WR200 Mechanic

smileycoach

• Replies 25

cannot go more than 70km/hr nt necessarily overhaul mah if move or wat or piston 'crying' then overhaul. this one can b ur valve lah. just service ur valve then should b ok. dun waste $$ n overhaul, service valve just hw much only.....u can check also ur valve working or nt. :giddy:

Yamaha WR200 (SOLD), Honda Wave (SOLD), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Gilera '07 (SOLD), Yamaha X1 (SOLD), Yamaha RXZ135 (Share), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Honda Super 4 Spec 1 (Share), DRZ400SM

carb just clean with petrol can already.....make sure no dirt or wat inside. the power valve i mean. the one one the left side near ur radiator hose. to check power valve can open the casing then when u throttle u will see whether the valve is moving or nt. u want to service just go to bike shop n tell them u want to service valve. there are 2 types of servicing. one is the cheap one, which they just take out valve n clean it. cheaper n faster. another is where they take out the block n clean the block for u also. abit more ex but this means they clean both valve n block together so next time no need to clean block again. another prob y u can't go over 70km/hr could be ur pipe system, too much carbon which will cause the flow nt to b smooth n will get stucked at times. reed valves r like fins, when u open throttle, the valve will open to let air & petrol to go in. the reed valves can get damaged after prolonged use. so advisable to changed every 6-8mths :) just my 2cents. can pm me peace

Yamaha WR200 (SOLD), Honda Wave (SOLD), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Gilera '07 (SOLD), Yamaha X1 (SOLD), Yamaha RXZ135 (Share), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Honda Super 4 Spec 1 (Share), DRZ400SM

Hey dudes!

Thanks alot.

I went to Fastrax Motosport today,

and Mr Tan, who's EXTREMELY nice,

changed my belly (yes, now I know what it is!) to a PC belly,

and then loaned me a PC silencer while he clears up the inside of my stock silencer. He say there was a blockage in my silencer.

Gosh, my bike feels so powerful now,it's actually scary.At the traffic light, I accidentally did a wheelie and now my bike can hit 100km/h with no problem at all. So cool.. Haha.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING.

I'll change and service one part everymonth with each paycheck. Haha.

Cheers.

And what/how do I PM you?

Thanks again!!

Glad that you found a good mechanic. I also know of another good scram mechanic. Ah Hua at GHC yishun. Has not failed me yet.

Once I wasn't sure what was wrong with my wr200 too. He told me that my pipe is chocked too. I told him what assurance can he give me. He told me that if cleaning the pipe doesn't work, he will repair until my wr ok free-of-charge. Rocks man..

Mar 2001 - Jul 2001 DT200R

Jul 2001 - May 2004 WR200

Jun 2004 - Sep 2005 GS125

Sep 2005 - Aug 2006 Super4 Vtec II

Aug 2006 - Feb 2007 Bajaj Pulsar

Feb 2007 Super4 Vtec I

Originally posted by smileycoach@February 08, 2007 05:17 pm

some guy here told me to overhaul,

coz my bike cannot go faster than 70km/h.

he say he had the same problem,

after overhaul then okay already.

not neccessary is it?

lesson learnt, seek help from a trusted mech. ppl here are just giving you their point of views according to how u discribe ur problem, when u dun even know how to describe the problem.. :sweat:

I AM WATCHINGhttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/valente86/DSC00063RS.jpg

Originally posted by smileycoach@February 09, 2007 11:35 pm

Hey dudes!

Thanks alot.

I went to Fastrax Motosport today,

and Mr Tan, who's EXTREMELY nice,

changed my belly (yes, now I know what it is!) to a PC belly,

and then loaned me a PC silencer while he clears up the inside of my stock silencer. He say there was a blockage in my silencer.

Gosh, my bike feels so powerful now,it's actually scary.At the traffic light, I accidentally did a wheelie and now my bike can hit 100km/h with no problem at all. So cool.. Haha.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING.

I'll change and service one part everymonth with each paycheck. Haha.

Cheers.

And what/how do I PM you?

Thanks again!!

Wah... every month paycheck repair bike... heart not pain meh? My heart very pain everytime paycheck repair parts... LoL...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/lilshah/gilera-1.jpg

Originally posted by smileycoach@March 09, 2007 07:46 am

He sold me the PC belly for $170,

and then he cut open and repack my stock silencer for $60.

I don't know if that's overpriced though.

dats quite exx....for that price u can get a brand new one.

Originally posted by putera_idola@March 15, 2007 11:06 am

dats quite exx....for that price u can get a brand new one.

new 1???

pc belly 170???

really ar???

still got stock?:cheer:

DNA-180 (SOLD)

WR-200(SOLD)

KTM-200(SOLD)

X1-110(SOLD)

SYM/GTS-200(CURRENT)

X1R-135(CURRENT)(SOLD)

RS-125(CURRENT)

ST-200(CURRENT)

arnd that price i said u can get a new one nt exactly $170.

smileycoach, for rear suspension, service already cost a bomb arnd $200+ - $300+. a new one cost $750 at automachinery. try get a second hand arnd $200 mayb can get. look at http://www.slackriders.com