SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

Hey everyone,

just bought a S3 , Oct 2010 model for a very good price and low mileage.. did contact the above-mentioned(cute1980) for his scooter but he doesnt seem to be interested and replies to messages 12 hours late..

anyway , the bike seems pretty good, just one question , will the temp gauge go high above half way mark ? My scooter did that few times and drops when i move due to ram air. Could it be the fault of the cooling fan ?

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone,

just bought a S3 , Oct 2010 model for a very good price and low mileage.. did contact the above-mentioned(cute1980) for his scooter but he doesnt seem to be interested and replies to messages 12 hours late..

anyway , the bike seems pretty good, just one question , will the temp gauge go high above half way mark ? My scooter did that few times and drops when i move due to ram air. Could it be the fault of the cooling fan ?

bro, did u contact me last mon? if u the 1 i apologise cos i'm out of town and i only saw ur message when i touched down and i replied straight away... but good for u, u managed to get your S3... hai... i'm still trying very hard to sell my bike... anyway for your case, its normal... so continue enjoy your ride, and thanx for the interest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't really seen the S3 250 on the roads yet leh. But I've seen lots of S3 125 on the roads. How do I know? I only know the 125cc has the fanciful exhaust design, whereas the 250 Advance model is just one normal looking exhaust. Haha

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

yo raydoz... bought the S3 in June ..second hand S3 from an uncle who took care of the bike like his baby ..lol.. the bike doesnt look 3 yrs old..with low mileage.. the bike is good.. responsive..and reasonably fast..my complaints are the bike is a bit noisy... the compartment is kind of small under the seat..gets hot when u put stuff in there..the temp guage tends to scare you with almost touching the H region but it doesnt.. otherwise a good ride.. not much to mod as its hard to find ..even the jcosta variator is not easily available.

Seem like u manage to get a v gd deal on ur bike.. Think the temp gauge thing shld be quite common as read from other bro's comments, they seem to be facing the same high temp problem as well. My under seat compartment will gets hot easily as well, so it's not advisable to put any food items there. What's the max speed u have tried?

• 1 month later...

think ppl like me too busy using other social media so less time for forums :(

S3 still strong for 3 yrs now. However few months it kept dying after a few minutes of idling. check engine light also kept lighting up like xmas tree... then found out that fuel relay assmbly went kapoot. replaced that and all ok now~

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Recite ! In the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:

Recite ! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-

He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-

Taught man that which he knew not.

So far CKA Kaki Bukit servicing has been pleasant. My coolant tank was cracked, and they got it replaced within 40 mins. Still under warranty I think, no charge. :)

CKA Kaki bukit is one of the honest and professional workshops I've encountered. Been with them since 2003. Never once left the place without getting a smile from the mechs there.

• 1 month later...

Just to share some of my exp on S3

I got the gen 1 bike and the rear arm and brake calipers got design issue. If you hear rattling sound pls pay attention to the rear brake aseembly. The thread on the arm worn out due to vibration and the whole arm and brake assembly need to be replaced. Damage was 600+ so better check this frequently for gen 1 owners.

The new brake calliper got internal rusting due to torn rubber bushing. The whole thing got jammed up. Got it fixed in msia. If need to change the calipers den another 200+. Currently still hanging on to it but there's some rattling noise when riding past 70km/h

If you mount top box and parked under direct sun not protected. Check the bottom rack assembly. Mine cracked and gave way. Probably due to heavy load too. Replacing with OEM bracket cost abt 120. The non OEM metal rack cost 95. It doesn't look good but looks much more durable from the stock plastic bracket.

The good thing abt the scoot is the FC is good. Has been doing consistenly ard 34km/l.

Hope this info can help some owners here.

yo bro...good good..u still riding the B-bone?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

Found this webpage that list all the spares for s3. No ordering info though.

http://www.dmc.co.kr/pdm/SV125/Europe1/English/SV125_Eu3-1.htm

If you know a forwarder and collector, I know the contact of daelim distributor in Korea.

CKA Kaki bukit is one of the honest and professional workshops I've encountered. Been with them since 2003. Never once left the place without getting a smile from the mechs there.
same! yeah, except john and michael is at CKA Bukit Batok for this period, indefinitely.

Anyway, i'm selling my Daelim S3 125Fi as i'm leaving the country next year February. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Or my scooter will rot until i'm back in 2015.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/409468-WTS-Daelim-S3-(Q2)-Scooter!