SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

hello. just wanted to ask on why my battery died after 2 days of not riding. i have rewired IU to ignition but died. The first time it died, i have recharged and works until now but it died and i needed to change battery. can the coil or rectifier be damaged?

unlikely its the coil or rectifier unless it dies while you're riding. 

If you get a dead battery after leaving it there for a couple of days, its usually a leakage problem. 

MT15 is known to have some bluetooth drainage issue. You might want to take a look at it at the shop. Some people just remove the whole item and its solve but you don't have bluetooth connection

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 4:37 PM, Siphon said:

unlikely its the coil or rectifier unless it dies while you're riding. 

If you get a dead battery after leaving it there for a couple of days, its usually a leakage problem. 

MT15 is known to have some bluetooth drainage issue. You might want to take a look at it at the shop. Some people just remove the whole item and its solve but you don't have bluetooth connection

i see. my battery just died again when i tried to start this morning. the day before i used it, it was fine but it was raining quite heavy during the evening to night.

not sure if it affects 

Unlikely it would affect... 1 day is way too fast to have a dead battery.

Have you check on the known issues yet? Else you're just where you are when you started asking the question. Need to start from the more common problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fuse. That allows electrical current to flow through and charge your battery while riding. Your battery is very likely not charging when riding. So you are basically riding with whatever power that is left inside the battery from the day you bought it. Give it a try by swapping the fuse. Most bike comes with a spare fuse. Once swapped, recharge your battery with whatever equipment you have or push start. Battery should start charging.

I had this issue, years back. Couldn't figure out why. New rectifier, new magnetic coil. Battery still died. Turns out it was the fuse all this time. Before figuring it out, only way to start my bike, was to push start.