SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Benelli Cafe 2009 - Adiva 150/250

TiC

Hi nice info. i find the stock tyres very grippy leh. haha. i pump 270 front and 280kPa rear.

current mileage only 3k km. FC consistently at 33-34km/litre. worst was 31km/litre. own this bike since 14th Feb this yr.

i also find the 90deg tyre valve useful. going to change tat when i change tyres.

Is 270/280kpa normal? I only pump 210/240kpa front/rear. No wonder you get such good mileage. Maybe I should increase it.

I need to install voltmeter and RPM gauge leh... Paiseh bro, can help :cheeky:

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 270/280kpa normal? I only pump 210/240kpa front/rear. No wonder you get such good mileage. Maybe I should increase it.

I need to install voltmeter and RPM gauge leh... Paiseh bro, can help :cheeky:

i always pillion, so i pump higher. but muz beware coz higher tyre pressure = less contact = less grip :sweat:

have you bought voltmeter and RPM gauge? so far, I know prosport rpm gauges can set to 1 cylinder.

I can show you where to connect, not difficult :)

No more regrets.

i always pillion, so i pump higher. but muz beware coz higher tyre pressure = less contact = less grip :sweat:

have you bought voltmeter and RPM gauge? so far, I know prosport rpm gauges can set to 1 cylinder.

I can show you where to connect, not difficult :)

Not yet. Have not really gone shopping around. Dare not buy cos afraid buy wrong one. Anyway, will be away for about 1 week, will try and contact u then. Thanks ya :)

Pillion some more still can get so good mileage...

Not yet. Have not really gone shopping around. Dare not buy cos afraid buy wrong one. Anyway, will be away for about 1 week, will try and contact u then. Thanks ya :)

Pillion some more still can get so good mileage...

Hi guys

Just some comments to my opinion as to ride on the road has to maintain safe rides and also to obtain even wear and tear to the tyres which are essential objectives verus to achieve high FC. Should follow the calculated and recommended tyre pressure as describe in the manufacturer's specifications.

By the way to share info on the volt meter installation that this volt meter is useful to read and gauge the condition of the 14 volts battery as our Adiva does not have a kick starter.

Had installed a digital voltmeter to my ride and the connections is very simple. Plug into the auxillary power outlet socket which is located just on the right left side of our glove compartment.

The rectangular voltage meter face which is double sided tape can be easily stick onto any side of the front part portion of the speedometer.

This rectangular digital voltmeter was retailed by Concorde whom is dealing in car accessories at Kallang Pudding road at $35 per piece.

By the way all the bros out there, any advise on the drive belt matter.......

Regards

Adiva89 :thumb:

I agree with Adiva 89. always follow the recommended tyre pressure. There are two recommendations, with and w/o pillion.

Btw, I bought my rpm meter from Concorde too. you can pretty much find any meters u need there. they bring in different brands too.

I tested the terminals of the battery, its 12.2V. it is also stated as a 12V battery. btw, does the voltmeter show 12V or 14V when u turn the ignition on w/o starting the bike?

as for the belt, really no idea as im still new to adiva 200. only covered like 3000km. haha

No more regrets.

I agree with Adiva 89. always follow the recommended tyre pressure. There are two recommendations, with and w/o pillion.

Btw, I bought my rpm meter from Concorde too. you can pretty much find any meters u need there. they bring in different brands too.

I tested the terminals of the battery, its 12.2V. it is also stated as a 12V battery. btw, does the voltmeter show 12V or 14V when u turn the ignition on w/o starting the bike?

as for the belt, really no idea as im still new to adiva 200. only covered like 3000km. haha

Hi Paiseh

Yes the digital voltmeter does shown 12.1 volts when turn on the ignition key and when the scooter got started the voltmeter showing 14.2 volts.

I only got to know that the Advia 200 is equipped with the type 14 volts just about 2 weeks ago.

As my bike was fitted with a direct radiator fan which I manually turn on as often the temperature gauge shown close to the 100 degress level that I switched on to cool the radiator have then forgotten to switch off after reaching my destination.

