SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Maintain Speed with a pillon as same RPM

silverwing73

Hi

Just wanna find out whether if we are riding with a pillon travelling at 5K RPM; would that actually fuel ecomical as compared going at higher RPM say 6K RPM or it is actually consuming more petrol instead reving at 5K RPM to carry the pillon?

I know that with pillon, more petrol is needed to push the bike but to maintain it constant around 5 - 5.5K RPm, would that consume even more ?

Just really curious.

22 August 2005 - August 2006 - Phantom TA 200

August 2006 - April 25 2007 - X9- Almafi

May 2007 - Feb 2008 - S4 Spec III

Feb 2008 - Dec 2012 - Silverwing Euro 400 (longest ride)

July 2009 - Oct 2012 OPC - Sold

Dec 2012 - Jun 2013- paggio x10

Jun 2013 -?????? - Silverwing SW-T400 ABS (Euro ver)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/flamingangelz/th_DSC00702.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the consumption should be the same or a bit less. It is only during moving do you have press more petrol. Once reach Terminal Velocity should be OK. It will take longer time to reach your target speed. This also depends on who you are hauling. Shape and size do play an important part. But should be almost same consumption if you ride alone.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

think it shd be straight forward..once got pillion sure FC go up..e energy needed to carry e extra load must come from somewhere...

but i agree with IvikaRazI..once reach high speed, bike feels " lighter"..so u might feel that you are not using too much petrol...feel only,true or not, im not too sure...

2005-2006 : Yamaha RXZ 135

2006-2010 : Honda Super 4 Spec I

2010-2012 : Honda VFR 800 5th Gen

2012-current : SYM MaxSym 400i

X9hopeful, put it simply is this. the faster the acceleration, the more petrol burned. The heavier the load, all the more petrol burned. Example: The faster you run 100m, the more energy burned. If you carry a heavy bag and run the same timing, you'll burn even more energy, right? Simple physics.

Force downwards = 9.81 X Mass(kg). The greater the force, the more energy needed.

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK