's a small leak at the engine block gasket (combustion chamber), heat from the combustion chamber acutally leaks into the coolant flow path.

It's quite amazing actually. The coolant actually boils! All the way to the reserve reservoir.

If this happens, it will set you back about 300 - 400 to get it fixed as this problem involves the removal of the top block.

Originally posted by William Tan@Sep 12 2005, 10:40 AM

you mean the coolant pump? Fins are the one in front of the bike...

No..Yes the fins itself...My fins were damage the other time and coolant will leak once the temp hit a high side..

Dismantle it and send for some welding of the breakage by URS Radiator Service for $15, so far it's been ok..A few months already..

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg@Sep 13 2005, 12:30 AM

i've flush my coolant oredi but now it's worst...2 days only no water liao...thankx for all the feedback..

Better send ur bike to professional mechanics lah... sounds very serious...

2001 - 2002: Yamaha TZR125

2002 - 2005: Honda Phantom 150

2005 - 2005: CBR400RRS

2005 - 2005: Piaggio Typhoon 125

2005 - ?? : Honda CB400 VTEC 2

2006 - ?? : Harley Davidson Sportster Custom 1200

2006 - ?? : Mazda 3 SP 1.6

brother i also encounter this problem when i first got my bike. then i keep toping up my reservoir to the max which is above the "high level" mark. but 2 days also dried up. traffic jam also coolent leak out from the black pipe.

so i decided to top up the reservoir just up to the high level mark...so far so good.1 month already!maybe u can give it a try.i think when engine hot it needs some space in the reservoir tank to let the hot air circulate. if not the hot air become compressed and pushes the coolant out of the overflow pipe.

this is only my opinion...correct me if i m wrong....

Live To Ride, Ride To LIVE!