SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

hi guys,

any ST1100 owners or wana-be here...? feel free to discuss anything related to ST1100 in this topic.. :smile:

Simon Soh

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10859/3e16.jpg

Edited by sino74

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

i am a newbie ST rider.

need to check with u guys when i do hard accleration i hear a metal rubbing sound coming from the front like from the wheel any experience?

also can we have a st tyres review with comments and mileage info? changing my tires soon.

020 - Sticky, Confident feeling abt 17000 kms (from another rider i met)

Cheers.

Alan

ScooTer wannabe

Originally posted by Alan@Feb 9 2004, 08:51 AM

Hi All,

i am a newbie ST rider.

need to check with u guys when i do hard accleration i hear a metal rubbing sound coming from the front like from the wheel any experience?

also can we have a st tyres review with comments and mileage info? changing my tires soon.

Cheers.

Alan

ScooTer wannabe

hi Alan,

the sound be the timing belt retaining plate brushing with the pulley on the left front side when u sit. or it could be the brake pad's retaining plate brushing with the discs.. nothing to alram with it dont worry... :)

i''d use

1) dunlop(forgot which model but not popular type) = botak with less than 10k km. worn off too fast for me to commend.

2) Z4 = only less than 20k km left, right & centre ate in very badly. sticky ok only.

3) michelin macadam = super high mileage tyre but not so sticky, suitable for ppl travelling very often.

4) dragon = mileage not very sure cuz too expensive to use, but most ST owners comment sticky.

5) 020 = mileage not sure. pineapple shape will form for front tyre at less than 20k km.

above is from my best knowledge.. :thumb:

Simon Soh

Simon Soh

Good day everyone,

I'm a newbie too. Its a good bike, i must say.

Btw, how do u guys take care of the windscreen? I'm currently using the michelin macadam tires and it's a good pair of tires for budget people like me.

For servicing, which type of oil and plugs are recommended for ST?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Cheers,

Henry

Well Guys if you want to know anything about ST1100 need help on any kind of thing you have ask the right man .:bouncefire:

When i was still riding my black beauty he help me a lot and give me very good advice man thanks simon

next time we meet up prata and coffee on me k

anyway i fix up my at liao the mechanic :thumb: power i like his style guess will be going more often .hehe sorry simon i :offtopic: :cheeky:

Originally posted by firenze07@Feb 9 2004, 11:47 AM

Good day everyone,

Btw, how do u guys take care of the windscreen? I'm currently using the michelin macadam tires and it's a good pair of tires for budget people like me.

Cheers,

Henry

hi firenze07,

for bike grooming i'm not very well.. :( u can check with my fren his nick is ryanrally. he'll be professional into car grooming industry.

for the type of lubrication oil & plugs is best to follow the owners' manual guide, service interval r base on individual preference.

i service my bike near to every 10k km, i stick to multi-grade fully synthetic engine oil & stock plugs.

Simon Soh

Simon Soh

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Feb 9 2004, 09:36 AM

hi Alan,

the sound be the timing belt retaining plate brushing with the pulley on the left front side when u sit. or it could be the brake pad's retaining plate brushing with the discs.. nothing to alram with it dont worry... :)

i''d use

1) dunlop(forgot which model but not popular type) = botak with less than 10k km. worn off too fast for me to commend.

2) Z4 = only less than 20k km left, right & centre ate in very badly. sticky ok only.

3) michelin macadam = super high mileage tyre but not so sticky, suitable for ppl travelling very often.

4) dragon = mileage not very sure cuz too expensive to use, but most ST owners comment sticky.

5) 020 = mileage not sure. pineapple shape will form for front tyre at less than 20k km.

above is from my best knowledge.. :thumb:

Simon Soh

I go for the original exadora tyres....Gd enuf compare to metzeler.But to note metzeler tyres wear off fast cos of the profile.Im not into real corners or so...so the original stock suits me well.Meant for straight touring ...two cents..:thumb:

Originally posted by cephas@Feb 9 2004, 12:10 PM

Well Guys if you want to know anything about ST1100 need help on any kind of thing you have ask the right man .:bouncefire:

When i was still riding my black beauty he help me a lot and give me very good advice man thanks simon

next time we meet up prata and coffee on me k

anyway i fix up my at liao the mechanic :thumb: power i like his style guess will be going more often .hehe sorry simon i :offtopic: :cheeky:

hi cephas,

dont phrase me leh... :smile: i'm just sharing what i know only...

he's my reliable mechanic fren, he's not selfish to share me what he know. he assisted me several time during my bike trips... last november during my trip to northern thai my fren's CBR400 broke down, he gave me the extra attention to hangs on his bike on n we proceed with our trip as planned.

we wouldnt have a smooth trip without him, so i dont see any harm to share good knowledgable mechanic to u. FYI, he's very updated with bike technology.

