SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coolant Related - General Enquiry

raven77

today start my bike in the morning and saw bubbles of form coming out from the spare tank tube. went back to check the spare tank and saw it was empty and lot form from the tank, i wash it and refill the tank again ..

how come this happen ?? i remember topping the spare coolant tank to full last month ?? and check there no leak in the tank ??

what seem to be the problem ???

any comment??

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/8811/itachicopy9ur.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolant not suppose to top up to full. There's a guage "LOWER & HIGHER". Amount of coolant not suppose to exceed these 2 range. In between is the recommended.

Also check for wear and tear on the spare coolant reservoir TUBE.

But why got form, like putting soap into the tank.Today I saw his bike with form like green water dripping from the spare tank overflow tube and he is using coolent from shell. Izzit coolent for cars cannot use on bikes?

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Originally posted by hachi@Feb 18 2004, 12:32 PM

But why got form, like putting soap into the tank.Today I saw his bike with form like green water dripping from the spare tank overflow tube and he is using coolent from shell. Izzit coolent for cars cannot use on bikes?

I'm not really sure why got foam, base on what he said he top up to full, so I suspect the coolant could be too much in quantity. Thus causing overflow.

Just flash last month with him even he top up full at the most the coolant overflow till the upper level but why empty the spare tank? Anyone encounter this problem hope is just a minor problem. The more we share the more we know.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

just advice him to bleed again on phone I think now doing his bike.

Gear 4th

i open up the main cap and top up ... and also the spare tank 600cc is need . there some thing wrong i keep checking the main tube from the raditor and see no leak may need to use soap method to detect tomorrow.

still busy with exam now , no mood to study already.:giddy:

$$ spent problem solve..

** take note if u spare tank is dirty fill with partices pls flush urs coolant and wash every tanks clean before toping up again.

if not my problem will be yrs problem...

now i know that the raditor is block and spent $$ to have my coolant tank flush and clean ..

So this is a lesson learnt for me...

SO how much did u pay for the flashing of ur coolant? I thinking of getting done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/kazuhikyo/combination1.jpg

The more I ride my SV, the less I care about going to the annual bike show and looking at new,

or expensive, or exotic machinery. I'm continuing to mod my bike into exactly what I want it,

and enjoying every mile I put on it.

everything cost $89 including workmanship.

coolant cap change

coolant x4 bottle

flushing the main tank and washing both tank clean

final check see whether fan open coolant overflow a not

that all done and i learnt a lot from that mech , next annual change i able to do it myself.

i even know how to take out the rear brake pad from him..

quite a good guy. :cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ah kuek

Hi all, recently just took 2 litres of coolant water from camp( Spc coolant water, its what the saf vehicles uses), so wondering can i use it for my vtec 1 ?

And also there use to be a link to a webby showing diy procudure for changing of engine oil and some other diy job but searced for it but can`t find, so anyone have the link ?

Lastly, can we use engine oil with rate 15w40 ?

Cheers

Guest TheSquid
Originally posted by ah kuek@Feb 29 2004, 01:54 PM

Hi all, recently just took 2 litres of coolant water from camp( Spc coolant water, its what the saf vehicles uses), so wondering can i use it for my vtec 1 ?

And also there use to be a link to a webby showing diy procudure for changing of engine oil and some other diy job but searced for it but can`t find, so anyone have the link ?

Lastly, can we use engine oil with rate 15w40 ?

Cheers

1) water-wetter

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....ls&CODE=03&ID=1

2) DIY engine oil is not really adviceable. how are u gonna dispose of the oil?

just do it at bike shop la. no hassle and cost just a few extra bucks.

3) recommend 3 oils only. motul, ows, sikolene.

and i believe you'll find this article interesting

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=27676

cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

i m new 2 super4.juz got my bike 2 weeks ago.change frm banditV 2 super4 VS.

anyone noe how 2 flush the coolant? can teach me...pls...thx...

btw,my fuel consumption is very high leh.abt 16km/L.wat happen?dragging of bike eat alot?diff tyre pressure can burn more petrol?my bike wobble alot when i let go my hands.like goin 2 crash sia.or issit heavy guy who is me lah can cause the bike 2 eat alot petrol?

pls enlighten me...thx...

BD, if i m not wrong, u r Billy rite?

It does not matter on the absolute weight. It depends on how long you

hold it.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on as the burden becoming increasingly heavier.

{ Jan 2002~Jul 2003} - phantom 150 [FQ9354J]

{ Jul 2003~Mar 2004} - Bandit V400 GSF400 [FN9088T]

{ Mar 2004~Aug 2005} - Super 4 V S CB400 F3VJ [FQ 647Z] gone with accident on 140805

{Oct 2005 ~ 10yrs times more} - Toyota Corolla Altis [sFZ xxxxx]

Originally posted by hgl81@Apr 10 2004, 11:11 AM

Hi everyone.

btw,my fuel consumption is very high leh.abt 16km/L.wat happen?dragging of bike eat alot?diff tyre pressure can burn more petrol?my bike wobble alot when i let go my hands.like goin 2 crash sia.or issit heavy guy who is me lah can cause the bike 2 eat alot petrol?

First of all... W3|cOm3 tO 5uP3R 4 FoRuM~!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Flush coolant thing u can try to check under the DIY thread.. see got any pple know abt it or not...

16km per litre is quite high in the sense... do u always drag the bike? or travel at high speed?

Weight do consume more petrol but i guess no much diff from average bike consumption...

:confused: :confused:

thx Sukie_25.i will go n @@...:smile:

i sum time got drag only if rushing 2 book in.normally i ride ard 100-110km/hr lor.only a few time i ride till 150km/hr.abt 2 times only.dunno y leh.

yah.i m very big size and heavy guy.BD noe it.:sweat: :sweat:

thx ...:cheer:

It does not matter on the absolute weight. It depends on how long you

hold it.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on as the burden becoming increasingly heavier.

{ Jan 2002~Jul 2003} - phantom 150 [FQ9354J]

{ Jul 2003~Mar 2004} - Bandit V400 GSF400 [FN9088T]

{ Mar 2004~Aug 2005} - Super 4 V S CB400 F3VJ [FQ 647Z] gone with accident on 140805

{Oct 2005 ~ 10yrs times more} - Toyota Corolla Altis [sFZ xxxxx]

Originally posted by hgl81@Apr 10 2004, 11:11 AM

Hi everyone.

welcome welcome!!

hope to see u come for outings :bounce: :bounce:

14feb2007 till now -- fz1000s

finally.. i switched to YAMAHA

Guest Sir_Romeo
Originally posted by luvpuzzle@Apr 10 2004, 12:50 PM

welcome welcome!!

hope to see u come for outings :bounce: :bounce:

lol this mod only care abt outing ehhehe