Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Varadero 1K


smicerboy
 Share

Recommended Posts

hi there....just join in as a user... any vara riders out there?????

 

been riding varadero1k for the past month and got a bit of problem that has been bothering....when stuck on t.jams too long and engine gets hot(level slightly more than half) bike tends to die off-oil pressure lights lighted. Started back after a while and its ok!!! Care to shoot any advise? not a experience rider....

 

Heard that theres a recall for vara1k(2002 model)...is there any???? mine 2002

 

finally would like to make some friends out there who could organise some bike touring trip:thumb:

Edited by sino74
updating

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Better sent your bike for a checkup...:sweat: My vara will heat up in a jam, abt half the temp meter and my fan will start to cool it down and maintain the temp. But mine did not die off like yours...:sian:

 

As for trip, you can always join those planned here in the forum. If you are looking for vara brothers (big or small), go to this thread:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....topic=39201&hl=

 

:smile:

To Be Old and Wise, One Have To Be Young and Stupid First...

 

Just Do Your Best... Life Will Do The Rest!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by smicerboy@May 29 2004, 12:00 PM

thanks.... me went to "kallang cycle" and the boss told me that its my fuel pump problem... do u think so???

could be...:sweat:

To Be Old and Wise, One Have To Be Young and Stupid First...

 

Just Do Your Best... Life Will Do The Rest!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hi smicerboy,

 

Yes, there was a recall on 2002 model in europe..but im not too sure here..the fuel pump is a known problem in vara..but im not too sure whether if what u described is the symptom of a spoilt fuel pump..i had believed the bike would die off and would require a few minutes of 'rest' before the bike could start again if the fuel pump was spoilt..mabbe u cld get a second mech's opinion? do let us know if it's a fuel pump prob..

 

Cheers

Kenny

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thks Kenny n Lucifer for yr advise....i was given a explanation of that the fuel pump came contact with water n heat always...thats why always problematic....

Trying to find out another mech advise oso...any gd motor thiam to recommend??

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by smicerboy@May 30 2004, 06:43 PM

Thks Kenny n Lucifer for yr advise....i was given a explanation of that the fuel pump came contact with water n heat always...thats why always problematic....

Trying to find out another mech advise oso...any gd motor thiam to recommend??

smicerboy,

 

I also riding the 1k vara. I changed my fuel pump a few months back, together with the battery and generator - which also seem to wear out quite fast on the vara. The bike runs much better after this, also my fuel last me longer - I can now make about 17km/l.

 

I am not servicing my vara at Sanfu, kakit bukit. They know big bikes there and don't give you a bad attitude like some other shops, it may be slightly more expensive on some parts though - but they do a good job. Especially the skinny, chain-smoking guy is very good.

 

Good luck to you!

 

btw - mine is also the 2002 model...

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hi bagahera,

did u change oem fuel pump or modified ones from mitsubishi? have consulted my mech on this b4..seems that oem fuel pump gives problems approx every 30k km..while the modified ones might cause increase in fuel consumption if some seals or parts in the engine is worn out as the modified ones are more powerful..

 

17km/L is very good! i can only get 16km/L..and i use petronas already!!keke...esso ld be ard 14 to 15km/L...

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thks Bagahera....

 

my batt and genarator still works fine for me......maybe the f.pump is starting to fall sick...will check out your bike shop some day...

 

btw...dun u noe how much is the fuel pump?? is oem(as mention by kenny)original?

didnt have time to open up e under grove to check....

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thks Bagahera....

 

my batt and genarator still works fine for me......maybe the f.pump is starting to fall sick...will check out your bike shop some day...

 

btw...dun u noe how much is the fuel pump?? is oem(as mention by kenny)original?

didnt have time to open up e under grove to check....

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kenny@May 31 2004, 11:09 AM

hi bagahera,

did u change oem fuel pump or modified ones from mitsubishi? have consulted my mech on this b4..seems that oem fuel pump gives problems approx every 30k km..while the modified ones might cause increase in fuel consumption if some seals or parts in the engine is worn out as the modified ones are more powerful..

 

17km/L is very good! i can only get 16km/L..and i use petronas already!!keke...esso ld be ard 14 to 15km/L...

