SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MSS Premier 2010 Technical Regulations

Fellow racers please click on the link for the latest and very comprehensive technical regulations. There are many changes and amendments made with some additional rules to take note. It is adviseble to print and so as to be more familiar with these rules. One thing I noticed is that the series will be run by Two Wheelers.. The same orgNiser that managed Asia Pac race.. I also noticed that there are NO Novice category in SuperSports and Superbikes.. Only Novice SuperStock..

Cheers

http://www.sepangcircuit.com/story/mss-forms-regulations

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anticipating lesser participants for this upcoming MSS.

No Novice for Supersports - Newbies would participate?

Entry fees Supersports - RM 500?? Who's willing to fork out compare to Superbike RM 350.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/edmundino/avatar77_Artwork.jpgJimmy Chan #77 our mentor will always be in our hearts.... RIP

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/edmundino/My%20Track%20Day%20Pictures/36052_477507261797_778161797_6619068_5697776_n.jpg

Yup bro , entry fees supersport more...and then prize money less than Superbikes n Superstock! Grrrrrrrr........

Yes and no.

SS has prize money for each round, while as SBK SSTK do not.

So even though the overall championship prize money is more for SBK and SSTK, the total prize money for SS far exceeds that of the bigger classes.

One thing I noticed is that the series will be run by Two Wheelers.. The same orgNiser that managed Asia Pac race.. I also noticed that there are NO Novice category in SuperSports and Superbikes.. Only Novice SuperStock..

:faint:

i also read the specs n regulations... tat means..most of our riders (all above 21 mah)...even thou first timers are all be put in OPEN category...i think this will dampen their spirits in racing man,considering alot of superfast riders in the MSS.

it looks like they give priority to their malaysian riders bkos of the wildcard selection for motogp without considering the fact tat we(singaporeans) some are novice riders and are ABOVE 21~~ :gun::gun::gun:

also the increase in race fees.....RM$500 in supersports but RM$350 in superbikes..??? :faint::faint::faint:

the race prep(equipt,transport and etc) itself is expensive....now, they increase the fees..D@MN..!!!!!!!!!

some of us are privateer of whom have no support frm shops...its a burden on us.

Yes and no.

SS has prize money for each round, while as SBK SSTK do not.

So even though the overall championship prize money is more for SBK and SSTK, the total prize money for SS far exceeds that of the bigger classes.

Nils, wat u think of the overall tech n rules?

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

:faint:

i also read the specs n regulations... tat means..most of our riders (all above 21 mah)...even thou first timers are all be put in OPEN category...i think this will dampen their spirits in racing man,considering alot of superfast riders in the MSS.

it looks like they give priority to their malaysian riders bkos of the wildcard selection for motogp without considering the fact tat we(singaporeans) some are novice riders and are ABOVE 21~~ :gun::gun::gun:

also the increase in race fees.....RM$500 in supersports but RM$350 in superbikes..??? :faint::faint::faint:

the race prep(equipt,transport and etc) itself is expensive....now, they increase the fees..D@MN..!!!!!!!!!

some of us are privateer of whom have no support frm shops...its a burden on us.

maybe its time for you to get your dream liter bike and race it this year :cheeky:

track fee increase, race fee increase....but facilities no have...even tyre pump we muz go Petronas outside or buy our own pump

tyre change also no machine one!!

...DUH!!!

Bro the facilities are there..

U guys juz donno how to utilise it..

SIC provide every pit with air line,In fact 4 air-line per pit compared to PG juz 1 per-pit(that one also cannot work)..All u need is the air hose & connector.

Very cheap..Less tha S$10 u can get an average air hose,air top up adaptor.

Wat kinda facilities u feel can facilitate for the price hike?

A swimming pool?A shopping mall?A foodcourt?

SIC have gone thru a management change..

Like any management..They don want a lost for their investment..

Like any racers..U plan to join a race to lose??

We know the consequnces in joining an event dictate by a foreign entity..

I am not being a wet socks & taking any sides here..but stop & ponder..

Wat issues are we trying to voice out here..Don be the fella shouting for anothers fool's ideas..

Think abt it..then make ur voice heard..

Personally Till SMSA can come out with something more Lucracative/Enticing for the supersport/superbike racers here..

We will have Singaporean's over at MSS races giving their best..

-Contact - [email protected] / +65 83121946

-Add me @ FaceBook = Saitoh Hajime

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Support Local Racers..!!:thumb:

the difference in race fee seems to equates podium prize money........i wont mind paying rm350 fee to race and just have overall prize money have non given out on every race like the Superbike/Superstock

ohh btw as i definitely wont be seeing any of the prize money ....my suggestion might be biased :shy::cheeky:

Bro the facilities are there..

