SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim Daystar 125

nage

i'm riding a magma for e past week+, experienced e same problem u did.. but i think i've been experiencing it quite often.. gonna hafta bring it down to check it out soon.. anw, wad u can do is try to slightly release e clutch, but not so much dat it'll stall.. den u'll hear e gear suddenly 'drop'.. not a nice sound i muz say, but dats how it is.. haiz.. i shld be bringing my bike down for a check soon.. haha

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nage@Oct 19 2005, 04:39 AM

Hi all,

It has been about 2 weeks since i had my bike..so far so good. except the speed.(top speed only 90km/h..even then had a hard time reaching that speed)...until the last few days..

I was going to stop at the traffic light but for some reason,i could not kick to gear 1 no matter how hard i try..i tried to move off using gear 2 but the move off was damn slow and it stalled..damn paiseh as cars are horning at me..luckily..there was a petrol station bout 30m..so i push my bike there.

There..i spend about 30 mins trying to figure out what's wrong(i have absolutely no mechanical knowledge)..i off and on the bike..check fuel..check engine oil..check chain..depressing the brakes while trying to kick the gear..kick n kick..finally it went to gear 1.

However now..each time i change the gear..there would always be a jerking motion..

What do y'all think..what's wrong with my bike?

I still have a free servicing left..should i just go to the shop and let them check..or should i go to another mech..namely Rosli..as the bros here say he's good..

Please give me your views..

:help:

Hi,

You might want to give a little more information regarding your last servicing on some of the routine dispensable (i.e. engine oil, spark plug, oil filter, air filter and etc.) what is the age of your bike on the total road mileage incurs? It will then be more feasible for us to give you some suggestions.

If you have yet to pay a visit to Choongkok who is the agent for Daelim bike, you might want to drop by the little workshop and look for Roy who is a very versatile mechanic there and he might be able to address your encounter problems.

After all, who knows better about the Daelim bike than their own mechanics?

:goodluck:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Thanks all for your replies.

Bro Nights, actually the bike that i bought was a suzuki intruder 125..previously wanted to buy daystar but changed my mind at the last minute..sorry for the confusion..

I had the bike for only 2 weeks now..it is an fs plate bike..the odometer states that the mileage is only 138km when i bought it.Most bros here say it is highly unlikely and the speedometer might be changed before.The shop that i bought it is from changi rd.the boss will give me 1 free servicing at 3000km or 3 mths.

Now i have only clocked around 600km and this problem surfaces..now i dun know if i be better off going back to the shop for free servicing or just go to another mech where i can get an honest view about the bike.Let's say i go to another mech such as Rosli..how much would it cost in average for a full servicing of the bike?

Oh ya..will it be a good idea to install a rabbit oiler on a cruiser bike..will it be "unsightly"? I'm thinking of installing chris's rabbit oiler..

Originally posted by nage@Oct 19 2005, 10:06 PM

Thanks all for your replies.

Bro Nights, actually the bike that i bought was a suzuki intruder 125..previously wanted to buy daystar but changed my mind at the last minute..sorry for the confusion..

I had the bike for only 2 weeks now..it is an fs plate bike..the odometer states that the mileage is only 138km when i bought it.Most bros here say it is highly unlikely and the speedometer might be changed before.The shop that i bought it is from changi rd.the boss will give me 1 free servicing at 3000km or 3 mths.

Now i have only clocked around 600km and this problem surfaces..now i dun know if i be better off going back to the shop for free servicing or just go to another mech where i can get an honest view about the bike.Let's say i go to another mech such as Rosli..how much would it cost in average for a full servicing of the bike?

Oh ya..will it be a good idea to install a rabbit oiler on a cruiser bike..will it be "unsightly"? I'm thinking of installing chris's rabbit oiler..

It should be my apology instead as I have not read thru all the postings, was just reading the last few postings, judging from the thread title and jump into my own conclusion.

In regards to your problem, I too have my doubts on the road mileage incurred on your bike, I believe that the bike could have either had its speedmeter reset or indeed went thru a whole round of accumulative road mileage which is not hard to imagine if the bike have been used as a despatch tool for the pass five years.

Seem to me that your clutch will not disengage, most likely the clutch plates are stuck together. This happens to a lot of bikes that have set a long time with the clutch engaged. The oil leaks out from between the plates and they stick together. Sometimes you can break them loose by running in first or second gear, pulling in the clutch and locking up the rear brake. You may have to do this several times. If this doesn't work you will have to take the clutch apart and oil the plates.

