SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

WR200 Mechanic

smileycoach

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannot go more than 70km/hr nt necessarily overhaul mah if move or wat or piston 'crying' then overhaul. this one can b ur valve lah. just service ur valve then should b ok. dun waste $$ n overhaul, service valve just hw much only.....u can check also ur valve working or nt. :giddy:

Yamaha WR200 (SOLD), Honda Wave (SOLD), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Gilera '07 (SOLD), Yamaha X1 (SOLD), Yamaha RXZ135 (Share), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Honda Super 4 Spec 1 (Share), DRZ400SM

carb just clean with petrol can already.....make sure no dirt or wat inside. the power valve i mean. the one one the left side near ur radiator hose. to check power valve can open the casing then when u throttle u will see whether the valve is moving or nt. u want to service just go to bike shop n tell them u want to service valve. there are 2 types of servicing. one is the cheap one, which they just take out valve n clean it. cheaper n faster. another is where they take out the block n clean the block for u also. abit more ex but this means they clean both valve n block together so next time no need to clean block again. another prob y u can't go over 70km/hr could be ur pipe system, too much carbon which will cause the flow nt to b smooth n will get stucked at times. reed valves r like fins, when u open throttle, the valve will open to let air & petrol to go in. the reed valves can get damaged after prolonged use. so advisable to changed every 6-8mths :) just my 2cents. can pm me peace

Yamaha WR200 (SOLD), Honda Wave (SOLD), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Gilera '07 (SOLD), Yamaha X1 (SOLD), Yamaha RXZ135 (Share), Yamaha Spark135 (SOLD), Honda Super 4 Spec 1 (Share), DRZ400SM

Hey dudes!

Thanks alot.

I went to Fastrax Motosport today,

and Mr Tan, who's EXTREMELY nice,

changed my belly (yes, now I know what it is!) to a PC belly,

and then loaned me a PC silencer while he clears up the inside of my stock silencer. He say there was a blockage in my silencer.

Gosh, my bike feels so powerful now,it's actually scary.At the traffic light, I accidentally did a wheelie and now my bike can hit 100km/h with no problem at all. So cool.. Haha.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING.

I'll change and service one part everymonth with each paycheck. Haha.

Cheers.

And what/how do I PM you?

Thanks again!!

Glad that you found a good mechanic. I also know of another good scram mechanic. Ah Hua at GHC yishun. Has not failed me yet.

Once I wasn't sure what was wrong with my wr200 too. He told me that my pipe is chocked too. I told him what assurance can he give me. He told me that if cleaning the pipe doesn't work, he will repair until my wr ok free-of-charge. Rocks man..

Mar 2001 - Jul 2001 DT200R

Jul 2001 - May 2004 WR200

Jun 2004 - Sep 2005 GS125

Sep 2005 - Aug 2006 Super4 Vtec II

Aug 2006 - Feb 2007 Bajaj Pulsar

Feb 2007 Super4 Vtec I

Originally posted by smileycoach@February 08, 2007 05:17 pm

some guy here told me to overhaul,

coz my bike cannot go faster than 70km/h.

he say he had the same problem,

after overhaul then okay already.

not neccessary is it?

lesson learnt, seek help from a trusted mech. ppl here are just giving you their point of views according to how u discribe ur problem, when u dun even know how to describe the problem.. :sweat:

I AM WATCHINGhttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/valente86/DSC00063RS.jpg

Originally posted by smileycoach@February 09, 2007 11:35 pm

Hey dudes!

Thanks alot.

I went to Fastrax Motosport today,

and Mr Tan, who's EXTREMELY nice,

changed my belly (yes, now I know what it is!) to a PC belly,

and then loaned me a PC silencer while he clears up the inside of my stock silencer. He say there was a blockage in my silencer.

Gosh, my bike feels so powerful now,it's actually scary.At the traffic light, I accidentally did a wheelie and now my bike can hit 100km/h with no problem at all. So cool.. Haha.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING.

I'll change and service one part everymonth with each paycheck. Haha.

Cheers.

And what/how do I PM you?

Thanks again!!

Wah... every month paycheck repair bike... heart not pain meh? My heart very pain everytime paycheck repair parts... LoL...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/lilshah/gilera-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by smileycoach@March 09, 2007 07:46 am

He sold me the PC belly for $170,

and then he cut open and repack my stock silencer for $60.

I don't know if that's overpriced though.

Cheers!

dats quite exx....for that price u can get a brand new one.

Originally posted by putera_idola@March 15, 2007 11:06 am

dats quite exx....for that price u can get a brand new one.

new 1???

pc belly 170???

really ar???

still got stock?:cheer:

DNA-180 (SOLD)

WR-200(SOLD)

KTM-200(SOLD)

X1-110(SOLD)

SYM/GTS-200(CURRENT)

X1R-135(CURRENT)(SOLD)

RS-125(CURRENT)

ST-200(CURRENT)

arnd that price i said u can get a new one nt exactly $170.

smileycoach, for rear suspension, service already cost a bomb arnd $200+ - $300+. a new one cost $750 at automachinery. try get a second hand arnd $200 mayb can get. look at http://www.slackriders.com