SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MHS Loop - advise needed!

excuse

Hi guys/lao jiaos

I need some advice for my trip to MHS and would really appreciate if anyone can help me along.

Trip date: 12 May 2011- 18 May 2011

Flight to Chiang Mai will arrive at 11pm on 12 May 2011.

Flight out of Chiang Mai on 18 May 2011 6PM

Day 1(12 May 2011): Where do i stay for the night when i arrive at 11PM? Anyway i can book online? I would prefer a place near a bike rental shop such as Mr Mechanic.

Day 2(13 May 2011): I plan to rent a bike and go through MHS anti-clockwise. What would be a good place to rest for the night? What are the places i should visit in between?

Day 3(14 May 2011): Early morning start at around 7AM. What would be a good place to rest for the night? What are the places i should visit in between?

Day 4(15 May 2011): Early morning start at around 7AM. What would be a good place to rest for the night? What are the places i should visit in between?

Day 5(16 May 2011): Early morning start at around 7AM. What would be a good place to rest for the night? What are the places i should visit in between?

Day 6(17 May 2011): Early morning start at around 7AM. What would be a good place to rest for the night? What are the places i should visit in between?

Day 7(18 May 2011):Early morning start at around 7AM. I hope to reach Chiang Mai again, hopefully in the early afternoon so i would have time for some RR before my flight in the evening.

Lastly, i would be buying a copy of the MHS loop map by GT Riders when i arrive in Chiang Mai, in the meantime, anyone got a copy where i can borrow?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read a few of the ride reports in this section. There are some suggestions there.

I have posted up a trip report done 3 years ago which you might want to take a peek at.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

I would suggest go to AYA bike rental beside the Chiangmai train station.

They are able to get you a bike and transport your luggage to PAI or MHS (for a small fee)

From my expierence (i only took the mini-bus transport from PAI to Chiangmai 150B and rented a Honda scoopy from them 140B), they are a large, reputable, organised and english speaking outfit. Go talk to them, they should be able to work out something for you.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/188619_10150443448605026_644070025_17609481_6491509_n.jpg

From my pic, you can see that they offer S4 and XR250. Charges are fixed and they even offer bike insurance for a small premium.

Schedule wise, as you have at least 4 or 5 days, I suggest they you keep your itinerary free and easy and enjoy the ride, the scenery, the people and the culture.

* I really have no idea if any of the mountain roads are damaged by land slides.

Lastly, have fun and enjoy the ride =)

Edited by pipipapipu

The only reason why I'm not laughing with you is that I prefer laughing at you.

Hmm... From Chiang Mai to Pai, if can reach before noon, might be able to make a trip to Tham LOD (caving). Then stay at Pai for the night.

If not, then slowly settle bike rental then head to Pai for a night. Go Tham LOD the next morning on the way to MHS.

Along the way to MHS, can detour to Pang Tong Palace and Pha Sua waterfall.

When at MHS, can book a day tour to surrounding areas. Some places need 4-wheel drive.

Going southwards, can stay a night at Mae Sariang.

On the way back to Chiang Mai, can visit OB Luang, Doi Inthanon and Mae Klang waterfall.

Chiang Mai itself got nice place too: Doi Suthep, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and Bhu Ping Palace.

Can check this link for some write ups anf info.

Go to their forum. Many riding trips to read too.

Chiang Mai Hotel can try this... http://www.tapaeplacehotel.com/

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

Thank you all for your replies, have some rough idea and some changes as i would be staying for 1 more night.

So the first night would be at Chiang Mai. Second night at Pai, third night at MHS, fourth night at Doi Inathon National park(dunno if spell correctly), fifth night night stay at the national park again if its good and on the morning of the sixth day, travel back to Chiang Mai. Fly off in the evening.

Can anyone tell me if Pai is worth a visit as i heard that it has become very touristy..

They are able to get you a bike and transport your luggage to PAI or MHS (for a small fee)

From my expierence (i only took the mini-bus transport from PAI to Chiangmai 150B and rented a Honda scoopy from them 140B), they are a large, reputable, organised and english speaking outfit. Go talk to them, they should be able to work out something for you.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/188619_10150443448605026_644070025_17609481_6491509_n.jpg

From my pic, you can see that they offer S4 and XR250. Charges are fixed and they even offer bike insurance for a small premium.

Schedule wise, as you have at least 4 or 5 days, I suggest they you keep your itinerary free and easy and enjoy the ride, the scenery, the people and the culture.

* I really have no idea if any of the mountain roads are damaged by land slides.

Thank you so much for you info!! Seems like AYA rental price are very good!!

Emailed them to check but too bad they don't have any xr250 or s4 in chiang mai but in pai. As my flight would be in chiang mai, i have no choice but to look for other rental agency that is based in chiang mai.

• 3 months later...