The battery was drained completely flat with the fan running for more than 4 hours of parking. Had the drained battery dismantled to a bike shop to have it charge. At Future Scootering shop is where the mechanic informed me that the battery is a type 14 volts and required about 2 hours of charging time to achieve full charge.

The shop loan me a 12 volts battery which I went back to my bike, fixed up the loan battery and got it started to ride to the shop. During the wait at Future Scootering is where ended up to have my both tyres change to the Michelin City model tyres.

Maybe will end up changing the drive belt in Future Scootering or AS Poon shop at $160 if there remain no news to buy the belts. Intent to buy and have it change in JB as recommended by Deriyu.

Really confused as enquire with Ma Pte and was informed to have the drive belt replacement carry out when the mileage at 15K km and another shop reply was to have it change only at 25K km.

Btw had attached the pics showing the 12.1 volts when ingition key turn on and 14.2 volts when the scooter had started up.

Regards

Advia89

Image070.jpg

Image071.jpg

Hi Paiseh

Yes the digital voltmeter does shown 12.1 volts when turn on the ignition key and when the scooter got started the voltmeter showing 14.2 volts.

I only got to know that the Advia 200 is equipped with the type 14 volts just about 2 weeks ago.

As my bike was fitted with a direct radiator fan which I manually turn on as often the temperature gauge shown close to the 100 degress level that I switched on to cool the radiator have then forgotten to switch off after reaching my destination.

The battery was drained completely flat with the fan running for more than 4 hours of parking. Had the drained battery dismantled to a bike shop to have it charge. At Future Scootering shop is where the mechanic informed me that the battery is a type 14 volts and required about 2 hours of charging time to achieve full charge.

The shop loan me a 12 volts battery which I went back to my bike, fixed up the loan battery and got it started to ride to the shop. During the wait at Future Scootering is where ended up to have my both tyres change to the Michelin City model tyres.

Maybe will end up changing the drive belt in Future Scootering or AS Poon shop at $160 if there remain no news to buy the belts. Intent to buy and have it change in JB as recommended by Deriyu.

Really confused as enquire with Ma Pte and was informed to have the drive belt replacement carry out when the mileage at 15K km and another shop reply was to have it change only at 25K km.

Btw had attached the pics showing the 12.1 volts when ingition key turn on and 14.2 volts when the scooter had started up.

Regards

Advia89

[ATTACH]161684[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]161685[/ATTACH]

I do have a switch to on the fan manually. But, its not connected! Mah salesman told me the previous Adiva 150 had this switch as it was air cooled.

the new adiva200 has a radiator and hence the switch is not 'used' but still brought over from previous model.

when i turn ignition on, voltmeter shows 12.2V. when i start my bike, the max i have achieved is 13.6V when all lights are off, except for the meter lights.

when is your adiva200 manufactured? mine in 2008. but registered this yr. and its fitted with a 12V battery. duno wat the diff?

No more regrets.

BTW, they quoted u $160 inclusive of gst for belt change? besides belt, wat are the other items that will be changed?

My Advia AD200 is register in 13th July 2009 and I only collected in on the eve of National Day 8th August 2009.

The handle bar right hand switch is not connected to the radiator fan as the fan suppose to start automatically when the temperature gauge is reaching the red line.

In the first 3 months, the temperature meter easily reaches the red line or pass the 100 degress very quickly and the fan seem not auto start to cool the radiator.

When back to Ma Pte and they separately install a cable to a switch hidden in the right glove compartment and told me to switch if the temperature gauge is in the red zone. This connection is the direct link to switch the fan on.

During the first 3 months also experiencing the fuel gauge sometimes working and intermittent not working.

When back to raised the faulty fuel meter and temperature gauge matter with Ma Pte and was told that this batch of bike, the meter is faulty. Was informed that they would replace my scooter with new batch meter. In January 2010 had replacement carry out.

Also during this period, during rainy days experiencing that the drive belt seem to slip when trottle to pick up speed and is weird that the scooter can only travel 50km at most especially when the road is wet. You could sense the belt slipping feeling and suspect that the water might have entered and causing the problem.

