SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

OKokie. Let me start the ball. I just got my New auto gear bike.

I think you all may not have heard much about it but i did some research about b4 I bought it first hand at 5.5k.

200cc 4-stroke Liquid cool CVT SOHC single cylinder engine and transmission.

SOrt of like very simliar design of engine for X9 and VXR200 Runner.

under seat space, can only put on a standard helmet and a smaller helmet (Half cap). but still got plenty of spaces in under seat compartment.

Fuel comsumption: to be update, still running in for 1000km. Havn't hit 100km yet.

My plate: FY 1* A (Nice number with no extra charge)

Run-in speed: below 60km/h for 1000km (FU*king sian, almost fall asleep and all vespa overtake me!)

First change of engine oil, transmission oil at 300km but subsequent change at 1000km and 3000km.

Remark: I just found out that it has the same problem like X9. Loose screw, and lucky only one that hold the rear mudguard. Had to go back and get another screw and nut.

:thumb:

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the loose screw problem, from engineering point of view, perhaps you may like to try using a spring washer as it will prevent the screw from getting loose due to vibrations. Hope it helps to solve your problem hee hee

http://www.mnbvc.com/new/face/096.gifhttp://dplayer.xaonline.com/gif/016.gifhttp://dplayer.xaonline.com/gif/041.gifhttp://dplayer.xaonline.com/gif/008.gif

Life is full of ups and down, I call it roller coaster ride.

When you are going up, you will have all the anticipation of fun and trill and get to see all the nice scenery. But when you sense that it is going down, you will wish it would stay there forever but the thruth is its not possible.

Before you know it, you are on the way down and only thing one can do is

hold on tight to yourself. If cannot take it let it out by shouting.

The higher you went, the longer the sufferings.

But when you are at the bottom already, you will try to think of those nice moments up there again. But at the same time fear the coming down part.

Some things are, we know it yet we still go and try it.

Till the moment we are off the roller coaster on the platform, some people suffer and puke while some are enjoying the process and laughing to their joy.

Originally posted by gentoro@May 6 2004, 08:49 AM

OKokie. Let me start the ball. I just got my New auto gear bike.

I think you all may not have heard much about it but i did some research about b4 I bought it first hand at 5.5k.

200cc 4-stroke Liquid cool CVT SOHC single cylinder engine and transmission.

SOrt of like very simliar design of engine for X9 and VXR200 Runner.

under seat space, can only put on a standard helmet and a smaller helmet (Half cap). but still got plenty of spaces in under seat compartment.

Fuel comsumption: to be update, still running in for 1000km. Havn't hit 100km yet.

My plate: FY 1* A (Nice number with no extra charge)

Run-in speed: below 60km/h for 1000km (FU*king sian, almost fall asleep and all vespa overtake me!)

First change of engine oil, transmission oil at 300km but subsequent change at 1000km and 3000km.

Remark: I just found out that it has the same problem like X9. Loose screw, and lucky only one that hold the rear mudguard. Had to go back and get another screw and nut.

:thumb:

where you brought your bike from?

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Guys, I think there is little response on the tyre we using.

Mine is using 110/70 Front and 130/80 rear Metzler. It has give good grip even yesterda weather. Raining and wet road. But what other tyre you all recommend? Using what brand of tyre and how is its performance? Cost? :smile:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Originally posted by gentoro@May 6 2004, 01:28 PM

If banhons bro got SYM Dealership. Then is it related to Ban Hock Hin or bike production?

Bike production is Banhon (Ah San) Son, but they charge abit X than banhon. They are also doing the reloan :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

UpZ. Bo Lang riding joyride. Lonely leh :weep:

It seem like my tire are like same size as VXR but belt like X9.

Tai Hin told me that this joyride200 is the make of Hyundai and Sanyang. They copy the design from both VXR, X9 and Alantic. Then come out with this Joyride.

Abit of good stuffs from these three bikes but does it actually good? :confused:

This I got to find out. I saw a couple of Joyride150 on the road but none are 200. Please, if you are riding a SYM, PLease comment on your bike. ANything will do! :cheer:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

just change the whole damn carburator for my wife's joyride150. waited for almost 1 month and in the end the part never arrived from taiwan due to logistic c*** up by ban hon and sym. the carb conk up after only 30000km. after constant harrasment from my wife, ban hon finally tried to canibalise a carb from a new 200. spent $280 changing it...sianz...

SYM Aficianado Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/groups/symas

Why dun you try call ing this number? 67483900 C.S.T.K at Geyleng.

THey used to be SYM authorised dealer and got plenty of spare parts for SYM Joyride and not in good term with Ban Hon. :smile:

Hope this may help. I have contacted Taiwan SYM. But still they haven't reply. They website su*k! :mad:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Go Tai hin and ask. They should have taller wind shield. I have nothing against Ban Hon. You can get the compatitable one at the lower price. :smile:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

hi...juz got myself a 2nd hand joyride 200.kinda cheap so i thought y not.juz want 2 know how is the bike in terms of performance,reliability and financially.don't know anyone riding this bike.could appreciate if i can get some info here.by the way it is an FV plate.pls reply...thanks

Dear Cupnoodle,

Performance wise is definitely inferior compare to X9 Evo or VXR in term of speed and power.

Joyride: 18hp/8000rpm due to 171.8cc (SYM)

X9: 21hp/8500rpm of 198cc leader engine (Piaggio)

VXR: 21ps/8500rpm of 198cc (Gilera)

Reliability: Largely depend on rider how to maintain CVT bike. These kind of bike are prone to wear and tear if not maintain properly

Joyride: Parts manufacture in Taiwan under Sanyang and Hyundai technology. At the moment, the bike is still very new in the market and quite a few joyride 150 on the road for 2-3years liao. No complaint ever heard of SYM.

