SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KTM Adventure 1190

Paikia44

Thanks for the quick update motomuppet. Since you've dropped your bike, based on your experience, do you think an upper crashbar like the one below is necessary.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2014-ktm-1190-adventure-touratech-essential-accessories-3.jpg

I think it depends. The stock crash bars did a great job protecting the bike on flat dirt (and it was a super slow...like almost standing still tip over), but if there had been rocks then the added protection of the bigger bars would help. If you plan on doing a lot of technical off road then yeah, go the full on roll cage approach. I figure I like my bike as light as possible and dont plan on doing hard core trails on the 1190 (I have a 250XC for that!) so the standard crash bars will hopefully suffice. I think the bash plate is a good idea though with the pipe exposed as it is.

On another note: I discovered that if you turn off traction control (in sport mode) and use a little clutch with a fistful of throttle at 90kmph the front wheel comes waaaaaaay off the ground...like if you are not careful it will flip you off the back...in third...at 90kmph :)

Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys,

I have made a CNC Aluminum ERP Bracket for my bike.

Lighter, Compact and Simple. I have made 5 extra. Fit in between the handle bar clamps right at the centre.

Comes with thick rubber washer and screws.

Fit perfectly for the following bike below with 28mm fat bar.

• KTM 1190 Adventure

• Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere.

• Triumph Tiger 800XC

• BMW F800GS

• Yamaha XT660Z Tenere (22mm bar.1 unit only.)

$100. Cash & Carry. No installation.

Interested SMS: 9176 8546

Thank You... Ride Safe... and Happy New Year! :)

ERP-CNC-.jpg

ERC-CNC-2.jpg

ERP-CNC-3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guys, anyone can compare e 1190 to e SMT? I'm still contemplating which one should i grab..

These are 2 very different bike in nature. One is a (large) Supermoto and the other is an all-rounder tourer. I guess price difference is not significant. You should be asking yourself what type of ride are you into: long distance, off-road, daily riding, etc.

On a different note, I never believe in the "right" or "wrong" bike to get. At the end of the day, it all boils down to your gut feel. Go and have a try on both bikes, and see which one "connects" to you more. Kinda like choosing a girlfriend. :)

These are 2 very different bike in nature. One is a (large) Supermoto and the other is an all-rounder tourer. I guess price difference is not significant. You should be asking yourself what type of ride are you into: long distance, off-road, daily riding, etc.

On a different note, I never believe in the "right" or "wrong" bike to get. At the end of the day, it all boils down to your gut feel. Go and have a try on both bikes, and see which one "connects" to you more. Kinda like choosing a girlfriend. :)

Thanx for e feedback bro. For my case it's more to daily riding from home to workplace to n fro. Dirtwheel has their last piece SMT to let go. I guess no more production for this year onwards. But minus point is e lack of fuel gauge. Whereas e Adv 1190 orange colour caught my attention, but they are selling their demo grey bike too. Still thinking though..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I would prefer the 2014 1190 adv over the 990 SMT.

1. Updated engine. More power more torque.

2. Bigger fuel tank. More efficient longer range.

3. More touring accessories options.

4. Better resale value(imo).

But I like the SMT look better. YMMV

Hmm. I too think e SMT looks better. Now got 3 choices.

1) SMT

2) Adv 1190 grey demo bike

3) Adv 1190 2014 model new bikehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/25/hesy2ysa.jpg

Hi Guys, I made the mistake (poisoned!) of test riding the 1190 at DW and have now put down a depost for a 2014 Adv R, which should arrive end December. $36k otr, with a few sexy bits thrown in. Have had several KTM's before, and have a 2011 250XC currently for trail duties. Have become a huge fan of KTM bikes over the years.

Just wondering if the stalling issue has been identified and sorted? I saw on advrider.com that some bikes had fuel venting issues which could have something to do with the stalling?

Hi, may i know if e price is 36k flat otr? N what r e few sexy bits being thrown in? Is it buy direct from DW better?

hi guys, just wanna have overview on this orange beast, how's the maintenance like? are the parts readily available? do most shops repair this bike when it breaks down etc.? whats the fuel consumption? Thanks!

I tried hard to have a father but instead i got a dad.

hi guys, just wanna have overview on this orange beast, how's the maintenance like? are the parts readily available? do most shops repair this bike when it breaks down etc.? whats the fuel consumption? Thanks!

