SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

should i or should i not

maniahk

hey dudes.. i'm taking my 2a on nov21 actualli, but came across quite a good offer for a dragstar so i'm thinkin whether i should actualli buy it first? any comments? haha

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO.

After u pass practical test, den u go shopping.

If u F--L test, what will happen to ur deposit money?

Seller will not want to wait longer if u F--L.

Seller will lose many intrested buyers because have to wait for you to pass, but den u F--L.

Mai kanchong, there will always be many offers.

hmm wad i realli mean is buy over e bike first lor.. meaning do e actual transfer.. haha.. dun need to haf e license can buy e bike first liaoz one.. juz need e insurance can liaoz..

n yea sgstarrider, i think ur fren-fren's draggie's quite a steal leh.. haha.. tho still lack alot of details like mileage bla bla la.. haha.. i only sms-ed him earlier on, i'm thinkin of viewing the bike.. he din reply after i said i haven got my 2a.. haha.. maybe he tot i wasnt serious..

Well Maniahk,

u shud show him the cash, xfer + insurance it the nex day & thats it.

its yours!

Do call him n arrange for viewing. He really really wants to sell it. Cos now he riding FJR1300 already.

About the xfer thing, i not sure if ur details like Class of Vehicles that u can drive/ride will show when the LTA counter clerk check ur I.C leh.

But u can try. Dun try, dun noe.

haha.. tempting..

but i'm quite sure no need license ba..

at least i got a fren who got himself a bike n he hasnt any sh*t license.. haha..

i shld be arranging a viewing w him some time soon i hope..

You can buy the bike without valid license as it's common that rider is not the owner.

LTA doesnt check for valid driving license at all.

you have an option to lay up the bike. If the bike is laid up, it will be exempted from road tax. The value of the remaining existing road tax will be refunded to the new owner.

I only 2B lic but I own a Shadow ACE 400 (laid up) :cheers:

wow nice.. u muz haf found a gd deal huh? haha.. how much u got ur shadow for? saw quite a few gd shadows on sale for e past mth.. haha..

wad's e procedure to lay up a bike?

Originally posted by warlock@Nov 8 2006, 12:47 AM

you can download the lay-up form here:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...ml#MainPar_0088

lay up is different from de-register. Lay-up just means that the vehicle is temporarily not in use.

Mine mistake. Thought the link is for lay-up, I must have a pair dizzy eye when searching the site ha ha. Thanks for the correction.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by maniahk@Nov 7 2006, 11:18 AM

wow nice.. u muz haf found a gd deal huh? haha.. how much u got ur shadow for? saw quite a few gd shadows on sale for e past mth.. haha..

wad's e procedure to lay up a bike?

It's very simple to lay up ur bike. U just go to LTA (10 Sin Ming Dr i think) (no need to go with the bike)

Ask them for a lay-up form. Fill up the number plate n the effective date, pay $5 and it's done.

When u got ur 2A, u shld buy the insurance 1st. Then tow ur bike to the inspection. After that u can ride the bike home alrd. :-)

Yah my Shadow was in very good condition with very low mileage so I just get it first lah haha .... It wasnt that cheap but heck care .. I aint gonna find this kind of engine condition anywhere else ... :-D (that's what I'm telling myself so I wont feel so bad for buying it so early hehe)