SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Convert Shadow 400 to 750?

khoonkeat

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gohjohan did it... but from a dragstar 400 to shadow 750.. i think he said theres not much difference ah... but lets wait for him to reply... :)

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

I didn't change the engine,Shiraz :slapforehead:

ok, my opinion, from a 2000 Yamaha Dragstar to a 2004 Shadow 750 Aero, power difference is indeed not that noticable 'cos the hp is only more by at least 10-15. Btw, both are shaft driven bikes, so some hp loss is expected, but the smoothness is still there.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Yo Johan....

u are saying that the increase HP from 400 to 750 not that much difference...

how does 250cc = 10-15 hp only..... and here i am trying to get my class 2 to change to a 750 ACE. The 400 cc is definitely very much under powered.....

My wife was saying that my x9 felt faster.....

I know its not about the speed and all....but its good to have a bit of a grunt to get out of sticky situations.....

mebbe have to aim for the 1100 cc already.

but anyone knows who does or have done a engine conversion from 400 to 750cc??

WOuld be quite keen to know the outcome....

at least u ay on roadtax....

hahha

adriel

I . L . T . N . N

Originally posted by adriel@Dec 22 2006, 01:20 PM

Yo Johan....

u are saying that the increase HP from 400 to 750 not that much difference...

how does 250cc = 10-15 hp only..... and here i am trying to get my class 2 to change to a 750 ACE. The 400 cc is definitely very much under powered.....

My wife was saying that my x9 felt faster.....

I know its not about the speed and all....but its good to have a bit of a grunt to get out of sticky situations.....

mebbe have to aim for the 1100 cc already.

but anyone knows who does or have done a engine conversion from 400 to 750cc??

WOuld be quite keen to know the outcome....

at least u ay on roadtax....

hahha

adriel

Both bikes are shaft driven, so the power loss is there. The 750 is better with torque, so uphill is a lot better.

The X9 is auto so the pick up is going to be faster 'cos all you have to do is to floor it.

Originally posted by khoonkeat@Dec 22 2006, 01:22 AM

Being riding Shadow 400 for 2 years now. Feel like changing the engine to 750 if that is possible. Any advise?

Thanks.

kk

Yes. It is possible but do be aware that you have to obtain approval prior to inspection and the process could be quite tedious and time consuming. Do forward your query to LTA at Sin Ming.

:goodluck:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Yes, not legit mod since it is the same chassis... A friend told me that a new engine would only cost some $1k plus and with workmanship thrown in, $2.5k max. I would then have a "new" bike and save the world too...

Originally posted by gohjohan@Dec 22 2006, 09:27 AM

ok, my opinion, from a 2000 Yamaha Dragstar to a 2004 Shadow 750 Aero, power difference is indeed not that noticable 'cos the hp is only more by at least 10-15. Btw, both are shaft driven bikes, so some hp loss is expected, but the smoothness is still there.

eh salah da... i thought he wanna upgrade from 400 to 750... didn't realise it's changing the engine until i read properly. dun discuss here la like that... very dangerous leh..

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

Originally posted by shiraz@Dec 23 2006, 05:44 AM

eh salah da... i thought he wanna upgrade from 400 to 750... didn't realise it's changing the engine until i read properly. dun discuss here la like that... very dangerous leh..

No worries Shiraz. Anyawy, I did it the safe and legal way with anoter 4 years more of enjoyment before extending COE :cheeky:

Originally posted by gohjohan@Dec 23 2006, 09:24 AM

No worries Shiraz. Anyawy, I did it the safe and legal way with anoter 4 years more of enjoyment before extending COE :cheeky:

wanna extend the COE for what bro? scrap the bike la... u've already acheived the ultimate what.. :p but seriously, do u still ride the shadow?

hmm.. so actualli shadow750 n 400 not much of a difference huh.. rather disheartening.. haha.. goh johan u mentioned dat uphill is alot easier w 750.. wad abt w pillion? on my drag it feels quite lively when i'm riding alone, but once i pick up a pillion i can feel e slow-down.. of coz w pillion of coz heavier la.. but juz wanna check if e 750 dun feel much difference w or w/o pillion..

n i read 750 max spd abt 150 onli? haha..

150 good already leh... actually it's like this, sportsbikes always discuss top speed and all right.. ok for them bacause they can mantain at that speed for awhile.

for cruisers, 130 or 140 is fast enough because at that posture, u're being like a sail in the wind so u'll be pushed backwards and using all your might to hold onto the handlebars.

Originally posted by shiraz@Dec 24 2006, 03:26 PM

150 good already leh... actually it's like this, sportsbikes always discuss top speed and all right.. ok for them bacause they can mantain at that speed for awhile.

for cruisers, 130 or 140 is fast enough because at that posture, u're being like a sail in the wind so u'll be pushed backwards and using all your might to hold onto the handlebars.

haha true.. but w a windshield can substantially reduce e problem rite? haha.. juz wondering how does a shadow 750 compare to a magna 750? hee..

n y did dey actualli put a speed limiter on shadow anw?

Originally posted by gohjohan@Dec 22 2006, 09:27 AM

hmm wad abt low end power? my dragstar feels choky sometimes when moving off from stop if i dun open enuff throttle.. but i dun realli like to open big throttle esp at lower end speeds..

Originally posted by khoonkeat@Dec 23 2006, 02:04 AM

Yes, not legit mod since it is the same chassis... A friend told me that a new engine would only cost some $1k plus and with workmanship thrown in, $2.5k max. I would then have a "new" bike and save the world too...

$1k plus for a new 750cc engine? you've got to be kidding?? :confused:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

wanna extend the COE for what bro? scrap the bike la... u've already acheived the ultimate what.. :p but seriously, do u still ride the shadow?

Yes, I do. It's the best all-round bike for me so far. Easy on the fuel consumption, handles well in the traffic jams and also is alright for touring.

goh jo-han, wen u said "just floor it" macam driving pulak. icon-slapforehead.gif

shouldn't it be ' just squeeze it'? 2wheelers use throttle not pedal ley. icon-confused2.gif icon-touguecheeky.gif

happy holidays all riders. Yahoooooooooo

All the same, in the name of acceleration

hmm.. so actualli shadow750 n 400 not much of a difference huh.. rather disheartening.. haha.. goh johan u mentioned dat uphill is alot easier w 750.. wad abt w pillion? on my drag it feels quite lively when i'm riding alone, but once i pick up a pillion i can feel e slow-down.. of coz w pillion of coz heavier la.. but juz wanna check if e 750 dun feel much difference w or w/o pillion..

n i read 750 max spd abt 150 onli? haha..

let's clear something 1st. Not much difference in power, doesn't mean it's negligeable. Hence going uphill, even with pillion, still can make it up without any downshifting of gears.

Actually my Shadow 750 can go faster than 150 km/h, but I dare not risk it when there's a pillion and also the engine feels hot. I know we were talking about going faster to cool the engine, but on a hot day like that, it's not worth pushing it that fast.

hmm wad abt low end power? my dragstar feels choky sometimes when moving off from stop if i dun open enuff throttle.. but i dun realli like to open big throttle esp at lower end speeds...

yeah, for the Dragstar, it won't work to your satifaction of finding the strong horsepower pull at the lower end. The power seem to come from the 3rd gear and onwards.