Went back to Ma again and was told to leave behind the scooter for them to check. End of the day during scooter collection, the mechanic told me that the clutch was replaced and did not elborate much.

My neighbour owns the AD250 that his scooter break down in the KPE tunnel and is due to the side stand safetly switch causing the problem.

During rainy days, my advia side stand was also not working that is supposed to cut of the ignition once the side stand is in use. Dry days are ok.

Taking no chances and took my neighbour feedback info seriously that I had my scooter sent back to Ma Pte during servicing and at the same time to remove the side stand electrical connections.

During my enquiry at Future Scootering Bike Shop on the drive belt replacement that the mechanics told me that $160 package are the drive belt, rollers parts and labour.

Not sure if Choong Kok the authorised SYM dealer in the bikes and parts? Just come across in the biker forum advertisment and shall give them a call to check if the Adiva AD200 drive belt same as the SYM.

Mine is confirmed a 14 volts battery and yours is the 12 volts type which do not know why is the difference?

Regards

Adiva89:faint:

my mistake, my bike was manufactured in 2009, not 2008. typo.

bike is registered in feb. i averaging around 700km per month.

Taking the timeline from Aug 09 to July 10 (12 months) that I had reach almost 24K Km till date that averages out to be 2,000km per month.

regards

adiva89:cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...

Well its a bit quiet.. btw, do u guys know that our Adiva is listed under Narrow Track Vehicles - said to be the future personal transport.

if u have time, have a look at

It was mentioned somewhere in youtube that Adiva has a 2 front wheel prototype.

No more regrets.

Well its a bit quiet.. btw, do u guys know that our Adiva is listed under Narrow Track Vehicles - said to be the future personal transport.

if u have time, have a look at

It was mentioned somewhere in youtube that Adiva has a 2 front wheel prototype.

Yup, have always thought that our AD was ahead of its time - since I first caught glimpse of the sheltered scooter back when I was much younger.

Saw the 2-front-wheeled AD at Mah PL some months back but was told that they weren't bringing them in just yet - such a shame

Yup, have always thought that our AD was ahead of its time - since I first caught glimpse of the sheltered scooter back when I was much younger.

Saw the 2-front-wheeled AD at Mah PL some months back but was told that they weren't bringing them in just yet - such a shame

eh i thought the front 2 wheel is prototype? u mean its already in production?

btw, i find that the stock wiper is like very tight and rough. maybe i changing to frameless type wiper for smoother wiping action :D

No more regrets.

Hi Chewbacca

Spoken to you some time ago. How r u?:cheers:

For the last 4 days my AD200 was hospitised at Mah Pte workshop. I think I had the same problem you encounter before.

The bike just get jerky and then dies off. Take a long time to restart and have to trottle in order to keep the engine running.

On Tusday had the AD200 sent in and got back the bike on Thursday noon which the mechanic informed me that the valves needs to be re-adjust. Once the engine is hot, the valves are tight and cannot closed properly so it loses power and become jerky.

However after collected the AD200 at noon and was riding for about 45 - 50 km distance and was ok.

However when rode the bike at night and the same problem appears.

Sent back the AD200 on same night and till now, still await for the release call from Mah Pte Workshop.:dozed:

Don't know what is causing and do all the AD200 owners out there had the similar or same problem?

Regards

ADiva89:cry:

Hi all, I read that some of you had the fan installed. Please advise if Mah installed the radiator fan and how much. My Adiva comes with the fan switch on right hand side but no fan. It overheats in traffic jam and I'm trying to find someone to install the fan for me. Thank you for your help.

hi guys, i just installed a frameless wiper to replace our stock wiper. finally... much smoother wipes!!

$16 to DIY. our stock is 21". i bought the 22" one. i tink its too long.. got some blockage.. hard to explain.

anyway, buy the 20" just nice i guess.

No more regrets.

Hi all, I read that some of you had the fan installed. Please advise if Mah installed the radiator fan and how much. My Adiva comes with the fan switch on right hand side but no fan. It overheats in traffic jam and I'm trying to find someone to install the fan for me. Thank you for your help.

