SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gilera Runner - FAQ 2012

safety first

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ive been spending the cash each time the mechanics try to remedy to problem.. now finally it seems better but ill give it a few days more, otherwise ill go wash my carb. Im doing mine at Botak, macpherson road. Guess he's really helping me out but confusehaha actually got the problem fixed.. so ill take his advice.

I done my Full service at Machspeed too, (Y) Will be going there end of august. Anyone wanna join the party? LOL :)

@Confusehaha- Mine almost the same as yours. 19km/L. Fully stock too.

Like hell.. done my full service last week, still FC same problem. Wonder if Broquet does help? and advise? help me eh, pity me can? for one month and so. Wasting $ on Fuel. godd....

Oh btw, Did you guy tried using Different petrol? as in, 98caltex,Vpower,Spc95 ? any changesin FC?? i tired 98Caltex, still the same, current spc95. :)all time favourite.

mech told me try different petrol, and Route that i take. As in, HighWay & Minor road which have lots of traffic light. Maybe highway can reach 220km+, But road that filled with traffic lights, lightly to cost more FC ?? but i don think so, still FC is crazyyy. Lol

Edited by Ronn

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

-

Gilera VXR200

Spark T110

Drz SM400

I done my Full service at Machspeed too, (Y) Will be going there end of august. Anyone wanna join the party? LOL :)

@Confusehaha- Mine almost the same as yours. 19km/L. Fully stock too.

Like hell.. done my full service last week, still FC same problem. Wonder if Broquet does help? and advise? help me eh, pity me can? for one month and so. Wasting $ on Fuel. godd....

Dude looks like we're all having the same problem.

It could be a problem with your auto choke. Botak the mechanic did said it costs 190+ to change, and most mechanic dont fix it. However he did it for me for 25 bucks using a battery to charge it or sth.. and when i read up on a gilera manual turns out thats the right way to do it. Currently testing the petrol consumption to see if its helped.. seems like it does. Also he changed a air chamber connecting to the carbeurettor for me for 20 bucks; it had a big tear. Now im checking my consumption based on distance travelled each time i top up petrol - im assuming my petrol guage's not accurate it just jumps about. Anyway if you want to i can bring you to botak give your bike a check.

@dotdotdotzzz How much for a full service over there? I dont mind going with ya i stay in tampines too

Dude looks like we're all having the same problem.

It could be a problem with your auto choke. Botak the mechanic did said it costs 190+ to change, and most mechanic dont fix it. However he did it for me for 25 bucks using a battery to charge it or sth.. and when i read up on a gilera manual turns out thats the right way to do it. Currently testing the petrol consumption to see if its helped.. seems like it does. Also he changed a air chamber connecting to the carbeurettor for me for 20 bucks; it had a big tear. Now im checking my consumption based on distance travelled each time i top up petrol - im assuming my petrol guage's not accurate it just jumps about. Anyway if you want to i can bring you to botak give your bike a check.

@dotdotdotzzz How much for a full service over there? I dont mind going with ya i stay in tampines too

I see, sure bro! do text me @ 96618323.

Full service at machspeed 220$.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

-

Gilera VXR200

Spark T110

Drz SM400

I just topped up fuel at half tank today - 3.25 litres and i travelled 93.0km. That gives me almost 30km/l.. meaning its good now isnt it? Shall i try the method where i carry a bottle of petrol with me and run the bike till it dies to see the maximum distance it can go?

I just topped up fuel at half tank today - 3.25 litres and i travelled 93.0km. That gives me almost 30km/l.. meaning its good now isnt it? Shall i try the method where i carry a bottle of petrol with me and run the bike till it dies to see the maximum distance it can go?

Haha is alright man bro! Just probably calculate a couple of times, u will know what is the range of ur average fc:)

:cheer:

Glad to have u in my life : ) Always love one another!

yes for this gilera. see you guys soon man ! Botak for my FC problem ! then machspeed for hurricane air filter!! muahaaa

Edited by Ronn

-

Gilera VXR200

Spark T110

Drz SM400

how to fix the fuel meter?

bro i think you should let mech do this meter stuff, as wire is complicated :)

-

Gilera VXR200

Spark T110

Drz SM400

Aw... Where are those people make it 30km/L . damn this is sickening. directly whats de freaking problem, as mine i can feel 18KM/L - 19KM/L.. It's killing me man !

-

Gilera VXR200

Spark T110

Drz SM400

haha. so far best FC is shell 95 for me. i used to use 98 but abit no point i think.

Shell 98 - 240km (good FC but not very smooth)

shell 95 - 220-230km (Good FC but not very smooth)

Esso 95 - 180 Km (Smooth riding)

Caltax 95 - 200km (smooth riding)

So far i tried so many petrol. thats my bike FC history. haha. never tried spc cause its not very good as review from all my friend.

I have decided to use caltax 95 for my bike after testing so long. Got 11% discount for it also. but cant collect point =( overall i calculate its more money saving even thou no point to collect.

OCBC credit card allow u 11% and collect point also. But you need pay annul fee. which add into the petrol money = no 11% liao.

Ronn i added you in msn =)

Revon add me in msn too. =) [email protected]

I will be going around mid of this month to do my service and open pod.

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv280/dotdotdotzz/WG_SoHot-1.jpg

i just tried to stretch my bike's distance as far as i could on empty... decided to stop at 214.2 km and was happy abt it. but i topped up petrol turns out i'd used 9 litres.. which leaves my FC at 23.8 km/l. What's going on man...

Average if u are getting around 23 to 24km/l is ok.. Tat's a average range of a runner with open port on, after market pipes and some modification to the engine:) but if ur bike is fully in stock condition. U should able to get 27 to 30km/l.

Aw... Where are those people make it 30km/L . damn this is sickening. directly whats de freaking problem, as mine i can feel 18KM/L - 19KM/L.. It's killing me man !

Probably ur main jet is two big. Might be allowing more fuel to go in to ur carb.. Might need to switch to a smaller diameter one.

i calculated mine. average is around 27.5 km/l. when are you guys going to mach? let me know.

Not bad......

Yamaha SparkZ 110 (2004 to 2008)

Yamaha X1-R 135 (June 2008 to Feb 2009)

Gilera ST Runner 200 (Feb 2009 to I dun knw...:confused:)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123504&d=1252221095

Cinta takkan datang, kalau tak dicari ... Cinta takkan dapat, kalau tak memberi ...

i calculated mine. average is around 27.5 km/l. when are you guys going to mach? let me know.

21th(SAT) this month interested?

do text me @96618323 !

Anyway, Yours 27.5KM/L is cool. I think best is still give mech do the job. LOL maybe it's more on carb. damn suck it dry man my fuel. feel like selling off.

-

Gilera VXR200

Spark T110

Drz SM400