SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki SV650S

kyquek

Guest ZZR-Pilot
handling pretty alrite cept that too much torque causes the rear wheel to jump alittle when u pull ur throttle when cornering... hearrd it's common in v2 engine bikes...

Wow.. that means no need to downshift so much & can still power out of corners. Sounds like fun!

The pessimistic top speed is to be expected. Only two cylinders mah. But overseas all the guys are fitting those aftermarket twin cans and hi-flow air filter which saw horsepower increases up to 79hp at the crank. Then there's this bodge involving pulling out two wires to overcome Suzuki's ignition retardation thingy (which gives less power in 2nd & 3rd gear to pass noise regs).

I just love it for the fact that it's so individual & different, gorgeous and it's a V-twin. And the cheap-ish price helps too!

S$14K huh... damn.. :bounce:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZZR-Pilot

The engine is established and used in several other models (can't rem off the top of my head)

Cagiva Raptor 650. The bigger 1000cc Raptor used the TL1000 engine, an idea Suzuki caught on to when they announced the SV1000.

to kyquek:

No need to wait for 2 years... the SV also come in 400cc.. exact look just engine change. Once I saw a lady riding one... mistaken her for Riding a TL1000S :sweat: . Then realised that it was a SV, Some more 400cc ones...

Basically very nice bike. This bike has got 2 version... first one is as shown below SV650S.. the other version has no head couling and use a single round head light. Like a Bandit or S4... SV650

http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_02/sportstreet/images/bp_sv650_silver.jpg

any idea how much a SV400 would cost?

:confused:

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

• 3 months later...

i've got a friend who's been riding this bike for a yr plus liao... it's one of the cheapest class2 bike availiable... looks real cool and he installed the full fairing for it.. (looks even nicer) apparantly 1 bad point of the bike is that it's pretty hard to tune the engine... my friend has always complained but that... coz he frequent guan hoe and even the distributor them self has probs tuning it... coz bout 14k for a first hand... handling pretty alrite cept that too much torque causes the rear wheel to jump alittle when u pull ur throttle when cornering... hearrd it's common in v2 engine bikes... all in all it's a prettynifty machine if u dun mind the little top end (200km/hr) it produces... tends to perform better at night... dun ask me why...

Yoh, enter the KooTeowMan!

Here also can find you. Aye, me having problem using this interface. Hope my message is not in a mess...

Oh yeah, I think the price gone up to $16K, maybe MSC anyhow quote price... Hmmm, 80plus horsepower? Those SV with 80plus hp are those with big bore 700cc kits plus modified cams. Exhaust and jetting are a standard. Very common in Europe. You can't get a stock SV above 70hp.

The new one though is reported to have 72hp as stock. Unbelievable, but a guy wheelied it on 1st gear, 6000rpm. The double butterfly valve maybe... very useful. Goregous bike. Loves corners...

Cool! Are you riding one? Give a review about the bike please?! :smile:

Can comment on the maintenance of the bike?

Well, I've been riding this baby for abt 1 1/2yrs.

Fuel consumption abt 20km per litre.

Cruising speed= 100kph @ 4500rpm

Top speed(tried) 205kph @ 10000rpm with stock jet, pipe, knn exhaust. Done at night when air is cool...

Handeling: Like a scooter, you know wat i mean.. Superb, but could use more power though, the pipe is very restrictive. Done the retard elimination cut wire thing but cannot feel anything, maybe singapore's model is not electrically restricted at all. Cornering is magical, but I need to change the tires now if I want those feelings back. Mine are fitted with Ohlins rear and front(springs) so wun say the same abt the stock ones though.. i still need to down 1 gear sometimes, but that's because I'm a lousy rider, slowing down too much after entry... But i happen to be in the right gear... the world fades away behind you, and your friends too...

Been so far; Malacca, @ constant 140-150kph. May gone faster if not because of the heavy traffic due to influx of sgp drivers going up north the same way...

Insurance: NTUC, whatever your age/riding experience blah blah, its will be the same as superfour. Because suzuki's has lower premium loading than other japanese brands. I renewed $560+ for 2nd party recently. Hmmm, you'll pay the same for GSX600R. Brand new will cost you $1800+ comprehensive.

Changed my own spark plugs and oils. I only use NGK platinium/iridium but they are hard to find these days. Avoid denso iridium, a senior SVrider advise so... Changing is plugs is a pain.... very painful fingers... Got small hands?

Carbs, like joe said, the agent always says that they are fine because my bike's idling fine... I doubt so... Dyno should solve it... I guess he hates to tune v-twins... Too bad eugene not tuning bikes liao, and he, also said my bike fine... Maybe its really fine...

