SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda PC800 (Pacific Coast)

exile_biker

Hi fellow bikers,

I know it is a rare bike, just bought one recently and haven't collected it, but read some pretty good reviews about it.

Is there anyone who owns one and still riding it? Care to share your experience and affection for it?

From what I know, it is a V-twin 800, doesn't have the macho image and power of the ST, low CG with it's low engine placement. Hugh truck at the back.. Some even refer it as a scooter.

Few things I do like : The cams are timing chain driven. Pillion hand rail are super long.

Cheers!

** Ex-Bikes :

Vespa Sprint V / PX150

Kawa EL250 , KLX250, KMX125

Suzuki TS185 / 200 / DR200 / 350 / 650

Honda S110, CB250T, C70 , XR200 / 600

Honda Magna 250 / 700 / 750

Honda Steed 400 Vs , PC800 Pacific Coast , Honda 99 CM125C

Honda 95 NX650 Dominator, Honda 96 VF750C Magna V4

** My Current Bike **

Honda 2001 Varadero XL1000V

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi exile_biker

I bought a '98 one just before you did in August. I didn't realize what I was missing back in 1997 when I first saw and tried it and decided on a CB750FII. The PC's a bloody excellent bike!!

I'm glad I was recommended by a buddy to search for one!

Let's touch base again. I'm on the ipcrc in yahoo too.

It's one of the world's mosts active dedicated to a single model bike community around (I think!) - especially for a retired model 13 years ago!

Cheers!

Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ... :shades:

Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89

Honda CB 750 FII '97

BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95

Honda CB 250 RS '88

Hi exile_biker

I bought a '98 one just before you did in August. I didn't realize what I was missing back in 1997 when I first saw and tried it and decided on a CB750FII. The PC's a bloody excellent bike!!

I'm glad I was recommended by a buddy to search for one!

Let's touch base again. I'm on the ipcrc in yahoo too.

It's one of the world's mosts active bike community around dedicated to a single model (I think!) - especially for a retired model 13 years ago!

Good to know another bloke on a pc800. I know of a Bernard, like us 'new' owners but lost his contact details. Hope to meet for kopi.

Cheers!

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Honda CB 750 FII '97

Honda CB 250 RS '88

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi See How

Hope you have your bike on the road now.

It's one of the best value underrated Hondas ever. If you're on yahoo groups, the Internet Pacific Cost Riders Club (IPCRC is a wonderful network. most friendly and helpful bunch. Probably the largest internet support community in the world for a single retired bike model.

BTW, I have an original windshield in about 5 or 6/10 condition for anyone who wants to change because yours is totally blurred up. Can let go at 10% of new price.

Cheers!

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Honda CB 750 FII '97

Honda CB 250 RS '88

Hi fellow bikers,

I know it is a rare bike, just bought one recently and haven't collected it, but read some pretty good reviews about it.

Is there anyone who owns one and still riding it? Care to share your experience and affection for it?

Hi Exile_rider

I've been riding the PC800 since August 2012. It's become my favorite bike. I see the bug that the fellow PCers have on the web. Hidden jewel of Honda. For practical motoring reasons, it's kind of even overtaken my Paris Dakar even. The only thing that holds me close to the Paris Dakar is the horizontal twin soul and the fact that I lived on her through deserts and adventure. So got I've got a mushy feeling for PDs. But the PC800?... it's an awesome daily ride. It's so practical that it's influenced the scooter design of today.

Love it! If you can find a good one, grab it!

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Honda CB 750 FII '97

Honda CB 250 RS '88

• 3 months later...

I'm happy to connect with any Pacific Coasters out there! Feel free to drop me a line!

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Honda CB 750 FII '97

Honda CB 250 RS '88

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I recently bought a PC a few months back and have been having some trouble with it. However, most of the mechanics I visited were not keen to properly look on the bike. I understand that it is a more tedious bike to service and repair, but I have grown quite attached to it over the last few months. Can anyone recommend a mechanic in Singapore who is familiar with the PC800 and would be willing to take a proper look at it?

Cheers!

NK

• 1 month later...

honda pc800, eh? wonderful bike, fond memories.

FH2062U.jpg

this (pic attached) was the first pacific coast to be brought into singapore. december 1989. imported for me by looi's motor, then at yishun industrial park?. scanned copy of a page of a local magazine (can't remember which one, too long ago).

hmm...wonder if it's still in circulation.

honda pc800, eh? wonderful bike, fond memories.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]264384[/ATTACH]

this (pic attached) was the first pacific coast to be brought into singapore. december 1989. imported for me by looi's motor, then at yishun industrial park?. scanned copy of a page of a local magazine (can't remember which one, too long ago).

hmm...wonder if it's still in circulation.

