SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim Daystar 125

nage

Originally posted by demo@February 05, 2007 12:07 am

By the way, when i went back to the shop (CKA

Thanks. :sweat:

i encounter tat b4..ask mi wana change/mob tiz or tat..i do feel irritated..dun gif in to their persuasive pressure..be firm..juz say "no" or "i consider again"

..Trials and Tribulations are Tests to shape ones path in Life..

..nobody plan to fail but many failed to plan..

..make e right mOve & u're made for Life..

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tks bro,

I used to ride a Phantom followed by X9, this is definately a bad experience for me. On the day that i collect my bike, i realise that the speedometer wasn't working, got to make a u-turn and asked them to fix it. Thereafter, i discovered that the IU is not working. After some bargaining, they willing to change a used one for me but got to wait. After getting the bike than they told they only garantee.. the engine.

Sigh.. :cry:

The vibration is bearable but it is the disappointment that bother me. Look that after fixinng the IU, i will switch to Toh Guan.:mad:

Once again tks for the input. :smile:

Bro, on the rack Daystar only comes in 125cc (old model) and 150cc (new model). However, if you are willing to spend around $600, they can modify it. Not sure if it would performce well cos have not heard of anyone doing it. To me, its kinda expensive also. Cheers..

Hi demo,

A warm welcome to the forum! Judging from your experience, it is very unlikely for a motorbike of 125cc to produce heavy vibration at the mentioned traveling speed that would cause numbness to rider upper limb and I am pretty sure most motorbike enthusiast would concur with my saying.

My opinion.

a) Incorrect installation of side or rear box.

b) An unbalanced wheel.

c) Faulty transmission or drive shaft.

d) Crankshaft balancing.

As much as the shop would like to persuade you in big boring your engine, I would advise you to give Kaki Bukit CKA a visit and look for Roy, a reliable mechanic in my opinion over the period my owning of the Daystar.

In regards to big bore, someone did a similar in 2003 with his Daystar 125 to 150cc and managed to achieve a better performance without much affection on fuel consumption. However, it is undeniable facts that big bored engine would constitute a quicker wear and tear effect or rather engine parts would worn out at a higher and faster rate.

:goodluck:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

hmm but in e first place from 125 to 150, did he mean modifying ur current engine? or changing a new 150cc engine into ur current chassis? n is the mod or change certified? i.e comes w approval cert or smth from lta? ha..

Bro Nights, thanks for advice. Would find time to look to Roy and seek his help to rectified my problem. Have not done up my bike with any box yet cos was rather disturbed by the vibration. Once again thanks.:sweat:

Bro Maniahk, I think they only mod the engine and not change the whole engine. I doubt it is legal. Personally, I don't think I want to mod it cos if the machine is not meant to operate at the level, by modifying it might shorten its lifespan and result in other problem. :smile:

Originally posted by nights@February 07, 2007 03:29 am

Hi demo,

A warm welcome to the forum! Judging from your experience, it is very unlikely for a motorbike of 125cc to produce heavy vibration at the mentioned traveling speed that would cause numbness to rider upper limb and I am pretty sure most motorbike enthusiast would concur with my saying.

My opinion.

a) Incorrect installation of side or rear box.

b) An unbalanced wheel.

c) Faulty transmission or drive shaft.

d) Crankshaft balancing.

As much as the shop would like to persuade you in big boring your engine, I would advise you to give Kaki Bukit CKA a visit and look for Roy, a reliable mechanic in my opinion over the period my owning of the Daystar.

In regards to big bore, someone did a similar in 2003 with his Daystar 125 to 150cc and managed to achieve a better performance without much affection on fuel consumption. However, it is undeniable facts that big bored engine would constitute a quicker wear and tear effect or rather engine parts would worn out at a higher and faster rate.

Bro Nights,

You are spot on. the problem is due to the shaft, on top that the exhaust also got problem. Hm... finally i got toenjot the ride of a Daystar. Once again tks.

By the way, anyone has any recommendation suitable side box for Daystar? Would be good if it can fit in one helemt. I dun mind saddle bag also, as long as it looks good and can fit one helmet.

Glad you solved your problem!

If you are thinking of putting a full-fledged helmet, don’t think it is suitable to have a huge side box as first; it can cause some difficulties if you like to squeeze thru traffic and second, it may cause some balancing issue when you ride but, this is really individual. Go for the Givi E33 if this is what you want.

However, if it is about half-cap, you could consider Givi E21 side pannier or any saddlebag that may fit in a half-cap but beware that these saddlebag are usually not lockable.