X9: Screws loosen due to long distance travel, side mirror crack after a few weeks not riding X9. Basically, only accessories with minor fault.

VXR: Best recommended bike on par with X9. Regular maintanence as are normal CVT bike.

Finanically:

SYM: Cheaper then piaggio and Gilera if compare with original parts. Using the same belt (Malossi etc...) with VXR and same tire (pilot sport etc...) with VXR.

For CVT bike, always best to buy new bike as you are the owner and able to maintain the engine and CVT. If you compare a CVT bike (Skipper etc...) with RXZ 125cc, the maintanence is alot more important for CVT Bike.

Fuel comsumption: I hope to get more inputs of model.

SYM Joyride200: 26-28km/L 98 unleaded

Engine oil: Castrol R4

Final remark: My joyride definitely worth the $, top class comfort, silence engine, mininal vibration, large storage space, very stable suspension when corner. :thumb:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Oh yeah,

the fuel tank very capacity! only 8.5L (total) and reserve of 1.75L. Had to top up every 160-180km before it uses reserves. :cheeky:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

thx for the detailed reply...juz got my bike out of the shop juz now.first time on a auto trans. bike kinda awkward but enjoyable ride nontheless.this is the first time i brought home a bike which my wife likes.she was grinning from ear to ear.the shop tells me to service the bike every month...kinda frequent or its normal.love the luggage space.any accessories in the market to personilize my bike??if u guys planning to meet up do count me in...wanna get to know the bike and fellow riders as well.Day 1 and i would say i'm quite pleased with my investment.

There is no need to service every months. 1st change of 4T and gear oil in 300km for new bike. 2nd change at 1000km. Subsquent change at evey 3000km. Belt change at first 1000 or 3000km. I think? I will go back and get my manual and scan and post it here. :smile:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Originally posted by cupnoodle@May 18 2004, 12:56 AM

thx for the detailed reply...juz got my bike out of the shop juz now.first time on a auto trans. bike kinda awkward but enjoyable ride nontheless.this is the first time i brought home a bike which my wife likes.she was grinning from ear to ear.the shop tells me to service the bike every month...kinda frequent or its normal.love the luggage space.any accessories in the market to personilize my bike??if u guys planning to meet up do count me in...wanna get to know the bike and fellow riders as well.Day 1 and i would say i'm quite pleased with my investment.

Your wife love it? My wife fall asleep on it! Every morning I ride her to work. She sometime sleep during the journey. I keep saying it dangerous if you falls asleep but she says your bike too comfortable liao. :cheeky:

Most of my friends whom didn't like to be pillon, now they often ask me to bring them here or there or meet them there and can send them home later. :smile:

"Made in Taiwan" Cheap or not?

How much you get for your 2nd hand joyride? :confused:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

yeah...very comfy.thats y she likes it.even my 3 yr old daughter previously won't come near my KRR150 now she digs the bike.anyway the bike cost me abt $2750 otr.more affordable than an X9 and more space.Its an FV plate registered end 2001.hope u have the manual cause i don't even know where the spark plug is..!!

Originally posted by cupnoodle@May 18 2004, 12:05 PM

yeah...very comfy.thats y she likes it.even my 3 yr old daughter previously won't come near my KRR150 now she digs the bike.anyway the bike cost me abt $2750 otr.more affordable than an X9 and more space.Its an FV plate registered end 2001.hope u have the manual cause i don't even know where the spark plug is..!!

Hi cupnoodle, first let me welcome you to our scooter family.:cheer:

Why not photo-copy the manual from gentoro:confused:

Now that there is one more Joyride to join gentoro.:smile:

Just for ur info, there will be a outing this Friday at Kallang KFC at 7pm. So join the rest and make friends. :cheer:

Originally posted by chua_chee_keong@May 18 2004, 08:14 PM

Hi cupnoodle, first let me welcome you to our scooter family.:cheer:

Why not photo-copy the manual from gentoro:confused:

Now that there is one more Joyride to join gentoro.:smile:

Just for ur info, there will be a outing this Friday at Kallang KFC at 7pm. So join the rest and make friends. :cheer:

thx cck for the warm welcome...feeling at home oredy.great idea,less hassle to photocopy.But cannot make it this friday...me working night shift that day.some other time maybe.:sorry:

r me and gentoro the only ppl on a joyride.kinda lonely isn't it.

Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum and is currently looking for a 2B auto scooter.

I'm quite interested in the SYM Joyride 200...having read all the reviews about this bike. However, as I'm low on budget, I'm hoping to get a 2nd hand bike.

Can anyone help me by telling me where shops or who can I contact to view a 2nd hand Joyride? Thanks a lot in advance 1st!

Riding Suzuki Epicuro 150 (UC 150)

Originally posted by destinyii@May 19 2004, 01:27 AM

However, as I'm low on budget, I'm hoping to get a 2nd hand bike.

how much? :confused:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Originally posted by destinyii@May 19 2004, 01:27 AM

Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum and is currently looking for a 2B auto scooter.

I'm quite interested in the SYM Joyride 200...having read all the reviews about this bike. However, as I'm low on budget, I'm hoping to get a 2nd hand bike.

Can anyone help me by telling me where shops or who can I contact to view a 2nd hand Joyride? Thanks a lot in advance 1st!

i actually kinda accidently found the bike.actually the only thing i was looking for was the price(money hard to come by nowadays) and storage space.was going to settle for the runner sp and then i stumbled upon this bike.maybe u can try Ban Hon(AMK) or CSTK at changi road.Ban Hon is the authorised distributor and CSTK was the ex-distributor.can juz try ur luck.