Wow... Just wow.

Sent from mobile device

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

Wow... Just wow.

Sent from mobile device

trust you were referring to the bike. lol.

a pity i had to sell it in 1993 as i had to leave for nz. actually stopped riding for 15 years, until i found a real cute piece (sachs madass 50). still takes a prominent place in my garage next to the bmw f800r.

Wow... Just wow.

Sent from mobile device

trust you were referring to the bike. lol.

a pity i had to sell it in 1993 as i had to leave for nz. actually stopped riding for 15 years, until i found a real cute piece (sachs madass 50). still takes a prominent place in my garage next to the bmw f800r.

So, Mr Sharir, you are back here? I guess should check under LTA using the plate number and see if the PC is still being used. I have a feeling not Is the pic u? i guess you like all 800 . pc 800 and beemer 800. probably next is yama 800 fazer , no??

So, Mr Sharir, you are back here? I guess should check under LTA using the plate number and see if the PC is still being used. I have a feeling not Is the pic u? i guess you like all 800 . pc 800 and beemer 800. probably next is yama 800 fazer , no??

hello there. nah. am still in auckland. visited the motherland last month and came across this website; i thought why not share something nice with fellow pc800 enthusiasts, eh. yup, that's me in the pic, 23 years younger, of course. thanks for checking its status. de-registered, huh? a pity indeed. great observation. ya: pc800, f650gs (800cc), f800r. i do have preference for 800cc wheels. light, nimble, and quick if i'm in a hurry. also, standing at 5'2", most bigger capacity bikes - except for cruisers - are too tall for me.

any good ones laying around waiting to unleash otr? pls share..

Saw 1 unit at è bikeshop juz b4 motoworld last mth, wonder if she's still there.

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

Wah . Mr Shahrir. Really a big bike makes even us middle sized guys look big. when I first started motorcycling at around that time I had bought the magazine showing the bike but not sure if it is the one highlighting you. i was also in love with PC at that time but because of money and licence. i put my feelings behind me. i only had my class 2 until 1994. but by that time, i was infactuated with cbr900, kawa 750 and 900 and suzi 1100. it was until 2005 that i bought deauville 650. dv650 has a similar engine . v-twin, shaft drive. but it lacks that feeling which i believed the pc had. i enjoyed dv650 so much that i got 2. the main reason that after a while the dv got annoying was when the side boxes open itselves while riding. dangerous sometimes. couldnt bear drilling holes to modify.

it was like 4 yrs ago i saw a pc with a very well modified rack to put the normal size box at the back. i nearly bought her.

anyway, just reminiscing and wondering if you are related to Hyder whose next name is Ariff. you can be his father if the pic is to be believed.

anyway , have fun in NZ and let me wonder how you can get up on BM 800 and ride off. or you got BM NZ to lower the height for you??

lol. i hope i don't have a long lost son somewhere. my wife won't be too pleased. anyway, definitely, no. am not related to Hyder. although it may be true that his dad is my age. mind you, at 58, i'm just a baby at the local ulysses club. most of my riding kakis are in their 60s and 70s.

i must say the deauville was my top choice when i decided to come back to motorcycling in 2008 (because they don't make the pc800 anymore). unfortunately, honda nz didn't import them. no demand, they said.

luckily a friend told me about bmw's newer models designed for smaller people. after some research, i bought an f650gs (baby brother of the f800gs - same 800cc motor but detuned). and yes, i got the factory low-suspension. and it came with the low seat too. kept it for 18 months before i traded it in for the f800r. this one came standard but i got the dealer to lower the suspension by 3/4-inch. then i bought a set of bar riser from mv motorrad of germany to raise and move back the handle bar abit. voila. i now have the perfect-fit motorcycle.

so, yes indeed, short people can ride some bmw motorrad models too, no problem.

It's really interesting to see a thread like this about the PC800. In fact I dun mind getting one as a second bike if can find one..never ridden one but love it when it was available as new. Remembered it cost SGD20k for a brand new one & I had no money then. Sad..

Another gd bike is the Diversion XJ900 too but storage wise..it loses out to the PC800. Both were reliable machines.

Cheers..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just bought the white one off bikemart and love it. Used to drive big engine BMW's but too expensive here.

Would any of you PC riders like to meet up for a drive and exchange of info/experience? I'm thinking of adding some stuff (clock, meters, radio maybe) so all help is welcome...

Cheers,

Erik

Hi all,

I just bought the white one off bikemart and love it. Used to drive big engine BMW's but too expensive here.

Would any of you PC riders like to meet up for a drive and exchange of info/experience? I'm thinking of adding some stuff (clock, meters, radio maybe) so all help is welcome...

Cheers,

Erik