SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

Hi javed, hows your viewing?

Just now after work i went down to Rigina to view some helmet, actually thinkin of Shoei Neotec, HJC R-PHA Max ( at Motorworld ) and NoLan N104 but in the end i bought a AGV NUMO_Silver colour.

Hi, i gave advance for the S3 registered in Dec 2010...its still looks new with 9k mileage. Transferring end of the month. May i know how much these helmets cost? My budget 100-150$. Any suggestions for brands?

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, i gave advance for the S3 registered in Dec 2010...its still looks new with 9k mileage. Transferring end of the month. May i know how much these helmets cost? My budget 100-150$. Any suggestions for brands?

You looking for a full face, flip up or open face?

In fact, you should actually drop by regina to test the helmets fit, especially if you're getting full face or flip ups.

Example, my OGK FFR3 may fit me but not certain head shapes. Same goes for some models cannot fit my head shape.

More choice when you are physically at the shop to try out.

Helmet decal/colour wise, if you don't like the pattern/colour but lan lan cause out of stock, you can always respray/sticker at auntie shop or 219.

Most important is the fit. Certain helmet I wear to test, within seconds I get headache liao..

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

You looking for a full face, flip up or open face?

In fact, you should actually drop by regina to test the helmets fit, especially if you're getting full face or flip ups.

Example, my OGK FFR3 may fit me but not certain head shapes. Same goes for some models cannot fit my head shape.

More choice when you are physically at the shop to try out.

Helmet decal/colour wise, if you don't like the pattern/colour but lan lan cause out of stock, you can always respray/sticker at auntie shop or 219.

Most important is the fit. Certain helmet I wear to test, within seconds I get headache liao..

Im looking for full face. But heard ppl say full face is inconvenient for those who wears spectacles. I wear them all the time. Anybody facing problems Using full face with glasses? i plan to go Regina tomorrow evening. Also to Chong aik...

Im looking for full face. But heard ppl say full face is inconvenient for those who wears spectacles. I wear them all the time. Anybody facing problems Using full face with glasses? i plan to go Regina tomorrow evening. Also to Chong aik...

Not very sure about other models/brands, but my OGK FFR3 have spectacles groves inside.

I don't wear specs but put on sunglasses all the time.

Abit leh chey but fine with me, cause have to put on helmet then glasses, take out glasses, then helmet.

In case you wanna know the price, bought $230 at regina ~2 months ago.

Ok, I wear specs and I have tested both full face and flip-ups from AGV and Caberg at Regina. You should to visit the shops and test the helmets before committing.

Well, I find a full face helmet very tight, difficult to wear, uncomfortable (with specs) and difficult to remove. Like what WarForGe says, you have to take off your specs first, wear the helmet and then try to wear back your specs. Usually your specs will not be align with your face/ ears like how you usually wear it without the helmet - That makes it very uncomfortable...

For a flip-up, it is a compromise because the helmet acts like a half-face to begin with. You can actually wear it like a half-face, not as tight as a full-face and offers more protection than a half-face. How you wear a flip-up is exactly how you wear a half-face.

Lastly, full face or flip-ups tends to fog up more often and this is very irritating. That's why I preferred my half-face more than my flip-up Caberg Konda.

Ok, I wear specs and I have tested both full face and flip-ups from AGV and Caberg at Regina. You should to visit the shops and test the helmets before committing.

Well, I find a full face helmet very tight, difficult to wear, uncomfortable (with specs) and difficult to remove. Like what WarForGe says, you have to take off your specs first, wear the helmet and then try to wear back your specs. Usually your specs will not be align with your face/ ears like how you usually wear it without the helmet - That makes it very uncomfortable...

For a flip-up, it is a compromise because the helmet acts like a half-face to begin with. You can actually wear it like a half-face, not as tight as a full-face and offers more protection than a half-face. How you wear a flip-up is exactly how you wear a half-face.

Lastly, full face or flip-ups tends to fog up more often and this is very irritating. That's why I preferred my half-face more than my flip-up Caberg Konda.

To prevent fog up, my OGK have this removable anti fog breath guard thing, which helps alot except heavy down pour.. it'll fog a little.

I will tend to leave a small 5mm-1cm gap instead of fully closing the visor. That will remove all fogging possibilities without drinking rain water. :D

This is what I did too. However, you will still get the fog when you need to stop during red lights unless you pull up the visor all the time. That being said, a full face/ flip-ups are still "hot" in Singapore.

To prevent fog up, my OGK have this removable anti fog breath guard thing, which helps alot except heavy down pour.. it'll fog a little.

