SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Swap aftermarket exhaust back for stock exhaust

First time bike buyer here. I'm looking to buy a used FZ16 from a friend. He replaced the exhaust pipe with a legal Yoshi pipe, but I really hate the sound and find it a nuisance. So I'm planning to just put a stock exhaust pipe back after buying from him and sell off the Yoshi. I want to know

1. Where's good to find an original Yamaha pipe? Should I buy new from shop, or just go search Carousell for a dekit pipe? Is there any advantage of buying new pipe over used?

2. What document do I need to sell the Yoshi pipe? Is it just need the legal cert? Is that cert attached to a bike or attached to the exhaust alone?

Edited by kronosphere511

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/4/2023 at 11:26 PM, kronosphere511 said:

First time bike buyer here. I'm looking to buy a used FZ16 from a friend. He replaced the exhaust pipe with a legal Yoshi pipe, but I really hate the sound and find it a nuisance. So I'm planning to just put a stock exhaust pipe back after buying from him and sell off the Yoshi. I want to know

1. Where's good to find an original Yamaha pipe? Should I buy new from shop, or just go search Carousell for a dekit pipe? Is there any advantage of buying new pipe over used?

2. What document do I need to sell the Yoshi pipe? Is it just need the legal cert? Is that cert attached to a bike or attached to the exhaust alone?

1. Yamaha dealer - Hong Leong or AMS machinery. New = better 100% original no "mod", Carousell = cheaper, risk of mod but again, most people doesn't mod nowadays. No differences.. see your luck.. lucky all good, unlucky, exhaust mod.

2. Legal cert of the exhaust, and cannot see too expensive.. cuz the new owner need to go for new inspection at least $200 and half a day. might need to "transfer" with Yoshi for the name of the exhaust.. usually it's tied to the bike/plate number. (got one brand charge $300-500 for transfer) (Can't recall the exact price)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055