SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Any motocross tracks in Singapore?!?

Anyone know of ANY motocross or supercross tracks to go practice on in or around Singapore?

I just found out that I'm moving to Singapore and hope someone can point me to a decent dirt track.

thanks for any and all help

K

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a warm welcome to singapore......its sad but at this point of time, there isn't a legalised motocross or supercross track IN SINGAPORE.....there are numerous talks and rumours around the community since last year about setting up a dirt track locally but til now nothing had materialize....

But fear not, just 30-60 minutes ride away from where anywhere you staying in Singapore, you can just ride across the border to Johor, Malaysia and there are a few nice track around like BKMX or Angsana....these track had a few jumps including doubles and triples which are not the best in Malaysia but nevertheless good enough for most as I'm not sure about which class you ride or compete in at your home town......but so far, they had satisfy most singaporean riders whom had wanna ride MX and not travelling too far out of Singsapore.

For a quick fix, there are a few non legalise trail/enduro track in singapore....you might wanna PM me or other riders ard here if your in Singapore and itch for some local trail ride...or just check over at another dirt biker forum in slackriders for info too

thanks!!!

I'm moving later this year from L.A.(so Cali. USA) and was hoping there's at least a little something to ride in Singapore. What needs to happen for the city/community to build a track? By the looks of this board it seems that there's enough riders there to get a track going.

I'll definatly PM you when I get there so I can get some directions and info on the tracks outside Singapore and some of those illegal trails(sounds good enough for me).

thx again

well, land is expensive in Singapore cos we are running out of it even after all those reclamation.....there's already proposed location to setup a track..its just the cost of running the track(lease, track maintenance etc) thats turning some of the people off from putting up a good proposal to the authority....there are attempts over the last 1-2 yrs to lower the lease or get some subsidy from sports council etc but nothing much changed so far and we can just try our best to support the club and be active inorder to keep it alive

Since you are from LA, you might wanna consider getting your gears and bike stuff/accessories over since majority of the bike shop here are importing them from USA/Japan....this will help save u some $$$ as most stuff are cheaper over your side.

Lastly, maybe you might wanna consider what bike you planning to get in Singapore...not alot of models available compared to the place you come from...MX/SX bikes are not able to be ridden on the road even thou they have lightings...so you might wanna consider getting a truck/van for that...most enduro bikes are legalised here with KTM being the more popular models around...and the DRZ..which you can still get new..rest are pretty much older enduro bikes like XR4, WR400F, KLX250, RMX250 etc....you are not spoilt with choices here so you might wanna start to do some research.....:goodluck:

I would have guessed that most of the motorcycle dealerships in Singapore would have a huge interest in maintaining a track, since that would drive up thier sales!

It's also funny that you mentioned that I should bring my gear with me, since most of my gear comes from china or asia. Oh well, once I make the move, let me know if you or any of your friends need anything, i can just throw it in the C-container with the rest of my crap(save you some shipping $)

As far as getting a bike thier, I plan on bringing my own from the states. I'm hoping there's no import laws that would prevent me from bringing any. If so, maybe you can shed some light on that subject for me. Or maybe you know, how many I'm abale to import(personal of course, not for selling)

thanks again, and I'll be sure to keep in touch with you and this board as the time nears.

K

I'm not so sure about importing bikes legally thou I heard before ppl ever stripped the bike apart and bring in separately as spare parts......maybe a check with the embassy over your end would be safer before you decide so as not to break any laws in Singapore by not declaring what you imported.

If bringing in whole bike, most likely is taxable.....you might wanna check out another forum (http://www.mssc.org.sg) whom are the local registered club in Singapore for dirt riders or (http://www.slackriders.com) where is another board like this with more riders and experienced guys whom might be able to help you out on bike import....I've seen expats working here but bringing their bikes from australia etc so I'm sure that can be done.

From my search in website like mxsouth or thumpertalk or ebay etc, seems like jerseys, pants and helmets (Thor, Fox, TLD etc) are relatively cheaper compared to what we can get from local retailers....we do have a few entreprenuer few whom import some items themselve and sell off locally here but not knowing your size, you might not get what fits you here by the local entreprenuers as they target local riders mainly.

Wish you all the best and have fun packing!

hey dude u can even make money by bringin over riding gears from ur hometown. sell it off to the locals here for a pretty decent price-decently cheaper than wat our local shops here can offer. eg. troy lee,fox,thor,no fear ?? hohoho!