I will tend to leave a small 5mm-1cm gap instead of fully closing the visor. That will remove all fogging possibilities without drinking rain water. :D

True! Went to Regina last night..tried flip ups and half face. I find it really difficult to put flip up. The glasses don't fit in nicely after I wear the flip up. I think for casual rider like me half face is ok. Btw, the Regina guy quoted 220$ for OGK FFR3, Agv blade - 200$, OGK avand - 160$..

I couldn't decide as I went alone...thinking which I one to go for. But ffr3 really looks cool but don't think it suitable for me

Good price for PSB approved.. but still have to try the fitting..

Helmetboys you have to act fast.. sometimes their certain helmets are selling like hot cakes and limited stock after awhile..

I wanted to get some of their helmets for my dad during father's day but everything I've shortlisted is out of stock/sizes..

Oh for Helmetboy, gotta check with them before hand via sms before going down.

I bought 3 helmets from them already - 1x Caberg Konda, and 2x BKS FF helmet (this 2 for pillion).

Their service has been good!!!

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

just to chip in with discussion on helmets. i ride a scoot and wear specs and just got a Nolan N104 from Regina for $300. wanted to get the Longway from Helmetboys but dislike the external sun visor. no issues with my specs for the Nolan. the slide-down sun-visor is a godsend. comes with pinlock on the visor = no fogging at all even in the heaviest of downpours. in fact, my specs usually fog ups first. flip-up at traffic lights and get a blast of cool wind, and if u got teh-tarik packet hanging on ur scoot, even more shiok can drink abit. HEHE.

i was a FF wearer and converted since i started wearing specs again. was a difficult decision to convert and loved the sense of security of FF, but its a compromise i have to make for the sake of daily practicality. try not to skimp on safety guys. ride safe! :cool:

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Yup! I saw this ad too and almost wanted to order one but biker friends told me best is to try for fitting before buying. So I went Regina. Tried this AGV there but preferred the Caberg Konda because I don't like the external sun shade. FYI, Konda comes with internal sun shade, quick release buckle, light weight and value for money quality. However ventilation so-so only and the noise level quite ok. Oh, mine does NOT come with the sticker and I got it for S$160.

Agreed! Brought gloves from them and delivered in 2-3 days. Good service!

Oh for Helmetboy, gotta check with them before hand via sms before going down.

I bought 3 helmets from them already - 1x Caberg Konda, and 2x BKS FF helmet (this 2 for pillion).

Their service has been good!!!

Thanks for your input bro! Very helpful!

just to chip in with discussion on helmets. i ride a scoot and wear specs and just got a Nolan N104 from Regina for $300. wanted to get the Longway from Helmetboys but dislike the external sun visor. no issues with my specs for the Nolan. the slide-down sun-visor is a godsend. comes with pinlock on the visor = no fogging at all even in the heaviest of downpours. in fact, my specs usually fog ups first. flip-up at traffic lights and get a blast of cool wind, and if u got teh-tarik packet hanging on ur scoot, even more shiok can drink abit. HEHE.

i was a FF wearer and converted since i started wearing specs again. was a difficult decision to convert and loved the sense of security of FF, but its a compromise i have to make for the sake of daily practicality. try not to skimp on safety guys. ride safe! :cool:

Thanks guys for all your inputs. After reviewing for three days, i think i will go for Agv Blade. I tried it regina and it was lighter than most of them and had a nice design. It was 200$ though the guy may quote a new price next time i go. planning to get my S3 on 31st oct

For 180, should I install that central console box, comes with a key for locking. Thinking hard. Its not too big, but might come in handy. What's your thoughts, bros?

That 1 hor.. probably like enough for parking coupon, maybe CKA log card, a small torch and a mini mini small size first aid pouch nia.. but these are the loose items I've put into my under seat.

But this will eat into my "hanging plastic bag" space, whenever I go buy groceries.. lol

Worth or not depends on what you need to put inside and what kind of space you can free up.

More like itchy backside, feel like installing for fun, and I think it makes the bike looks more sporty. The compartment is indeed smaller. Still considering very hard. For 180 extra, maybe not so worth it. Considering I already feel like upgrading my bike. Went down for 3k servicing, alas, the compressor is spoilt, cannot service belt.

But Roy say I can whack the throttle a bit more already. So max 9k rpm. At 8.5k rpm, the bike hits around 100kmh. From my GPS though, seems like 60kmh is recorded as 52kmh. So I think 100kmh is more like 90kmh. Anyone has such experience?