Anyway, looks wise, cruiser always goes best with saddlebag in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by fraggershell@March 09, 2007 11:39 pm

sorry to hijack.

are there any good side bags arnd for daystar? need not be leather de de, just want it to be weather proof.

side box also can, dun be too big lah

You may consider Givi E21 for storing your rain gear or half-cap. Any bigger size pannier would definitely be a consideration for balancing of the likes and if you tends to squeeze between cars during a traffic jam. Otherwise, rear box maybe the only reasonable option for storing your helmet, you may opt to install the original Daelim Daystar rear box pillion board steel bracket available at Choong Kok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

am i too late to hijack this post? haha..anw, seriously cn juz change d engine to 150cc at $400????..tht dae i went down to CKA kaki bukit, they offer to trade d whole bike wit my 125cc.they did nt name d price(they claim it wld b good price),bt i tink d idea itself is alil extreme personally 4 me coz i noe d price will surely b sky high..

anw, cn any1 recommend me a shop tht offers a good price to re-paint bike (east side preferably)..mayb sum of u hv done it b4.? take into account that i only plan to repaint my bike to plain matt black..not multicoloured nor personalised designs..roughly how much do i hv to pay fo d job? i only want a chopper bt never want to get CHOPPED.haa

lastly,for d sound..how to increase d volume? i mean apart frm changing d pipes..some cub bikes nowadaes reli hv those roaring kruzer sound tht don reli match their bike sia..

</div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>get your motor runnin, head on to the highway

lookin for adventure, in whatever comes our way!</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>

My guess is Choong Kok is trying to phase out the 125cc version from the local market.

You could enquire with the following shops for price quotation.

Ong & Son Spray Painting Works

Blk 14 Defu Lane 10, #01-400, Tel: 62840332, 62809783

Chin Kang Motorcycle

Madam Tan

205/207 Lavender St. Tel: 62971141

Replica Spray Painting

Mr. Lim

Blk 4, No 118 Kallang Ave Industrial Centre Singapore 339438 Tel: 62936812

As for your question on a louder pipes sound, you may seek advice with Roy from Choong Kok Kaki Bukit branch.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys! just passed my tp earlier today! so heng cause it was raining cats and dogs at cdc and only half passed! watching people fall during tp was not very encouraging..

Anyway, i was looking at daystars! and i've been to cka kaki bukit and i was quoted 2.8 for a FR plate, i think thats a bit steep and well i was wondering if there are any other potential daystar sellers here? thanks kan for the offer but i think your bike is in too good shape for me hehe aka i'm a bit broke haha.

doh!

Originally posted by jemmo@April 26, 2007 11:13 pm

hi guys! just passed my tp earlier today! so heng cause it was raining cats and dogs at cdc and only half passed! watching people fall during tp was not very encouraging..

Anyway, i was looking at daystars! and i've been to cka kaki bukit and i was quoted 2.8 for a FR plate, i think thats a bit steep and well i was wondering if there are any other potential daystar sellers here? thanks kan for the offer but i think your bike is in too good shape for me hehe aka i'm a bit broke haha.

Hi,

I'm selling my Daelim daystar, 02-2005, low mileage 14000km, road tax till 9/07.

Just air-brushed last year, new drag bar,billet lights, lots of "stylish" stuff includes a new set of custom-made saddle bags. If you are keen, just drop me an email at: [email protected]

I will 4ward you the photograph, love at first sight. Oh,ya. my number plate came out 3rd prize last Sat.....3500

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

guys.. i saw this daystar with HD road king head lights on..

i really thought it was RK... with double exhaust pipes..

then again... look closely and found out.. it's daystar..

i dont know how he manage to find RK head lights from...

really cool bike :thumb:

i saw the bike at balestier road...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

Hey guys, I just got my daystar a couple of days ago. When i i pump full tank e-f i only managed to pump in 10L before it nearly came out of my tank! caught me by surprise, i know there's reserve, but isn't the daystar a 17L bike? can't be my reserve is 7L right? any comments guys? thanks a mil

doh!

Hey guys, I just got my daystar a couple of days ago. When i i pump full tank e-f i only managed to pump in 10L before it nearly came out of my tank! caught me by surprise, i know there's reserve, but isn't the daystar a 17L bike? can't be my reserve is 7L right? any comments guys? thanks a mil

Congrats man yo got your bike! post photo of it haha...

anyway I always pump every 160-180km, each time about 6+ litres, somehow I feel the bike it more powerful with a full tank =)

Thanks :D i will.. when i get hold of a camera... my phone got run over by a car haha ... - before i got my bike la hahaSo from Full to E how many km should i be doing? i pump yest about 8 l when near E le... i still feel like a bit less than i thought it could have taken.

doh!