SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Accidentally broke a car side mirror

I was lane splitting and I accidentally broke a taxi’s side mirror. We went to the left side of the road and he asked me to pay for the damages.

I transferred him the money and we both went our way. What should I do now? Should I have gotten him to sign the private settlement form? I’m worried if he decides to report me…

You're lucky you didn't pay him in cash. It's still a problem that you didn't get black and white from him that you paid $X as compensation for Y incident that happened on Z date and time. You'll have to pray he doesn't try to make a claim against your insurer.

He could still attempt to report the incident and make an insurance claim against you. The only thing you can hope and pray is that when your insurer contacts you, you submit proof of your bank statement that you paid to the driver's account (and that is his personal account) and that it is enough to show during arbitration that you indeed pay a settlement.

Not much you can do about it now mate, unless you got more proof like a video recording of you and him verbally agreeing on a helmet or bike camera.

• Like 1

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

1 minute ago, reize said:

You're lucky you didn't pay him in cash. It's still a problem that you didn't get black and white from him that you paid $X as compensation for Y incident that happened on Z date and time. You'll have to pray he doesn't try to make a claim against your insurer.

He could still attempt to report the incident and make an insurance claim against you. The only thing you can hope and pray is that when your insurer contacts you, you submit proof of your bank statement that you paid to the driver's account (and that is his personal account) and that it is enough to show during arbitration that you indeed pay a settlement.

Not much you can do about it now mate, unless you got more proof like a video recording of you and him verbally agreeing on a helmet or bike camera.

I have his number since I transferred the money through PayNow. Should I contact him and get him to sign the agreement?

3 minutes ago, SaintHalens said:

I have his number since I transferred the money through PayNow. Should I contact him and get him to sign the agreement?

To be honest since you got his number for PayNow, WhatsApp him with the context of the accident, say "Hello [Driver Name]. Do you remember that accident between your Taxi [Plate Number] and my Bike [Plate Number], where your mirror got damaged on [Date] and I paid you [$X] as settlement? Did you receive it properly, and you're all okay with the situation now right?"

As long as he acknowledges the incident happened, he received a settlement, and that he is okay (implying he agreed to a settlement) in a text, it should serve as more than enough evidence that a verbal contract was made.

The question is if whether this guy has morals or not, and if not, whether he is stupid enough to fall for it.

• Like 1

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

9 minutes ago, reize said:

To be honest since you got his number for PayNow, WhatsApp him with the context of the accident, say "Hello [Driver Name]. Do you remember that accident between your Taxi [Plate Number] and my Bike [Plate Number], where your mirror got damaged on [Date] and I paid you [$X] as settlement? Did you receive it properly, and you're all okay with the situation now right?"

As long as he acknowledges the incident happened, he received a settlement, and that he is okay (implying he agreed to a settlement) in a text, it should serve as more than enough evidence that a verbal contract was made.

The question is if whether this guy has morals or not, and if not, whether he is stupid enough to fall for it.

Alright will do! Thanks for the advice bro!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, reize said:

By the way, do I inform my insurance company about this also?

Edited by SaintHalens

4 hours ago, SaintHalens said:

By the way, do I inform my insurance company about this also?

Yea, you should.