When I sent my Adiva 200 for the 1st servicing and whilst waiting, there is another AD200 owner by name of Mason told me about the emergency intent that a manual switch shall activate the radiator fan as the hi temp is easily reached.

Mah Pte did mine by installing a switch hidden under the glove box and is not connected to the RL side of the handle bar. They did not charge for that which maybe during that time was brand new.

Adiva89

hi guys, i just installed a frameless wiper to replace our stock wiper. finally... much smoother wipes!!

$16 to DIY. our stock is 21". i bought the 22" one. i tink its too long.. got some blockage.. hard to explain.

anyway, buy the 20" just nice i guess.

Hi, where did you brought and maybe could you made a photo and post for all the Adiva bros to view.

Kind of interested to change as our Adiva windscreen can be scratch easily.

Regards Adiva89

;) Check out the website below to view the ADIVA A3 Series with the 2 front-wheels - if they decide to put this on the roads here it'll be the ultimate in sheltered scootering.

Must admit that I've always been more a fan of the open-top bike (& it was only by fluke that I ended up with the AD200), however on rainy days like the ones we had recently, I've no regrets with my current choice :)

And yes, adiva89 ever since the initial problems I had with my scooter during the first year - there seems to be less frequent issues with it these days (knocking on wood) :sweat:

Yeah - wish more AD riders would come and say something here.

Lucky you, sounds like you've got a reliable machine.

Yup, what you heard may be right cause all the mechanics I've come across who've seen my AD200 seem to all say that it's a Taiwanese 'Sym' engine after having a look at it.

As for the 3-wheel AD200, dicussed previously on this thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybigshow

No he's right. Saw this online.

http://www.adiva.it/newsite/eng/pop/a3.html

Did MAH say how much?

Cheers.

But recently, it's no longer on show anymore - heard that they tried it out and decided not to go ahead because of "...the turning..." or something as such.

;) Check out the website below to view the ADIVA A3 Series with the 2 front-wheels - if they decide to put this on the roads here it'll be the ultimate in sheltered scootering.

Must admit that I've always been more a fan of the open-top bike (& it was only by fluke that I ended up with the AD200), however on rainy days like the ones we had recently, I've no regrets with my current choice :)

And yes, adiva89 ever since the initial problems I had with my scooter during the first year - there seems to be less frequent issues with it these days (knocking on wood) :sweat:

Hi Chew

At Mah Pte to collect my adviaAD200 last Saturday and was told that one of the valve is worn thus causing "leakage of compression" and was has since been replaced with new valve.

So all AD200 bros, take note that if you guys starts to

1. have the bike dies of easily after some Kilometres and when try to start to find it and find difficult to start. When the bike got cool after some time, the starting is quite easily.

Then is high chance that the valve is worn and the compression leaks when the bike is hot after some kilometres.

I was at Mah Pte to query about the 3 wheels Adiva before I decide to buy the AD200. Was inform by Rahim the sales rep, that LTA did not approve the bike when Mah Pte send in twice for LTA testing.

Mah Pte did not reveal what is the reason behind LTA decision not allowing this bike to be on road or failing the test.

The front twin wheels seem to be broader than the Piagoo MP3 and should be more stable on the road in terms of cornering and wet roads. Every thing is the same as the AD200 except the front wheels.

Chew had forward the website on the 3 wheels model and seems to be different from the one at Mah Pte.

Could I suggest a met up with all the Adiva bros to admire and sharing of info among us.

What you guys think and to support the met up?

:cheer:

Hi vincent

If i free sure will go .you know my no just call me thks

Seem like this forum doesn't generate much respond and is getting zzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzz............zzzzzzzzz

By the way maybe u and me just meet up as to pass you the orginial Adiva key.

Call me to arrange

Regards

ADiva89:thumb:

new to adiva.

have taken over from paiseh.

wats surprising is, very hard to get any info online.

this is the closest i found so far

http://www.adiva.cz/

what i understand so far is its a 14.6 litre fuel tank with 2.5 litre reserve

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time