U guys juz donno how to utilise it..

SIC provide every pit with air line,In fact 4 air-line per pit compared to PG juz 1 per-pit(that one also cannot work)..All u need is the air hose & connector.

Very cheap..Less tha S$10 u can get an average air hose,air top up adaptor.

Wat kinda facilities u feel can facilitate for the price hike?

A swimming pool?A shopping mall?A foodcourt?

aiyah....not swimming pool and shopping mall mah....at least the tyre changing machine...

i pity the pit crew guys like me...:lol::cheeky:

but im more concerned abt the NO novice category in supersports :(

aiyah....not swimming pool and shopping mall mah....at least the tyre changing machine...

i pity the pit crew guys like me...:lol::cheeky:

but im more concerned abt the NO novice category in supersports :(

From the rumour & hot-airs i'm getting from SIC..

The main tire sponsor will provide tire change..Plus the rumoured RM950 for a pair of Race DOT tires are pretty cheap for a privateer team..

Abt the no novice..if u plan to race Malaysian Race Series(CLUBman race) also have no novice..also no prize money.

If u had sent riders for the Singapore Kup-prix..those riders also spend a huge amount on their bikes for Singapore Kup-prix..was there prize money?overall prize money??

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

I agree with sibingai.. also concerned about the No novice category but if no choice just race lor

dude,the choice is ours....SIC dont hold a gun to our head and force us to race :cheers:

for the record.....i too dont really like the way they're re-shuffling the classes....definitely will be chaotic especially for superstock class

From the rumour & hot-airs i'm getting from SIC..

The main tire sponsor will provide tire change..Plus the rumoured RM950 for a pair of Race DOT tires are pretty cheap for a privateer team..

.was there prize money?overall prize money??

aahh..if like tat ok lah....i heard rumours the tyres muz purchase frm them...if they change it for us and balance then good lah..tats service.

i believe,we all knw the prize $ is not tat great..but i believe most of the riders here is not after the prize $. i think they are after the love of the sports and also exposure and also for personal achivements.

oh well..the prize $ is the bonus izzint it..?? :lol:

I agree with sibingai.. also concerned about the No novice category but if no choice just race lor

dude,the choice is ours....SIC dont hold a gun to our head and force us to race :cheers:

yah lor...bo pien... wat to do :( but like i say lah... after seeing the competition level in the MSS between OPEN and NOVICE, i pity those who wanted to race in the NOVICE session(excluding pple like azlan shah 2008 and erwan in 2009 lah) :lol: they sure 'terperanjat beruk' lolx....

pit crews like me just watch by the pit lane lor...:lol:

aahh..if like tat ok lah....i heard rumours the tyres muz purchase frm them...if they change it for us and balance then good lah..tats service.

i believe,we all knw the prize $ is not tat great..but i believe most of the riders here is not after the prize $. i think they are after the love of the sports and also exposure and also for personal achivements.

oh well..the prize $ is the bonus izzint it..?? :lol:

yah lor...bo pien... wat to do :( but like i say lah... after seeing the competition level in the MSS between OPEN and NOVICE, i pity those who wanted to race in the NOVICE session(excluding pple like azlan shah 2008 and erwan in 2009 lah) :lol: they sure 'terperanjat beruk' lolx....

pit crews like me just watch by the pit lane lor...:lol:

corrections dude.....2008 wasnt azlan....it was Farhan Malik and he had to fight for the position till the last race for novice cat ;)

If ur Aiming for the Novice...

Wat i can suggest is not to commit ur team or riders yet..

Set timing targets..Get ur riders expose more to the track..

Getting the bike Suop-up also no point..its a total diff game now..

With 2-wheelers in the pictures..I have a feeling the scruteneering will be no ball park..

it will be almost similar like ARRC(asia-pac)..

Plus they are goin to source out a wild card rider..definately..they will come on hard on the winners..

I know all have set a certain budget & goals aim for the racing season..

But don u feel its makes all that racing much sweeter if ur team able to get a standing or a good position at the end?

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Read the Technical Regulations for each class and I am impressed.

Razlan has really turned things around.

Now, I hope that the scrutineering will match up to this standard so that the rules are enforced, unlike before.

I especially like the clause that a bike must be stripped at the team's expense if SIC wants to check it, but protests from another team need a deposit to make it happen.

Cheating has been rife in the MSS for so long, it's time it stopped.

I HOPE CHEATERS GET BANNED.

From what I have heard, the standard of the event is going to be much higher than before, so the hike in fees is expected and hopefully; worth it.

I agree with Rein, the facilities have always been there, especially during MSS. You just need to come prepared and if you are not, then you should blame yourself.

Word is that there will be tyre changing facilities provided this time around.

With the extra prize money being given out in the Supersports class and overwhelming entries, it is only reasonable to expect that the entry fees be higher.

SIC has to make this event work profitably, otherwise they might as well not run it in the first place - this is not a charity event like what the REV Club does and if you want more event/title sponsors it needs to show profitability.

If you ask me, the reason why there is a class system in Superstock is because they can probably afford to run it together, which is cost effective due to the smaller expected number of entries.

Also, you have to consider that the Supersport class rules are a means to an end:

They want to find and hopefully groom Malaysian riders for Moto2 and 125cc wildcards from the Supersport pool, since this is the class that most closely mimics Moto2 and 125cc in the MSS.

This (I am quite sure) is the main objective of the managment behind the MSS and brings some meaning to the event, instead of how it was before - no strategic goals.

And so now, we can probably understand why the Junior class is for under 21's - this is a development pond and they don’t want older riders that are too old to be groomed for the future, messing around and demoralising the young diamonds in the rough while taking the prize money too!

I’m sorry, but it makes sense and is more important overall in the greater scheme of things, than some guys trying to get a taste of racing for the first time, but want a chance on the podium.

I was a big Shahrol Yuzy fan and never cared about his citizenship, he's my neighbour and I am proud of him. It's fantastic to see such planning being laid down by Malaysia to find his successor.

Running another category in Supersports for Novices would just be too much effort for too little gain.

My suggestion - practice and get your speed and join the Open class, the faster riders will make you faster if you try hard enough.

Don’t join a class only because you can win – a racer I respect very much once told me that he would rather be in the top ten of the expert class, rather than first in the novice class.

It's the BIG picture, think about it.

Cheers,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

Not some greedy f*ck out to make a buck

Edited by Hartholomew

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile

Read the Technical Regulations for each class and I am impressed.

Razlan has really turned things around.

Now, I hope that the scrutineering will match up to this standard so that the rules are enforced, unlike before.

I especially like the clause that a bike must be stripped at the team's expense if SIC wants to check it, but protests from another team need a deposit to make it happen.

Cheating has been rife in the MSS for so long, it's time it stopped.

I HOPE CHEATERS GET BANNED.

From what I have heard, the standard of the event is going to be much higher than before, so the hike in fees is expected and hopefully; worth it.

I agree with Rein, the facilities have always been there, especially during MSS. You just need to come prepared and if you are not, then you should blame yourself.

Word is that there will be tyre changing facilities provided this time around.

With the extra prize money being given out in the Supersports class and overwhelming entries, it is only reasonable to expect that the entry fees be higher.

SIC has to make this event work profitably, otherwise they might as well not run it in the first place - this is not a charity event like what the REV Club does and if you want more event/title sponsors it needs to show profitability.

If you ask me, the reason why there is a class system in Superstock is because they can probably afford to run it together, which is cost effective due to the smaller expected number of entries.

Also, you have to consider that the Supersport class rules are a means to an end:

They want to find and hopefully groom Malaysian riders for Moto2 and 125cc wildcards from the Supersport pool, since this is the class that most closely mimics Moto2 and 125cc in the MSS.

This (I am quite sure) is the main objective of the managment behind the MSS and brings some meaning to the event, instead of how it was before - no strategic goals.

And so now, we can probably understand why the Junior class is for under 21's - this is a development pond and they don’t want older riders that are too old to be groomed for the future, messing around and demoralising the young diamonds in the rough.

I’m sorry, but it makes sense and is more important overall in the greater scheme of things, than some guys trying to get a taste of racing for the first time, but want a chance on the podium.

Running another category in Supersports for Novices would just be too much effort for too little gain.

My suggestion - practice and get your speed and join the Open class, the faster riders will make you faster if you try hard enough.

Don’t join a class only because you can win – a racer I respect very much once told me that he would rather be in the top ten of the expert class, rather than first in the novice class.

It's the BIG picture, think about it.

Cheers,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

Not some greedy f*ck out to make a buck

Will we see the Big Red from Rev Club Racing in MSS SuperStock??

khekhekhekhekehkehkeke

:p:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,