• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

• Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Need opinion on Kia Cerato 1.6M or Proton Gen2 1.6M

Hi guys, need ur guys opinion on this 2 cars, Kia cerato 1.6M and proton gen2 1.6M.

Due to my newborn i am thinking of getting an Used affordable opc car for transportation. With my badget range i have narrowing to this 2 cars.

Need help on deciding on which car to buy. thinking of buying early end of the month or early next month.

What i am comparing,

1) Fuel Consumption.

2) Which car is more spacious.

3) And maintainence of the car.

Thank you in advance, your opinion is much appreaciated. :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, need ur guys opinion on this 2 cars, Kia cerato 1.6M and proton gen2 1.6M.

Due to my newborn i am thinking of getting an Used affordable opc car for transportation. With my badget range i have narrowing to this 2 cars.

Need help on deciding on which car to buy. thinking of buying early end of the month or early next month.

What i am comparing,

1) Fuel Consumption.

2) Which car is more spacious.

3) And maintainence of the car.

Thank you in advance, your opinion is much appreaciated. :)

1) Fc of both car shld go >12km/L on gentle/ trained R foot.

2) Cerato

3) bro, both cars also cheap cheap to maintain.

Impression of Gen2

- in term of looks, imho Gen2 is ugly.

- space is little & interior furnish & finish quality is low compare to Korean makes.

- have not driven any Gen2 so can't comment on drivability.

Impression of Cerato

- looks upto date & really sporty body kits

- space is relatively good, just a notch smaller then the Japanese make like Latio.

- Test driven once, not as sporty as the look suggest, just a decent 1.6L, cant expect much for the price.

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

The cerato HB looks sporty if done correctly.. Gen2 CMI.. Almost 90% of gen2 cars I saw on road all cheng up with stickers like race car.. And always thibk their car is almightyy..

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Maybe can also can consider CS3.. Price wise almost near ur budget also..

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Thank you soooo much all for the taking the time to reply me.. Really appreaciate it..

i'm very2 newbie if got to do with cars.. I love my haya bike ;) but yeaah but now having a newborn it be easier if have car to move around.. :)

Really appreaciate to all that reply here.. But if theres anyone else have opinion or is driving one of the mention car do post here ya.. Thank you...

I work in car line. U look at both car makers history for the past 10 years? Which company has steadily showed progress and starting to threaten the Germans and Japanese standing? Which car company started from Japan, became slightly independent, then went back to duplicate Japanese cars and rebadge as theirs in the neighboring land?

Think the answer is as clear as the sun. Why would anyone even consider driving a proton outside msia is beyond me..it's an obvious choice TS..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

• 2 weeks later...

U wanna try my KIA Cerato Forte 2.0M? Cos I'm selling it. Powerful engine, very responsive on the lightest touch...best for Singapore driving. I am also driving these car at the moment: an mitsubishi airtrek turbo, a Chevrolet Cruze and a Megane RS.

PM me :)

kia cerato la ..

no need to mod or zhng also look nice enough ,,

do not belittle korea cars..

onli drove the forte and avante , never had a chance for the proton ..

if its jus a travelling to and fro car. its way good enough

一路å‘北 4 EVER , my friend

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/wait4them/Food%20onli/Spgroup3.jpg

I my cousin owns a proton and what i can say is not really adviced to buy it. Not that i'm bias towards a cerato as i'm driving one now, but the build quality and design really is on the low side.. The kia really looks much nicer and the rear passenger space is much much more as compared to the proton.

~ Future Ride ~

CBR600rr :thumb:

~ Current Drive ~

Kia Cerato Forte SX 1.6 SJU

~ Previous Rides ~

1. Spark 135 FBA | 2. NSR 150 SP FS | 3. Yamaha x1 FY | 4. Honda s4 verS FP

As for me KIA Cerato is one solid car. Body frame is strong compare to Gen 2 n some other cars makers.. I did had an accident on TPE few years back. .hit a railling hard due fall asleep after medical medication..even my mech thought the car had to send for scrap..unluckly send it back to agent to do final checked n they said frame is good n body works have to change including the rims(all broken)...

as fuel comsuption is gd on manual n can hit 180...

Car bit heavy though..

current bikes: NSR 250 PGM4, HRC CBR 1k & SYM GTS200

Cars :KIA CERATO H/B(05-09)

Bikes:Ypvs 125(90-92),NSR PGM 2(92-93),MBX 125(93-94)

TZr250(94-95),GSXR 400sp(95-98),Aprilia Extrema(96-98), Fireblade 400(98-00),RXZ(98-00),RVF400(00-02), Dalim magma(00-02),RXZ(00-01) Krr150(00-03),R6(02-05),Wave(03-05),125z(03-05),RXZ(08),DRZ SM(06-08)VTR SP1(08-11)Phantom 200(08-10),Fz1s(11-13)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...