SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

U used for how many kilo liao and how's the condition of the rubber now.

like wat i quote i seldom ride...

so thats not in my mind so i din take note.

;)

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grip Vs Mileage

Mileage Vs Grip

If Mileage is your major concern, u lose some grip

If grip is your most concern, mileage is secondary

for GPR70SP, if mileage is your concern, my advise, dun buy it

I noe wat u trying to say. I juz want a guideline. :giddy:

http://powersports.honda.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/motorcycles/2005/CBR1000RR/LargeHoriz/CBR1000RR_large_03.jpg

ok i did a search for dunlop 208s...nobody got any comments on it... hmm i'm gonna have to replace my 010s so was thinking of trying out the d208ZRs... anybody try them out b4?? :sweat:

me hoping for erm... just more emphasis on decent grip over mileage... mileage would be helpful though...

hope to do a couple of long trips on this 208s oso... :?

any advise, experience to share?? Kindly appreciated!

:btw: any good in the wet??

;)

how much does a BT020 tyres cost and where is cheaper with balancing??

any kind soul can pls sms me at 93697741

PasSion for rIdinG burns as long as my soul lives...

RidEs

_____

Kymco Zinc150..Honda TA150..Suzuki Despardo400..Honda CB400 PB1..Yamaha Spark110..Suzuki V_Strom 1000k3..Yamaha Majesty Yp250..Suzuki DR650 SE..Honda Sonic125..Yamaha Fino'08..Honda CBF150'07..Honda Deauville 650..B-Bone125..

• 2 weeks later...

hiya dude, D208ZR are out of the list in terms of grip (for my standard).

if u like grip, try Pilot Sports, Diablo Corsa and BT012SS etc

Is it the best for TZM to replace using battalax tires? For best grip that suit s'pore weather.

Any recommendations for front and rear.

Memories of 1403 on 24/8/06

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2910/memoriesof1403tfkl2.jpg

Memories of Arai Helmets

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2710/helmetsdfbi0.jpg

Is it the best for TZM to replace using battalax tires? For best grip that suit s'pore weather.

Any recommendations for front and rear.

Bridgestone Battalax BT39 (SS or no SS) lose to Dunlops TT 900 GP (Made in Japan). But use matching front and rear tyres from the TT900 family for your TZM. :D

I got quote $110 for BT39SS 120/80-17 (just one rear tyre)! Is that too ex? The shop is a place with a cafe on second floor... :nono:

UPDATE: I changed it at LAB for $88. But cheap = must wait...

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

ok i did a search for dunlop 208s...nobody got any comments on it... hmm i'm gonna have to replace my 010s so was thinking of trying out the d208ZRs... anybody try them out b4?? :sweat:

me hoping for erm... just more emphasis on decent grip over mileage... mileage would be helpful though...

hope to do a couple of long trips on this 208s oso... :?

any advise, experience to share?? Kindly appreciated!

:btw: any good in the wet??

;)

the tire not bad le.... grip nto bad also... i just change it 4 abt 1 wk.... will keep u updated with the performance.......

wet road i am not veri sure la.... durin wet road i ride veri slow 1...... no balls to play

I got quote $110 for BT39SS 120/80-17 (just one rear tyre)! Is that too ex? The shop is a place with a cafe on second floor... :nono:

UPDATE: I changed it at LAB for $88. But cheap = must wait...

Yeap, too expensive. another 40 bucks more u can get a pair of rubbers.

IMO, if u don't want to wait @ LAB, go early in the morning.. best during weekdays. :D

Nike - Just do it!

Yeap, too expensive. another 40 bucks more u can get a pair of rubbers.

IMO, if u don't want to wait @ LAB, go early in the morning.. best during weekdays. :D

Yup. I actually reached the workshop, went to buy takeaway chicken rice at the nearby canteen, finished the rice, then the tyre was changed. So slow! But the queue was pretty long, I was quite lucky liao.

Anyway went to South Buona Vista road today and did a few rounds to run in my tyre. Road was dry and there was no sand or debris. The wax on my new tyre should be mostly gone by now. Can see the difference in texture between the used and unused (the very edge part - I never go down so low lah).

One thing I noticed, my bike now has worse reponse in top gear. It is quite difficult to pull from 5.5k up to 7k rpm even when I'm riding alone. Shifting down seems to be the only way to go around this, especially with pillion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone has 110/80-17 BT-039SS fitted on their rear tyres KRR/SP/TZM?

Went motorshop, boss told me BT-039SS doesn't have a 110/80-17 profile.

Asked me take the 110/70-17 profile. Orginal size for my bike(KRR150) is 110/80-17.

Anyone can advise me on the difference if i used a 110/70-17 instead of 110/70-17?

Nike - Just do it!

Originally posted by R3sistor@Feb 5 2004, 05:58 PM

Anyone has 110/80-17 BT-039SS fitted on their rear tyres KRR/SP/TZM?

Went motorshop, boss told me BT-039SS doesn't have a 110/80-17 profile.

Asked me take the 110/70-17 profile. Orginal size for my bike(KRR150) is 110/80-17.

Anyone can advise me on the difference if i used a 110/70-17 instead of 110/70-17?

If don't have 110/80, take 120/80 which is OEM size for SP. Don't ever take 110/70 because 90% they will give you a "front use only" tyre. And tyres are not labelled "front" and "rear" for fun.

Originally posted by rhema83@Feb 5 2004, 07:03 PM

If don't have 110/80, take 120/80 which is OEM size for SP. Don't ever take 110/70 because 90% they will give you a "front use only" tyre. And tyres are not labelled "front" and "rear" for fun.

Will take note of the labels for front and rear

Nike - Just do it!