SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Why do bikes move off before traffic light turn green ah?

kzone

For me i feel that because i went out of my way to squeeze all the way to the front at every traffic light, it is my responsibility to move off without delay to avoid obstructing the cars behind me.

I dont actually move off before green. But i do stare at the light when i know its coming soon and ride off rather aggressively.

Edit: Also strongly agree with poster above me ^. Make your intention as obvious as possible so people know what you want to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me i feel that because i went out of my way to squeeze all the way to the front at every traffic light, it is my responsibility to move off without delay to avoid obstructing the cars behind me.

I dont actually move off before green. But i do stare at the light when i know its coming soon and ride off rather aggressively.

Edit: Also strongly agree with poster above me ^. Make your intention as obvious as possible so people know what you want to do.

Agreed. If I make the effort to squeeze to the front, I should move off quick but NOT before the light turns green.

Yamaha R1/R6 are fast because they zoom once the light turned green, until I had rode once, coz the engine is too hot.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

• 4 months later...