Tyres same as VTEC(rear 160/70) so the price should be more competitive than those bigger tyres that are used on "bigger" bikes.

Some people has a mentality that bigger cc = higher top speed ie joekia. If you are one of them, don't buy the SV, coz the top speed is less than some 400cc... The SV is a mini catapult machine.

Cheapest class 2 bike(fazer600?), oh yeah. Plus maximum character you can buy with your dollar. And its a cult bike, I can't relate my experience to anything else. Its easy to compare a R6 to a CBR6. But I can only relate a SV to another SV, hmmm got the new SV650 to compare...

The new SV650 is definately more powerful and beautiful than the old one. Engine almost the same but added oil cooler. Weight same. But heard anyone complaining abt fuel injection? Too many... And the front fender is a major design problem- it allow the front tyre to spit many stuff up the radiator...

Wanna a SV? Used models should be very cheap in 2 yrs time, but provided you can find one selling it, not many sold in Singapore and most of them will be export out of this country...

Check out the website below, this website had psycho many to own a SV..

And yeah, I'm not selling mine...

Great review! It is always best to hear it from the rider him/herself! :cheer: :cheer:

From the previous posts, I presume that you got your bike from MSC at 14K? That's quite cheap considering that it is a Class 2 bike. Did you change the stock wind screen also? It does seem like the stock one doesn't help deflect much of the wind blast away.

BTW, you don't happen to live in the East do you? Also, is your bike red in colour? If it is, gosh, I guess I must have seen you before. It is a real looker!

Cheers,

kyquek

Great review! It is always best to hear it from the rider him/herself! :cheer: :cheer:

From the previous posts, I presume that you got your bike from MSC at 14K? That's quite cheap considering that it is a Class 2 bike. Did you change the stock wind screen also? It does seem like the stock one doesn't help deflect much of the wind blast away.

BTW, you don't happen to live in the East do you? Also, is your bike red in colour? If it is, gosh, I guess I must have seen you before. It is a real looker!

Cheers,

kyquek

Hi, I bought it 2nd hand from a friend who claimed that he's too heavy for the bike. He onlt rode it for 3-4months. I guess he's abt 80-90kg. Plus he rides his bikes hard..

Yah, got a double bubble, sure helps after 160kph. I lived in the east(bedok) but mine is black. :D

Red, I loved those in red too... Hot..

Do you guys hang out often?

Some pixs of SVs, some extreme nice, some extreme ugly...

http://www.svrider.com/photos/sv-pics/jadams/underseat001.jpg

http://www.svrider.com/photos/sv-pics/DiGregorio/mysv-right.jpg

http://www.svrider.com/photos/sv-pics/holland/black5.jpg

http://www.svrider.com/photos/sv-pics/Gaspare2/side1.jpg

http://www.svrider.com/riders/photos/sv650atx/SVATX_front.JPG

http://www.svrider.com/photos/sv-pics/minor/DSCF0020.JPG

http://www.svrider.com/photos/sv-pics/reeves/DSCF0010.JPG

http://www.svrider.com/photos/sv-pics/baker_SV/_sv05.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hi KooTeowMan!

How's your bike after your visit to Sanfu? San told me you could feel a change in the behaviour of the bike.

BTW, i have changed to BT090F (front) and BT090PRO (rear) tyres since October. The old MEZ1 hoops were bald and cracking. What tyres are you using now?

Merry Christmas!

kyquek

:smile:

Honestly, I regret it. Although I felt the midrange is better, the bike simply cannot idle properly. Fuel Comsumption also go up, sigh...

Tyres, I'm using BT010 because i need a little better mileage. BT090 dun last that long but boy... I know those 090, they defy crashing... absolute road grip.

Hi KooTeowMan!

How's your bike after your visit to Sanfu? San told me you could feel a change in the behaviour of the bike.

BTW, i have changed to BT090F (front) and BT090PRO (rear) tyres since October. The old MEZ1 hoops were bald and cracking. What tyres are you using now?

Merry Christmas!

kyquek

:smile:

• 2 months later...

KooTeowMan:

I am looking a SV650S now... for few weeks no news at all! As for Sanfu, they screw up my carb setting! now my DR650 can move at low RPM, extreme jerky! YES Fuel Consumption went up too!

Anyway I sold my DR!

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Lim.

San at sanfu isn't a bad guy. He got the right attitude but he may make mistakes. It took me 5 visits to get my carb right but he only charge me one payment. Did you return the DR to him after the screwup? Sound like a needle jammed to me, just add some oil.

Its worth a try, if you really need a carb work. He's done a few SV650 oredi and he wouldn't be doing a trial and error thing for the SV, I guess he know what we expect from him.

Oh BTW, WELCOME TO SVRIDER CLUB!

• 2 years later...