Simon Soh

Simon Soh

Originally posted by cbkooky@Feb 9 2004, 02:00 PM

I go for the original exadora tyres....Gd enuf compare to metzeler.But to note metzeler tyres wear off fast cos of the profile.Im not into real corners or so...so the original stock suits me well.Meant for straight touring ...two cents..:thumb:

hi cbkooky,

yes.. i appreciate my stock tyres also, but for my front tyre it's beginning to hey-wired for just less than 40Kkm.... :sian:

we r the same non 'kupster' haha..haha. :thumb:

Simon Soh

Simon Soh

michelin macadam tires

Haha u mention this tyre, suprisingly Simon didnt comment much huh?

Its a super high mileage tyre man! I have been using it for past 16k km look exactly like when i first got it hehe :)

Kenneth ;)

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Feb 9 2004, 02:08 PM

hi cbkooky,

yes.. i appreciate my stock tyres also, but for my front tyre it's beginning to hey-wired for just less than 40Kkm.... :sian:

Simon Soh

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: the thread still looks gd ..Meant more for straight course rd..Surprise when i feel not much diff with metz..

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Feb 9 2004, 02:08 PM

hi cbkooky,

Simon Soh

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: the thread still looks gd ..Meant more for straight course rd..Surprise when i feel not much diff with metz..

Originally posted by Alan@Feb 9 2004, 08:51 AM

Hi All,

i am a newbie ST rider.

Cheers.

Alan

ScooTer wannabe

Hi Alan,

I'm afraid I'm also facing the metal rubbing sound problem. But can't figure out why too. I only try to do less hard acceleration at low gear.

My stock Bridgestone Exadora tyres lasted for 36400 km before I decided to change. I must say the stock tyres were still in good shape after that mileage used.

The following tyres that I changed to is the BT020. But sad to say, like what Simon had mentioned, the front tyre goes 'pineapple' shape when it clocked 56585 km ( about 20185 km in mileage ).

Now, I've just changed to the legendary "Dragon" which already burnt holes in my pocket. However, the legendary thing about it is that I'm able to "free hand" my beast at the speed of 80km/hr to the speed of below 20km/hr without the steering goes dancing. This wasn't even possible with the BT020. The handling of the bike seems better than ever although it's only less than 500 km used in terms of mileage.

The big difference in tyres is the nature of the individual model made for. Take for example the Dragon is made for sports touring where the BT020 is made for distance touring. You can see the difference in terms of the pattern of the tyre. The Dragon doesn't have the center lining like the BT020.

Hope these personal experiences helps you in deciding the type of tyres for your next change...

:goodluck:

Steps to do a proper KNNBCCB with middle finger.

1. Bow down slightly, looking intensely at objective

2. Like a raging bull, hop and jog slowly towards objective

3. Take your left palm and slap it hard on the right mid-arm with a SLAP!

4. With charisma, raise right arm, whilst showing middle finger (with left palm trapped in bend right arm)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Good day everyone,

Cheers,

Henry

Hi Henry,

The windshield is the most difficult thing to maintain I must say. I have so much trouble trying to keep it clean all the time that I've given it up. At my current mileage of over 50000 km, the shield starts appearing small little pitted holes from the touring experiences. Sometime just clean it with the Autoglym screen polish which I had bought about a year ago...hehehe...

For servicing, now I'm trying out the Castrol R4 or RS that is the fully synthetic type which I can't remember. I've tried the Esso Gold and experienced slipped clutch due to the thickness of the oil. As for plugs, I've been using the Denso Iridium for 32mths since I've got my beast. I've got 2 sets of 4 plugs which I rotate using after some mileage and clean the other 4 and keep as spare.

:D

4. With charisma, raise right arm, whilst showing middle finger (with left palm trapped in bend right arm)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

hi guys,

try mobil1(motorcyle type). the service interval is longer n it's really better for our lower rev engine... :thumb:

i still stick to stock recommended plugs. iridium is too high cost for me..

Simon Soh

Simon Soh

hi guys,

who r the ST1100 owners here...? kindly add ur nick/name.. :smile:

1) Simon Soh

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

i will try to arrange for a meet up session together to learn more about our ST..?

Simon Soh

Simon Soh

Guest shebiker67

who r the ST1100 owners here...? kindly add ur nick/name..

1) Simon Soh

2) SpEr

3) shebiker67

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

i will try to arrange for a meet up session together to learn more about our ST..?

1) Simon Soh

2) SpEr

3) Alan (94246340)

4) shebiker67

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

Simon Soh

1) Simon Soh

2) SpEr

3) Alan (94246340)

4) shebiker67

5)Panclanrider

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB