SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Taking Class 3/3A at *NEW* SSDC

Any body here taking Class 3/3A at the new SSDC in Woodlands? Just thought of asking around for tips of driving in the area or circuit since its all new.

Taking my class 3 privately so most likely wont be entreing the school complex till much later.

Hope to have people share tips or anything to look out for at the new location.

1001424_10151882216934136_1446435389_n.jpg

Await the birth.

#singamaxima

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently taking class 2B which has a different route, so unfortunately I can't advice you on the actual road conditions.

Hmm, well, the poles are now gone, so parking might be a little harder than it used to be. As I see it, the parking lots are pretty damned small. Even an experienced driver might not be able to "one shot kill" and park easily. Also, the circuit's pretty crowded, and you'd probably have to spend pretty much half your time waiting for others to finish their "obstacles" before you can go.

I shouldn't be encouraging you to do illegal stuff, but when I was learning for class 3 five years ago, I practiced parking and narrow maneouvering in a condo carpark with my father's car so as to reduce the amount of money I had to spend in the circuit. This way, I was able to progress through the S course, crank course and parking assessments without having to pay a lot for circuit usage.

Enjoy your class 3 lessons!

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

• 2 weeks later...

How much u paid for a lesson as private ?

Private student need to Passes BTT N FTT in order to learn the driving ?

Care to share ??

Cos I m thinking of taking class 3 Private..

The school range is Peak $81 plus n Non Peak $71 plus If i m nt wrong !!

请原谅我, 一切都是我的错, 都是我ä¸å¤Ÿæˆç†Ÿ

緣分和愛情是什麼

我最深爱的人伤我å´æ˜¯æœ€æ·±

Care to share ??

My instructor charging me as below (learning manual)

$50 - one time registration fee

$39 - for 1.5hrs session (Mon to Fri before 4pm)

$42 - for 1.5 hr session (Mon to Friday after 4pm and for weekends)

Note: I believe the school's session is for 2 hours.

you need BTT to apply class 3 PDL and FTT to take the TP.

Yup. Correct. FTT is valid for 2 years only btw.

1001424_10151882216934136_1446435389_n.jpg

Await the birth.

#singamaxima

Hi, I took my 2B and 3 at SSDC AMK about 2 years ago b4 they moved to Woodlands. And I just passed my 2A recently.

The facilities in SSDC AMK is old but the more important circuit is the better of the two by far. It's bright and airy, it got tall poles to assist parking.

SSDC WoodL circuit (Level 1) is too dark, too congested, cars always reverse park into the direction of the oncoming vehicles as cars and bikes share most of the test routes.

As pointed out earlier in this thread, the parking slots are tiny for a newbie. Also when you reverse park all eyes will be on you as bikers are waiting for you and if you make correction(sss), a que of bikes/cars have already formed up. Very daunting for a learner I feel.

As for me I'll still go back to SSDC WoodL for my Class 2 in about a year from now bcos of their patient instructors, well most of them anyway. But I won't recommend SSDC WoodL to you.

There you go, my first post.

Care to share ??

Wahh, changing from bike to car? Why the sudden impulse?

Hi, I took my 2B and 3 at SSDC AMK about 2 years ago b4 they moved to Woodlands. And I just passed my 2A recently.

The facilities in SSDC AMK is old but the more important circuit is the better of the two by far. It's bright and airy, it got tall poles to assist parking.

SSDC WoodL circuit (Level 1) is too dark, too congested, cars always reverse park into the direction of the oncoming vehicles as cars and bikes share most of the test routes.

As pointed out earlier in this thread, the parking slots are tiny for a newbie. Also when you reverse park all eyes will be on you as bikers are waiting for you and if you make correction(sss), a que of bikes/cars have already formed up. Very daunting for a learner I feel.

As for me I'll still go back to SSDC WoodL for my Class 2 in about a year from now bcos of their patient instructors, well most of them anyway. But I won't recommend SSDC WoodL to you.

There you go, my first post.

Let's flesh out the good and the bad.

The Bad

SSDC Woodlands is indeed pretty dark, which might make it harder for drivers to see. Unlike BBDC, which has its test route in open sunlight.

Also, SSDC Woodlands does have a pretty cramped circuit compared to BBDC, which has specialized car areas where you can execute your parking without oncoming traffic waiting for you and looking irrirated.

These are two pretty negative points in SSDC circuit.

What isn't different

The parking lots are standardized in size across the schools. And the tall guiding poles are no longer available in any school around Singapore.

What's better

Much less crowded road test route. Easier to remember test routes, and in my opinion, more considerate and less aggressive cars ( as long as you encounter mine :) )

Care to share ??

Oh yeah, to answer your question, it's generally about $50-60 per 2 hour session. $50 for manual, $60 for auto, due to the higher consumption and maintenance costs associated with Automatic transmission.

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

Please kindly take note that this thread will be lock @ 0001hrs on 04 August 2010.

Kindly direct all your future discussions to:

Singapore Safety Driving Centre (SSDC)

Class 2B @ SSDC

Class 2A @ SSDC

Class 2 @ SSDC

Class 3/3A @ SSDC

Class 4/5 @ SSDC

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Regards,

MiCmAsTa

singaporebikes.com