Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Posted

Riding spark135. I dunno why recently when I open throttle slowly for every gear can hear loud sound like high vibration/ revving. But when I open throttle some more the sound disappear. If I open throttle fast dun have the sound. The only internal mod I made is changing air filter to k&n. Anyone have any ideas? THanks.

"Love is not about being with someone, but seeing that someone happy with the one they love"

  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Hi,

 

Complex machines like motorbikes sometimes develop strange resonance frequencies that lead to strange vibrations being transmitted across the frame and onto the rider.

 

I would not worry about it unless you heard some terrible noises or metal on metal contact.

 

Resonant frequency can change when the engine is retuned or parts have been upgraded (in your case, a hi-flow air filter).

 

When I did a airbox/carb/exhaust DIY tuning package for my Phantom, torque was increased across the board but this unbalanced the engine slightly at low revs due to the higher output.

 

Despite the vibrations the overall performance benefits outweighed the "thumper" feel of the thing and I just let it run like that.

 

I just tell myself the bike hates iding and loves being ridden fast :D

 

Or I could run leaner to reduce the low-end torque to stock levels (no vibrations) and get a turbo-like powerband that suddenly rises and peaks at high revs - but I don't like running my engine lean and hot all the time.

Posted

ok thnkx... i tune back my carb n it solve the problem...also some of my fairing screws not tight thanks to some shop....lol..

"Love is not about being with someone, but seeing that someone happy with the one they love"

Posted

Have you tuned your carb after installing the high flow filter? Not all after market "devices" are plug and play.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...