Hi Kenny,

 

Eeeeh, when you ask me I also don't know what fuel pump I changed to, I would assume it is the OEM one (especially since my fuel consumption has gone down. Quite expensive though, just checked back and Sanfu charged me $140 for it. Will let you know if I start experiencing problems soon agian then, changed it after about 40k km, and have now past 50k km so I guess 30k will come soon. :cry:

 

I am v happy with the fuel consumption at 17km/l, used to be around 14km/l before my servicing at 40k km. I am pumping Mobil (same as Esso lah). Is Petronas supposed to last longer? How does it treat your engine though?

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by smicerboy@May 31 2004, 11:14 PM

Thks Bagahera....

 

my batt and genarator still works fine for me......maybe the f.pump is starting to fall sick...will check out your bike shop some day...

 

btw...dun u noe how much is the fuel pump?? is oem(as mention by kenny)original?

didnt have time to open up e under grove to check....

smicerboy,

 

The fuelpump was $140, should be OEM. If your bike gives you problems in the future keep monitoring the battery and rectifier, sounds like inherent problem with vara.

 

BTW, you heading over to the kruiserfest in M'sia on Saturday? Will probably be heading over, but will go myself.

 

Kenny, you were heading over right? Do you know of any timing for food etc? Sure don't wanna head over and miss it...

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's a high chance it's fuel pump dude. I did got that dumb problem too. Solved once i changed my fuel pump. Mileage abt 30+k km ..

 

Motorworld changed my pump, its less than $60.

dun have hard feelings with ur $ ,dun pay so much for original pump; original pump sucks.:smile:

VAR-A

Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

 

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Varas@Jun 3 2004, 08:17 PM

it's a high chance it's fuel pump dude. I did got that dumb problem too. Solved once i changed my fuel pump. Mileage abt 30+k km ..

 

Motorworld changed my pump, its less than $60.

dun have hard feelings with ur $ ,dun pay so much for original pump; original pump sucks.:smile:

varas>> yes, motoworld is selling cheaper..hahah..i think the original really sux if it's only supposed to last dat long..dun have a piece of mind when gg touring..i guess mine is gg to die soon..keke...

 

bagahera>> wow..17km/L is really good..petronas does give longer mileages for me..albeit only a little for my vara..when i was riding my version s..it gave me 30 -40km more than esso..

im gg down in the mornig to prepare the place..dinner will be served at 730pm after the sunset ride..there is a schedule for pple who are not sure of the way over at the cruisers corner....or u can call me at 97458360...hope to see more of u guys there!!!

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kenny@Jun 4 2004, 12:06 AM

varas>> yes, motoworld is selling cheaper..hahah..i think the original really sux if it's only supposed to last dat long..dun have a piece of mind when gg touring..i guess mine is gg to die soon..keke...

 

bagahera>> wow..17km/L is really good..petronas does give longer mileages for me..albeit only a little for my vara..when i was riding my version s..it gave me 30 -40km more than esso..

im gg down in the mornig to prepare the place..dinner will be served at 730pm after the sunset ride..there is a schedule for pple who are not sure of the way over at the cruisers corner....or u can call me at 97458360...hope to see more of u guys there!!!

ok, got ur number if i get lost or something...

 

seems like the timing is by 2.30 pm or by 5.30 pm - what is going on between 2.30 to 5.30 - bonding session?

 

see ya there!

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Varas....

 

surprise to hear frm u tat e fuel pump cost abt $60 at motorworld...may i noe wats e brand? very interested to have it change at motorwold since it cost lesser..(no offence to u Bangahera)...

 

 

thought of joining u guys for the feast,but im working nightshift on sat(im a shift worker)...will keep myself update on any oncoming events so hope to see u all soon...

 

cheers n happy riding trip to u guys...

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Varas@Jun 3 2004, 08:17 PM

it's a high chance it's fuel pump dude. I did got that dumb problem too. Solved once i changed my fuel pump. Mileage abt 30+k km ..

 

Motorworld changed my pump, its less than $60.

dun have hard feelings with ur $ ,dun pay so much for original pump; original pump sucks.:smile:

hi varas,

 

I think you tipped me about this one last time when I had my problem also, but had changed the pump already when I saw your mail about the price at motoworld. But I guess if the fuel consumption goes up like he says, I make back the diff in a few months... Anyway, thats how I comfort myself...

