SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Hi bros,

getting my class 2A licence soon. So I am upgrading my bike. Currently I ride a phantom. I enjoyed its fuel efficienc but not its slow pickup or power when it comes to pillioning.

The class 2A bike is used mainly for transportation round trip 40k/day, 90-100km/h 90% on the expressway (carrying my runnning gears, 2 helmets, laptop etc...) will need to have or perhaps possible to have more storage space. Should be fuel efficient. After enjoying phantom's 35k/l its hard to change to something 20k/l or less.... will be burning a hole in the pocket. maybe the m'sian petrol would come in handy.

I am looking at a budget of 5k. Am interested in s4 for the speed, maybe cruiser types for the possibility of space... mileage. With this budget, I am looking for 2nd hand bikes mostly with ease of maintenance.

Could someone recommend me a bike that is good mileage, don't look bad with boxes and got fast pickup and power.

for example :

Bike : Super 4 project big 1

Years : 9

Monthly maintenance (engine oil, coolant) : 50

Mileage : 24k/l

Hope you guys can give me good information for consideration.

Thank you!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

recommend suzuki gn250 esp. if u dont mind to use yr 2A license. Parts arte cheap and available and its simple and realible. guan hoe has all engine part on hand. Fuel is up to 35km/l. Its the best selling commuter bike in New Zealand in the 80's. Its extemely sensible, only problem is so call ah pek looks which dont heck care if like the bike..anyway its retro. pm me if u wan to test - not selling though. Very comfortable sitting on chair riding position - not feed forward

"Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing"

recommend suzuki gn250 esp. \

Thanks. I would narrow it down to Super 4 (dunno what version), Honda Shadow, Yamaha Dragstar, or Honda Steed. Any of the other 400cc bikes. I would like a simple and easy maintenance bike. Thanks for any advice. Could any bros advise on what version and year of super 4 to get ?

Originally posted by cheekoon@Oct 26 2006, 07:06 PM

Thanks. I would narrow it down to Super 4 (dunno what version), Honda Shadow, Yamaha Dragstar, or Honda Steed. Any of the other 400cc bikes. I would like a simple and easy maintenance bike. Thanks for any advice. Could any bros advise on what version and year of super 4 to get ?

Have you considered a 2A auto-scooter? Got alot of storage space and have superb pickup. Good top-speed also. Check out the Silverwings, Burgmans and Majestys.