Quite often, we get cons into buying a bike that has been sitting for a number of months or years in the shop knowing little to nothing of the bike history. We will want to spend as little as possible time on this bike until we know if the engine and all the gears work. Just shifting through the gears by hand is not good enough. Once you put power to it, the transmission can start to jump out of gear. You have got to prove to yourself that this thing will run, and run good. If it does, you will want to hold onto it. As such, this is not really repair, but restoration in my opinion.

I will recommend you to bring your bike to Guan Hoe (Suzuki Agent) instead just sort of a precaution if parts are need in the process of restoration otherwise you can pay Rosli a visit.

:goodluck:

Originally posted by ultimax@Oct 20 2005, 07:32 AM

Nage:

Just a quick question:

Did the bike shop tell you they changed the oil before selling the bike to you?

Hi Ultimax,

Now that u mentioned it..i didn't asked..i assumed they did..the boss seem like a honest person..

I guess i was too excited at that time..heard the engine roared and just rode away..haiz...should have relaxed a bit and checked all the necessary stuffs..

I guessed i will just go back to the shop and claim my free servicing then..

Originally posted by nage@Oct 20 2005, 12:44 PM

Hi Ultimax,

Now that u mentioned it..i didn't asked..i assumed they did..the boss seem like a honest person..

I guess i was too excited at that time..heard the engine roared and just rode away..haiz...should have relaxed a bit and checked all the necessary stuffs..

I guessed i will just go back to the shop and claim my free servicing then..

yeah but it seems like a waste since you only just got the bike :)

Oh well ...

Hi Nage,

Guess itz better for you to go back to the shop u bought the bike and get him change the engine oil since you are given one free servicing..... n try riding for a week or so... if no improvement than visit another shop for consultation.....

I had very bad exprience before with bike shop :angry: They will promise you thousand and one thing... But after you collect yr bike they hack care and Babodo!

http://www.ioci.it/immagini/IntruderSfondo.jpg]

Intruder Maniac

Feel The Wind....Ride To Live...http://www.thehogfarm.net/explosion.gif

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Gauntlet@Dec 14 2005, 03:06 PM

is it possible to add 2 side boxes ( that can put 2 FF helmet) type on the daystar? and so how would it look?

will handling be a problem beause the weight at the rear is now even more heavier... and advise??

i put 2 45L top box as side box..

handling wise not much diff except u will have some trouble squeezing thru traffic.

as for looks its not tat bad..

:sweat:

2004-2005 NSR SP/Daystar

2005-2006 Daystar/WR200/ Integra

2006-2009 Bajaj/Daystar/WR200/ Integra

2009-2011 Bajaj/B-bone/WR200/ Integra

2011-Current Bajaj/B-bone/Integra

hey bro ! ... thats coolz ! u got a pic?... or maybe pm me...

i would like to see is it nice bo.... by the way .. how much is the setup for this arr?... the rack .. the boxes.... if i do get a daystar.. i wanna consider putting side boxes....

oh yar.. for the setup.. is it stable? :giddy:

will the heigh of the it block the pipes???

will the length of the box block the pillion seats area or the foot rest?

i think u need to check the gear box..could possibly be too much friction or inappropriate gear change practise b4 thus causing it to grind too much and therefore now u are experiencing this..another possibility could be u have no more engine oil already..then ur gear change is very rough..go check it up really quick cuz if no more engine oil..ur bike can fuse and u can kiss your machine goodbye..repair

I saw the Daystar 150 on the cka website. Looks interesting.

I could be wrong but i dont really trust the statistics posted of 46.8km/l and top speed of 132km/h for a 150cc engine with so much weight.

I am most impressed by the 17.3 litre petrol tank! Was considering buying it a year plus ago but dropped the idea after hearing that the top speed 110km/h for the 125cc model.

20 Aug 03 - 02 Dec 05 Phantom 200, FV4764R

02 Dec 05 - 08 Mar 06 PGO GMAX 150, FZ9027G

15 Dec 05 - 06 Nov 06 Suzuki Ignis 1300, SDZ4309A

06 Nov 06 - XXXXXXX Toyota Vios 1500

Remember tat time i bought a daystar 125cc cost me 8.3K in 2001. Do anyone noe how much is the price now???

I sold off the bike for only $800 aft 4yrs of riding. Jus when i cannot stand the cost of maintenance higher & higher due to wear & tear fast(i use high mileage). Every mth visit Roy will sure spend hundred over. Most bikeshops don want eat Daystar. Tell me hard to sell. Few quote me $500 only without lookin at the bike condition, he said can move can liao.

So if u really thinking of buying, be prepare for the great depreciation & hard time to sell off aft when u decide to change bike.

