SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Spark Problems. Need Help!

VAN THOR

I riding fba Spark.

i using sp curb n rextor cdi.

my problem are..

- Y my bike have a repeat jerk after i hit 90 onwards? feel like riding a horse. is it my setting or others..??

-Y my front brake is not as good even after changing my pad. When mech. some say my break line leaking. other say my fork is broken. so which is true? repair is expensive.

- Y my engine is soo noisy.i think it either the piston or the rod making the sound. overhaul is recommend? then how much cost

- What is the best jetting for my sp curb? i using original now. i dont want to big. Just nice for me to be able to go fast sometime.

Help me with it.. i new in this thing. i dont want to be easily cheated by mech

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st, youre using standard block right and your using sp carb? Its quite big though..but its possible, just need to check your spark plug..if its black, your 'minyak' is too big..if its brownish, its ok..but since youre using the original jettings, the main jet is too big..im not so sure bout the size, but better to ask your trusted mech..

2nd, youre facing difficulties in your braking? Youve changed your brakepads, but do remember, once in afew months me need to check our brake reservoir..it may be still visible, but it may be dirty..bettrr to flush and change new brake fluid..once changed, still facing the same prob, check your brake port and brake line/brake hose..

3rd, engine noisy? How noisy is the noisy? Btw, whats bike your plate no. ? Try to change engine oil..ive been using the same engine oil eversince i 1st bought my bike..bought my oil filter at yamaha agent..spark plug just use the normal spark plug, NGK..do remember to clock your mileage, to do your normal services..once every 2 years, do go for full service..they'll eash your carb, block and etc...at the same time, they'll might know what are the wear and tear part need to be changed :)

I hope this might help abit :) btw bro, better to stay standard..just need a good pair of hands to set your standard carb for your standard block..can reach up to 150km/h..my friend installed sl can go the same speed. Hahahaha..standard better..unless your bike need to go for a major overhaul, thn you csn consider UP your block..slightly bigger..like fz150 block..theres 60mm onwards, but up to you :) tried 60mm, 62mm and 65mm, so far no major probs..just need good pair of hands to set..and very advanced servicing, engine oil, spark plug, oil filter..

thx for the detail bro.. btw i using fz 150 block. been thinking if changing stock curb but still find 2nd hand. So i letting it be 1st.

The engine noisy. it sound like the piston is heading on something.. not normal.sound.as.other spark.my plate is fba 90**. n full service where u recommend?check block all.

at 90km/hr and you're getting jerks.. sounds like clogged jets to me

your best best would be to wash the carb and nothing else.

i'm betting your carb jets are blocked.

go to any mech, dismantle carb and blow out jets

in layman's term, wash your carb! ;)

if the above fails then it could be due to an air leak

looking for drz parts, any parts will do!

Greetings

your engine noisy most likely is tensioner spoil. which is very common. it will produce a "dar dar dar" sound..

but if u throttle and after release u hear rattle sound.( like your bike choking a fishball) then is another major problem..

My advice is go to P**** motor check .. just pay abt under $100 to solve your engine problem. ( Dont happy happy check block cause it may cause you more.. bring your standard block just in case you need to down size)

Greetings

your engine noisy most likely is tensioner spoil. which is very common. it will produce a "dar dar dar" sound..

but if u throttle and after release u hear rattle sound.( like your bike choking a fishball) then is another major problem..

My advice is go to P**** motor check .. just pay abt under $100 to solve your engine problem. ( Dont happy happy check block cause it may cause you more.. bring your standard block just in case you need to down size)

Hey bro I have been riding my 2nd hand bike for atleast 3 mth. I have read this spark problem . It's seems that I have the same problm wth u all.. My engine sound jus like dar dar dar n when I throttle the choking sound so shitty sia. Don't like sia. Which shop better to do this sound thing n choking. I thought this must overhaul but bike still running okay . Only that dar dar sound n choke.. Help me guys thanks

2nd things: do you guys now where to change 2nd hand standard footrest with reasonable price? Jb or Sg?

Better To Be Safe Than Sorry

if engine problem.. they say in east side pasir ris spc is good. i trust him with my engine.. but haven been there lately becsuse bike no problem. n the price reasonable also..

about stock footrest u can try jb if u dare.. but sg is good enough.

Messy: i would suggest to bring your bike to nearest bike shop to check. Just request change of tensioner and clean carbarator. Bring $150... if you continue with riding with dar dar sound... prepare to push to bike shop for a downgrade to wave. (cause overhaul easily cause you $300++ and above). Pls dont bring L plate, best bring a friend that is experience in bike.

Gang thank you for the advice.. 1st of all yest I change my new pipe to yoshi.. So today come again to shop to clean cub.. After cleaning Wahhh bike 1st choking like **** sia.. Ask my mach to check again. So he decide to open up n check my engine Chain timing, tension n add new racing cdi.. Test it again... Fuuuuuuu damm syok sia!! Bike no more sound n fast sia!!! Thanks to my ANEH Mach!!! Problm solve!!

Been always doing my bike at Yishun worksho. I trust them

A lot that y I pay abit more . Jus to see my chain tension timing only 55. And I'm lucky that my chain tension not alligment togther.. Change to ... Racing CDI .. Set abit ny bike ready to go to 160km.. Test it just now from cte back to wld..