SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KTM Adventure 1190

Paikia44

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading good reviews of this bike. I would really like to hear from current riders on the negative aspects of this bike after riding it for a while (though I'm aware there aren't a lot out there in our country yet). Any dislikes so far, or minor technical flaws that you've realised? Have read on AdvRider regarding heat issues and air box pre filter recall.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello 1190 owners!

I'm a very keen and excited individual who has fallen in love with this gorgeous beauty. i'm a noob in this adventure bikes but really keen in this 1190s. But before I can commit to have "a second wife", how's the maintenance like for the bike so far? I read abt the bike that it uses 2 spark system. Does it mean it uses 2 spark plugs for each block for the v-twin? ABS - is there a servicing for the ABS?wats the frequency like?

Anyone here used it as a main transportation? I know most riders will have a 2nd bike but i'm likely to use it often as a means of transportation to work and also up North. Maybe try a bit of trail if can. :cheeky: Does DW have parts in store or gotta wait for parts?

theres 1001 questions i wld like to ask but then brain kinda jam already. Hope you guys can assist! Thank you in advance!

Rgds,

GlobalnoobInAdeventureBikes

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/globalvtec/5460f210-1188-4a34-87ea-a334058d3d72.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/globalvtec/aa2264a9-8aa5-449f-8ea4-c8a2aaa56056.jpg

Hello 1190 owners!

I'm a very keen and excited individual who has fallen in love with this gorgeous beauty. i'm a noob in this adventure bikes but really keen in this 1190s. But before I can commit to have "a second wife", how's the maintenance like for the bike so far? I read abt the bike that it uses 2 spark system. Does it mean it uses 2 spark plugs for each block for the v-twin? ABS - is there a servicing for the ABS?wats the frequency like?

Anyone here used it as a main transportation? I know most riders will have a 2nd bike but i'm likely to use it often as a means of transportation to work and also up North. Maybe try a bit of trail if can. :cheeky: Does DW have parts in store or gotta wait for parts?

theres 1001 questions i wld like to ask but then brain kinda jam already. Hope you guys can assist! Thank you in advance!

Rgds,

GlobalnoobInAdeventureBikes

Hi GlobalnoobInAdeventureBikes,

I'm not a 1190 owner, but also keen to own one. I'm doing some of my research on this bike, thus can offer you some answers to your questions. I'll leave the maintenance and DW aspects to the owners.

Yes, each blocks have 2 spark plugs of different size, i.e. the entire engine has 4 spark plugs. The sparking are electronically controlled to deliver optimal performance (i.e. to provide correct sparking condition that the combustion requires). Due to this, the engine is also more fuel efficient.

I don't think ABS requires any servicing. I've owned a motorcycle and a cars with ABS which I do almost nothing to them. It's a sensor-based electronic braking system.

Ok, 1190 owners, over to you. Again, I'm still very curious about other -ve aspects of this bike.

I've test rode the bike. I suggest you go down to DW to test ride it too.

Edited by journey

Hey Journey,

Thanks for taking your time to get reply. Really appreciate it. I don't think test riding it will be a good idea..for now~hahahaha...need to get my head straight before jumping on the beast. Hopefully to own one soon and gather with the ORange peeps~ :cheeky:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/globalvtec/5460f210-1188-4a34-87ea-a334058d3d72.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/globalvtec/aa2264a9-8aa5-449f-8ea4-c8a2aaa56056.jpg

Hey Journey,

Thanks for taking your time to get reply. Really appreciate it. I don't think test riding it will be a good idea..for now~hahahaha...need to get my head straight before jumping on the beast. Hopefully to own one soon and gather with the ORange peeps~ :cheeky:

Ha ha... You are probably right. :) I test rode it a few weeks back, and I couldn't get it off my head. I ordered and collected the last KTM 1190 Adv from DW last week (their next shipment should come in end of this month). DW said this machine is selling really well. I guess the reasons are pretty obvious. I'll post my brief opinion of the -ve aspects of the bike soon.

Hi KTM folks, any suggestion of sources where I can get cheaper accessories (Luggage and protection). I know M-Technik and BikeTech21. I'm exploring online shops, anyone have experience and good recommendation. Many thanks in advance.

Hi, has anybody's ktm 1190 been having stalling issues? Or read about it somewhere? Issues being engine stall during warming up or stalling halfway on the highway? Or is this normal?

Mine stalled today while I clutched in and glide on free gear for awhile along PIE. I told Ong. He explained that new engines are a little tighter and have tendency of stalling during idling. I'm gonna monitor and see if it happens again. Hopefully, like what Ong said, it'll go away after the bike fully run in.

This forum point to another cause of this issue, and seems like it's easily fixed. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22124497. Are you having a persistent stalling? What is your mileage so far?

Yes. It happens to be again this morning (2nd time). Along PIE, stalled when clutch-in for say 1-3 sec, and it's after travelling for about 30km, so should be sufficiently warmed up. I'm gonna monitor further, and if happen again, I'll talk to DW.

Any other 1190 folks here who have the same problem? Please advise.

Hi Guys, I made the mistake (poisoned!) of test riding the 1190 at DW and have now put down a depost for a 2014 Adv R, which should arrive end December. $36k otr, with a few sexy bits thrown in. Have had several KTM's before, and have a 2011 250XC currently for trail duties. Have become a huge fan of KTM bikes over the years.

Just wondering if the stalling issue has been identified and sorted? I saw on advrider.com that some bikes had fuel venting issues which could have something to do with the stalling?

Sorry guys, would like to get some clarification on the maintenance.

I know it said service interval at 15k km.... the servicing is referring to normal engine oil change or major servicing like valve clearance that sort of servicing? can anyone share what's the servicing for this bike like?

肥仔七åƒå·

Sorry guys, would like to get some clarification on the maintenance.

I know it said service interval at 15k km.... the servicing is referring to normal engine oil change or major servicing like valve clearance that sort of servicing? can anyone share what's the servicing for this bike like?

There's a matrix to follow. Just send it in to DW.