Originally posted by Greyhound@Dec 24 2005, 09:38 PM

I could be wrong but i dont really trust the statistics posted of 46.8km/l and top speed of 132km/h for a 150cc engine with so much weight.

It is possible that 46.8KM/L is achievable if there is some re-construction on the engine structure. I believe the given mileage is based on long distance travelling rather than city riding however I would leave it to those who own the 150cc to make the comments.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Mr.Cheong@Dec 27 2005, 04:19 AM

Remember tat time i bought a daystar 125cc cost me 8.3K in 2001. Do anyone noe how much is the price now???

I sold off the bike for only $800 aft 4yrs of riding. Jus when i cannot stand the cost of maintenance higher & higher due to wear & tear fast(i use high mileage). Every mth visit Roy will sure spend hundred over. Most bikeshops don want eat Daystar. Tell me hard to sell. Few quote me $500 only without lookin at the bike condition, he said can move can liao.

So if u really thinking of buying, be prepare for the great depreciation & hard time to sell off aft when u decide to change bike.

Sad but true that Daelim bike can barely fetch a good price with the local shop except for those individual buyers.

If you are talking about brand new, I doubt there is much of the 125cc version left since the new 150cc already roll out thus, I believe the price which you have price should be what the 150cc is selling now. Anyway can give them a call to find out if you are interested.

Spending a hundred over bucks every visit is really a wow factors to me! You must be quite a rider! Well, it really bottle down to different individuals and their bike condition to determine their spending.

Cheers!

Hmmm.. I am surprised by the price of a new Daystar 150. Was quoted $7900 without insurance.

Seems like the depreciation is horrific. $7900 to $900 in 4 years seems logical as mentioned in an earlier post.

20 Aug 03 - 02 Dec 05 Phantom 200, FV4764R

02 Dec 05 - 08 Mar 06 PGO GMAX 150, FZ9027G

15 Dec 05 - 06 Nov 06 Suzuki Ignis 1300, SDZ4309A

06 Nov 06 - XXXXXXX Toyota Vios 1500

Originally posted by Greyhound@Dec 29 2005, 06:52 PM

Hmmm.. I am surprised by the price of a new Daystar 150. Was quoted $7900 without insurance.

Seems like the depreciation is horrific. $7900 to $900 in 4 years seems logical as mentioned in an earlier post.

The depreciation is based on the 125cc version and not the new 150cc version.

daystar only got 125cc and the new 150cc??

are there other cc version....

saw nights's bike pic in other pic look quite big....doesnt seem like a class 2b bike

At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes -- all you need is one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/BostonPublic.gif

Originally posted by X-ilED@Jan 2 2006, 05:49 PM

ahh, i think the biggest has to go to the hyosung aquila now... haha.. but its true that the daystar had this title once.

what abt the classic shadow 125? tt's pretty big as well. ;)

but i guess daystar's the heaviest of all?

Originally posted by Phantomenace+Jan 2 2006, 03:48 PM-->
QUOTE (Phantomenace @ Jan 2 2006, 03:48 PM)
daystar only got 125cc and the new 150cc??

are there other cc version....

saw nights's bike pic in other pic look quite big....doesnt seem like a class 2b bike[/b]

There are only 125cc and 150cc version for the Daystar.

• 1 year later...

Hi Bros,

I have just bought a second hand daystar 125. i have experience vibration on the handle and the footrest when i hit around 60km, it got worst when it is beyond 70km (RPM 7k). therefore, so far I have only being going at 70km max. the rate of virbration is kinda like causing numbless to the hand after about 1/2 hr ride.

I was wondering is it normal? Would appreciate if someone could advise me on this. By the way, when i went back to the shop (CKA

Thanks. :sweat:

there's a 200cc engine for daystar? seriously nv heard of it b4..

vibration for daelim is on the high side la, i used to ride a magma125.. but 70km shld not be all that unbearable ba.. u sure u at 5th gear? maybe u juz need to get used to it ba.. dun worry abt e vibrations so much, the bike wun shatter in pieces.. haha.. and for me i found 60kph most 'subtle', then feels like its breakin apart at 70-80, then slightly soothes after 90kph(possibly coz vibration frequency higher so past resonating frequency)

anw may i suggest that you give bb's cka a miss? i guess u'r probably staying in the west? the branch at toh guan would be a much better choice.. i have v bad encounters w bb branch.. guess i juz started on e wrong path back den when i was too much a noob.. hah

anw cheers for ur new bike.. i personally would consider u/g to a bigger cc engine if i haf spare cash.. haha..n especially if the outlook and everything else is cool.. do check w them whatever else needs to be changed tho, lest they change ur engine liaoz den tell u got other stuff need to change oso.. dats where e headache comes in..