Hi starkyy, your above questions are pretty subjective and relative, so it's hard to provide a clean cut reply. I can't comment too much in terms of maintenance cost, as I'm just into my 4000KM on this bike. Perhaps other bro can advise. Regarding parts availability, it all depend on what parts are you talking about. DW do keep some common spare parts. You cannot expect parts to be easily accessible like Japanese bikes. Similarly, if you ask about repair, it also depend on what breaks down. If it's common bike issues like tyres, battery, fuses, brakes, etc, most workshops would be able to manage. However, any problem that are too complex, particularly electronics, you would have to go back to the official dealer (Dirt Wheel).

Fuel efficiency is superb for a 1200cc bike. I can achieve above 21KM/L on SG highway, probably around 17-18KM/L for city riding.

Hi starkyy, your above questions are pretty subjective and relative, so it's hard to provide a clean cut reply. I can't comment too much in terms of maintenance cost, as I'm just into my 4000KM on this bike. Perhaps other bro can advise. Regarding parts availability, it all depend on what parts are you talking about. DW do keep some common spare parts. You cannot expect parts to be easily accessible like Japanese bikes. Similarly, if you ask about repair, it also depend on what breaks down. If it's common bike issues like tyres, battery, fuses, brakes, etc, most workshops would be able to manage. However, any problem that are too complex, particularly electronics, you would have to go back to the official dealer (Dirt Wheel).

Fuel efficiency is superb for a 1200cc bike. I can achieve above 21KM/L on SG highway, probably around 17-18KM/L for city riding.

hi journey, u have answered most of my queries. in terms of maintenance, is the oil change interval short eg. 3000km or longer? and any aftermarket streetlegal exhaust?

hi journey, u have answered most of my queries. in terms of maintenance, is the oil change interval short eg. 3000km or longer? and any aftermarket streetlegal exhaust?

Haven't research much on aftermarket exhaust, and is happy with this exhaust. Check out this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=902006. You may get more info there. Streetlegal or not, you may wanna do your own Googling

For a new 1190, oil change interval is recommended at every 15,000km, except for the 1st 1000km (run-in phase). Some riders experience the need to top up once or twice in the first 10,000km. I'm into my 4000km and the oil level still pretty healthy.

Haven't research much on aftermarket exhaust, and is happy with this exhaust. Check out this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=902006. You may get more info there. Streetlegal or not, you may wanna do your own Googling

For a new 1190, oil change interval is recommended at every 15,000km, except for the 1st 1000km (run-in phase). Some riders experience the need to top up once or twice in the first 10,000km. I'm into my 4000km and the oil level still pretty healthy.

woah, that's a long interval. nice. thanks again journey for your inputs. actually, still researching on this orange beast. thinking which one to get after i get my class 2, between super tenere or ktm 1190 adventure although there are other obvious differences between these two.

Guys.. need ur opinion. Which is e best shop apart from DW to get an Adv 1190? Dont wish to kana ketok..

Many ppl prefer to go DW cos they are the agent. And Ong is quite good and accommodating. Just need to talk to him and he might be able to give some perks. Of course as a the agent they will charge a premium and for PIs their prices must be lower to attract. So you have to decide.

Go to both DW and PI and ask... then compare yourself. I know Looi's has the ktm 1190 which is selling for different prices as DW.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

Many ppl prefer to go DW cos they are the agent. And Ong is quite good and accommodating. Just need to talk to him and he might be able to give some perks. Of course as a the agent they will charge a premium and for PIs their prices must be lower to attract. So you have to decide.

Go to both DW and PI and ask... then compare yourself. I know Looi's has the ktm 1190 which is selling for different prices as DW.

Any recommendation for DW's authorided dealer? eg S1, M1, Albert, DeXing, Speedway. Coz they take e bike from DW.

Any recommendation for DW's authorided dealer? eg S1, M1, Albert, DeXing, Speedway. Coz they take e bike from DW.

S1 and M1 are actually same shop. And frankly.... If I can get my apple from the tree, why go all the way to the supermarket? Unless I have passion card lah... hahahaha....

I will go DW cos I know them... and I will pay a higher price for piece of mind.

Imptly is to Read the fine prints on the contract. Early penalties can be a killer. Some shops have different interpretation for OTR price too.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

S1 and M1 are actually same shop. And frankly.... If I can get my apple from the tree, why go all the way to the supermarket? Unless I have passion card lah... hahahaha....

I will go DW cos I know them... and I will pay a higher price for piece of mind.

Imptly is to Read the fine prints on the contract. Early penalties can be a killer. Some shops have different interpretation for OTR price too.

Thank u for e advice..