 

smicerboy, no problems - go with the motoworld one. I just have problems with motoworld as the mechs tend to ignore me - I guess communication problems since I don't speak mandarin.

 

b good...

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

its also Mitsubishi :sweat:

 

the original is also mitsubishi..hmmm and i heard tat its the same piece AT has ..hmmm hmmm

 

I dun think i have a problem in the fuel mileage part, still the same for me thou..I swear by petronas . Really gives good mileage, I done 17+km/l for highway travelling in sgp. Ave speed is 110km/h

As for town ride, its abt 15km/l

The mechanics there in motor world is like that lah.. seems like they r paying us more like we pay them hehehehehe gotta get use to it.

 

Guys we shd meet up or keep in contact often.

Like that we could be inform of the best deals & we could get good price thru mass order

:cheer:

 

my rear suspension is gone, guess its abt time.. (54k km on the odo liao )

it's time to look out for new replacement

so far the candidates r

ohlins, techno-flex

 

most prob its techno-flex. Ohlins is more like a branded stuff , thou it's good stuff too...

but techno is custom made to rider's,pillion weight..etc.So its suspension made for rider. Ohlin is not...

oh well its $$$ again :sweat:

VAR-A

Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

 

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Varas@Jun 5 2004, 09:22 AM

its also Mitsubishi :sweat:

 

the original is also mitsubishi..hmmm and i heard tat its the same piece AT has ..hmmm hmmm

 

I dun think i have a problem in the fuel mileage part, still the same for me thou..I swear by petronas . Really gives good mileage, I done 17+km/l for highway travelling in sgp. Ave speed is 110km/h

As for town ride, its abt 15km/l

The mechanics there in motor world is like that lah.. seems like they r paying us more like we pay them hehehehehe gotta get use to it.

 

Guys we shd meet up or keep in contact often.

Like that we could be inform of the best deals & we could get good price thru mass order

:cheer:

 

my rear suspension is gone, guess its abt time.. (54k km on the odo liao )

it's time to look out for new replacement

so far the candidates r

ohlins, techno-flex

 

most prob its techno-flex. Ohlins is more like a branded stuff , thou it's good stuff too...

but techno is custom made to rider's,pillion weight..etc.So its suspension made for rider. Ohlin is not...

oh well its $$$ again :sweat:

Sure varas, sounds like a great idea to keep in touch!

 

Just pumped petronas on sat night on the way back from the kruizerfest so will see how much mileage I can get out of it (even if this time I only managed to get in a bit more than half tank). Thanks for the tip guys, hope it will work better for me also...

 

BTW, how do you feel that the suspension gone? Is it like totally no dampening effect over your rear wheel? How much will the replacement run? My bike is at about 52k now, so about the same as yours.

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hmmm... mine's at 52k too...i do have a squeaky sound at the suspension..hope it's not the suspension man...

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

its just like horse riding, bounacy ride....

 

really freaky,also if u put the bike on its side stand, try to press it down, ideally the bike shd be allow to shift back once, nothing more..

 

if its shifting up, down ,up ,down;even with the max setting.. .. tats it, bye bye suspension..

 

maybe it's harder to describe in works but if there's a chance i would gladly show it to u pple ..

 

anyway any1 wanna get crashbar??

VAR-A

Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

 

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys.....

 

 

 

Change the fuel pump at Motorworld on Sat...they charge me $65 for it...the mech there still the same...problem...he forgot to fix up one of e screw back....sigh sigh..

monitoring my bike now..see if e problem blew up again...my petro consumtion

is abt 15.5l/km now...see if it could b better with the new pump...

 

 

btw still thanks to all the advise that u all give...

 

cheers...

 

maybe we can meet up one day 4 a drink....euro2004 is coming!!

V1KINGS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like a great idea, only problem is that all the games is in the wee hours to would have to be on the weekend then or something...

 

Going M'sia for a short one this weekend though.

 

Btw, where do you guys stay? I'm at Choa Chu Kang (Yew Tee side).

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like a great idea, only problem is that all the games is in the wee hours to would have to be on the weekend then or something...

 

Going M'sia for a short one this weekend though.

 

Btw, where do you guys stay? I'm at Choa Chu Kang (Yew Tee side).

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • DAIS_ShellBAU_2022_Motorcycle_SingaporeBikesBanner_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...