SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coolant Related - General Enquiry

raven77

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg@Sep 13 2005, 12:30 AM

i've flush my coolant oredi but now it's worst...2 days only no water liao...thankx for all the feedback..

it may be the thermostat,cos i also had this problem before,radiator cap change,flush still the same untill my mechcanic dismantle the thermo and change then it ok now..maybe this info could help..:smile:

undefined FOREVER-HONDA

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i juz top up coolant.....reserve coolant tank there high level...now slightly above low level only...when i park my bike juz now, got coolant dripped out of the black tube linking to the reserve coolant tank...is this normal anot ah?

Life is a scam, what is important now might not be important in the future...

how much litres of coolant can the bike/radiator hold?

Philosophy A: Ignore what everyone else thinks. Riding is a better way to get around. Ride paranoid and keep your skills sharp

Philosophy B: Ride with somebody who's better than you. You will pick up a handy trick or new skill just about every time you are out

Philosophy C: You don't need a big bike to prove ur passion for riding

Originally posted by hmm_@Sep 13 2005, 03:54 PM

i juz top up coolant.....reserve coolant tank there high level...now slightly above low level only...when i park my bike juz now, got coolant dripped out of the black tube linking to the reserve coolant tank...is this normal anot ah?

coolant coming out from the tube is not normal...i just changed the coolant cap and it's ok now liao...thanks for everyone's feedback...really appreciate it..

Originally posted by KuKuBird@Sep 22 2005, 02:06 PM

coolent leaking out say abit only, few drips from the 3 black hoses.. not normal ah?

normal. that is, afterall, the purpose of the hose! but if keep losing coolant, or too much, then its no longer ok.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg@Sep 13 2005, 04:22 PM

thanks for everyone's info..will bring the bike to the shop later..

so how's ur bike now?:smile:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

hi all, recently when i ride my bike, got a buzzing sound coming from the front...dunno is the radiator or fan inside...coz is veri loud...and i mean VERY loud...not the usual kind of engine sound...is buzzing veri loud...den when i park my bike...i c coolant leaking out...my reserve coolant tank, which the coolant is below the lower level line...suddenly is full of coolant when i checked the level after i parked my bike! and the coolant is leaking from the tube connecting to it..!! anyone knows wad is happening? izzit the thermostat inside spoilt or wad?

btw got a ques...when the engine is hot, does the engine draws coolant from the reserve tank to the engine or the reverse?

thanks in advance.

Life is a scam, what is important now might not be important in the future...

sticky qns.. try solving the leaking problem first. should be easy from ur post.. and the sound . coming from the fan contacting w smtg? when the sound comes, dun off bike, check if the fan is turning n hitting anything..

if all my suggestion fils, pls approach technicians then tell us abt more!!

Don't DIed WIth RegreTS...

have you found out the answer? i am keen to know also.. :cheeky:

is there any experts out there that can explain how the cooling system works (meaning the flow of coolant, main coolant and reserve coolant, etc).

thank you in advance...

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7720/dsc00157a.jpg

All Must Work Hard!

Originally posted by kennethy@Sep 27 2005, 01:37 PM

is there any experts out there that can explain how the cooling system works (meaning the flow of coolant, main coolant and reserve coolant, etc).

thank you in advance...

yah... expert's here:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cooling-system.htm

while they r talking abt car's cooling system, the concept of bike's cooling system is similar.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

• 4 weeks later...

does a successful and effective coolant system means that the engine dispeal the heat better as in internaly ..and the u can feel those heat being dispeal out thru the side of ur leg from the side of the engine , as in u can feel more hot air ard ur leg area ? pls enlighten, thanks

::

yeah, if you feel more heat at the leg area, means that your cooling system is really doing its job by dissipating the heat out from the engine...

just like refrigerator... the hotter the back of the fridge... the cooler is within... :thumb:

All Must Work Hard!

just flush and change coolant recently... changed from stock coolant to waterwetter... do notice that the fan turn on less (cos can hear)... as for heat around leg.. dun really feel cos most of the time wearing pants...

All Must Work Hard!

will advice you to change to good coolant... anyway, it is not that costly, but overall better for your bike since your engine is always running at lower temp and that less stressful on your EO... (high temp will means have to change EO more often, eg when you go touring, subjecting your EO under high temp for long time will make it loose it viscosity faster)

All Must Work Hard!