SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Benelli Cafe 2009 - Adiva 150/250

TiC

bike not in use for long period, unscrew ground cable from batt.

Is there a difference when I disconnect the + cable instead? I've been doing that ...

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, its been kinda of subjective. some say +positive and some say -negative cable. from what i learnt, current actually flows in the negative direction and returns to positive. but since, alot of theories and formulas had already been derived based on an earlier assumption of positive to negative, some remove the positive cable instead.

i feel tat, IMO, tat when the negative is still there, current still leaks out from the battery, in very small amounts.

best solution, remove both....eliminates all the "THEY SAY" error.

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

Anyone try the 18ah battery on ad200?

14ah refers to current rating, not voltage right? i recall adiva89 mentioning his is 14 volt type. i could be wrong.

generally batts got all kinda ah ratings. n based on past bikes experience, example a bike is rated for 10ah batt, n u run 12ah batt, its still ok. but when u try to run 14ah, the jump is big. 2 things can happen. one is batt life gets shortened cos it cant get full charge and the other, it can affect the bike's alternator coil.

i know the ad200 is rated 14ah. 18ah, i wouldnt take the risk. also take note, 18ah is gonna take longer to charge by ur bikes alternator...so if the batt doesnt get full charge, it may not get to 12V, and starting ur bike may become n issue.

i could be wrong, but pls share ur views.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

anyone has done tyre change? brand, shop n price?

14ah refers to current rating, not voltage right? i recall adiva89 mentioning his is 14 volt type. i could be wrong.

generally batts got all kinda ah ratings. n based on past bikes experience, example a bike is rated for 10ah batt, n u run 12ah batt, its still ok. but when u try to run 14ah, the jump is big. 2 things can happen. one is batt life gets shortened cos it cant get full charge and the other, it can affect the bike's alternator coil.

i know the ad200 is rated 14ah. 18ah, i wouldnt take the risk. also take note, 18ah is gonna take longer to charge by ur bikes alternator...so if the batt doesnt get full charge, it may not get to 12V, and starting ur bike may become n issue.

i could be wrong, but pls share ur views.

Thanks for the info, I was worry about my battery after added a audio player. Now I've only 12.2V when moving....:cry:

see again and again and again and again and again.......:(

12.2V when moving is quite unsafe. have it checked.

guys, just to share.

in a malaysian workshop today, i saw a fully stripped GTS200 which has a similar engine like us. but the batt is running on 9AH. our bike got extra sprinkler and wiper, dun understand why need 14AH. if 9AH batt, its cheaper to replace also la.

Thanks for the info, I was worry about my battery after added a audio player. Now I've only 12.2V when moving....:cry:

it's must that u use a ammeter to check for accuary.

anyway, when switch on audio, together with the headlights and rest of electronics on, it will absorb much of the electricity from the battery.

if u put a switch to your headlight and switch it off, u should see a mass increase to it....:)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

guys, just to share.

in a malaysian workshop today, i saw a fully stripped GTS200 which has a similar engine like us. but the batt is running on 9AH. our bike got extra sprinkler and wiper, dun understand why need 14AH. if 9AH batt, its cheaper to replace also la.

bro, perhaps its becos of the lightings and rest of the electronics that ad200 required 14AH

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

it's must that u use a ammeter to check for accuary.

anyway, when switch on audio, together with the headlights and rest of electronics on, it will absorb much of the electricity from the battery.

if u put a switch to your headlight and switch it off, u should see a mass increase to it....:)

For safety....may not want to turn off the headlight.

Should I go for 16ah battery?

guys, just to share.

Have a lot of issue with 10ah batt on previous bike......9ah...hmmmmm don't think can last long.... if you start adding additional stuff to drain it.

bro, perhaps its becos of the lightings and rest of the electronics that ad200 required 14AH

i understand ur view. but the headlight bulbs are rated 30W each for low beam, tats a 60W combined. new bulbs these days are 50W low beam, tats 100W. so it already consumes low power. also, the bike is using SYM HD200 engine. if the SYM was running on carbs, then ok la, this bike need a bigger batt. but 14AH still, hmmmmmmmmmm

anyone has mounted a rood deflector kit?

i understand ur view. but the headlight bulbs are rated 30W each for low beam, tats a 60W combined. new bulbs these days are 50W low beam, tats 100W. so it already consumes low power. also, the bike is using SYM HD200 engine. if the SYM was running on carbs, then ok la, this bike need a bigger batt. but 14AH still, hmmmmmmmmmm

that was also what i thought till i added a headlight switch and changed all my signal and brake lights to LED form and there is a vast improvement of close to 2V....... headlight itself take up 1v plus liao....my majesty is the old model hence the headlight rating was 35W......and when i tried changing to 55W-60W, the V drop alot.......

firestorm33, will give it a shot like wat u suggested. the adiva has a spare fan switch on the right side, will probably hook up to tat.

also, i dun think my voltmeter was showing right readings anyway. it showed irregular readings when i tried with different DC supplies at work.

finally, this thread is getting active again.

firestorm33, will give it a shot like wat u suggested. the adiva has a spare fan switch on the right side, will probably hook up to tat.

also, i dun think my voltmeter was showing right readings anyway. it showed irregular readings when i tried with different DC supplies at work.

finally, this thread is getting active again.

ya,....using a ammeter will be more accurate.....:)

did some wiring this morning. hooked up the low beam connection to the fan control switch on right side. so, now can on/off low beam using fan switch. and voltage improvement? yet to know as no voltmeter yet.

any of u know when can i find a replacement throttle cable? i noticed when i was doing wiring, the throttle cable, at throttle is slowly wisking.

the parts list has got no screw attachements. possible its installed like car windscreen, glued on.

saw an adiva at hougang IMH junction. it had extended roof, pillion side which goes side ways. its either DIY or custom made, but it really gave the pillion area more shelter. not sure if its a fellow forumer bike, but its a very good idea and job well done