SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

ok, thanks for the reply! BUT i know nuts about steed, just bought this week, any pro, want to can help to give me a basic idea of the overall servicing of steed. do and don'ts? and cost of total damage too, thanks

latest, why is there a 'peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' sound coming out from my engine or somewhere below the fuel tank? high pitch peeee

Edited by ylsonny

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest chuinjie
I dont think so, the riser hole for the handlebar for Phantom is 7/8", Steed is 1".

therefore, i dont think the bolt cant fit into the top triple clamp, i.e. too small..

aw.. crap..

regards,

chuinjie

Guest chuinjie
ok, thanks for the reply! BUT i know nuts about steed, just bought this week, any pro, want to can help to give me a basic idea of the overall servicing of steed. do and don'ts? and cost of total damage too, thanks

latest, why is there a 'peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' sound coming out from my engine or somewhere below the fuel tank? high pitch peeee

Im not a pro, also a steed newbie but from what i have learnt, i share with you~

every 3000km change engine oil~ (according to my usage, about 3 months)

at every alternate engine oil change, change oil filter~ (half yearly)

at every 10,000km change spark plugs (yearly)

at every 10,000km change air filter (yearly)

at every 10,000km change chain and sprocket (yearly)

at every 10,000km flush brake fluid (yearly)

at every 10,000km change battery (yearly)

at every 15,000km change tires (one and a half year, mileage and type of tire dependent)

as you can see, yearly maintanence is one whole big chunck. What i do is to spread out the yearly items (as with all my previous bikes). From my personal schedule, if nothing breaks down, i would visit my mechanic once every 3 months.

*the above information is of my own experience. of course, i might be wrong.

ps: any abnormal sound arising from normal usage, the simple advice would most probably be to pay your preferred mechanic a visit. as always, arrest a small problem rather than manage a crisis.

regards,

chuinjie

Im not a pro, also a steed newbie but from what i have learnt, i share with you~

every 3000km change engine oil~ (according to my usage, about 3 months)

at every alternate engine oil change, change oil filter~ (half yearly)

at every 10,000km change spark plugs (yearly)

at every 10,000km change air filter (yearly)

at every 10,000km change chain and sprocket (yearly)

at every 10,000km flush brake fluid (yearly)

at every 10,000km change battery (yearly)

at every 15,000km change tires (one and a half year, mileage and type of tire dependent)

as you can see, yearly maintanence is one whole big chunck. What i do is to spread out the yearly items (as with all my previous bikes). From my personal schedule, if nothing breaks down, i would visit my mechanic once every 3 months.

*the above information is of my own experience. of course, i might be wrong.

ps: any abnormal sound arising from normal usage, the simple advice would most probably be to pay your preferred mechanic a visit. as always, arrest a small problem rather than manage a crisis.

regards,

chuinjie

ok thank you! what about the coolant the previous post were saying?

Guest chuinjie
ok thank you! what about the coolant the previous post were saying?

ah, sorry, missed that. Coolant was also changed every year. But since you just buy the bike, it would be good to flush it once as soon as possible.

regards,

chuinjie

ah, sorry, missed that. Coolant was also changed every year. But since you just buy the bike, it would be good to flush it once as soon as possible.

regards,

chuinjie

alright! thanks bro...

just want to share my new old steed vse...good to be back on a steed!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/janacta/RumpaNov16028.jpg

changed the stock beach bars to t-bars...feels more comfortable for me.

some of riding buddies that day...

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/janacta/RumpaNov16019.jpg

shadow ace 400

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/janacta/RumpaNov16020.jpg

dragstar 1100

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/janacta/RumpaNov16021.jpg

steed 400 chopper

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/janacta/RumpaNov16024.jpg

steed 400 vlx - this one was able to clock more that 140kph and still more left. changed his sprockets from a super four CB400, bolt on, no modifications.

Nice ride :thumb:

Hi, just trying my luck.

Firstly, anyone has service/maintenance manual for steed vse? Looked in the internet but found nothing, only everyone asking for it but no one provide answer.

Secondly, I'm looking for windshield for steed vse. Any recommended brand, shop that sell and pricing?

Lastly, any "better" workshop that can handle Steed well and charge labour only when using parts brought in myself?

Hi, just trying my luck.

Firstly, anyone has service/maintenance manual for steed vse? Looked in the internet but found nothing, only everyone asking for it but no one provide answer.

Secondly, I'm looking for windshield for steed vse. Any recommended brand, shop that sell and pricing?

Lastly, any "better" workshop that can handle Steed well and charge labour only when using parts brought in myself?

Hi sun, people who have the the manuals might already sold their Steed long time ago.

I don't think there's windshield for Steed so you might need to modify one for the fittings.

Most of the bikeshops mentioned in this thread will help you assemble parts for some labour charge. As for how much will depends on how difficult or complicated the job is. Not many bikeshops have interest on customising Steed as you really need to find a mech who has interest on customising old bikes to get a satisfying job done. All those bikeshops and names already had been mentioned in this thread many times.

As for "better" workshop, is up to each individual preference who have postive or negetive experienced with the workshops suggested or mentioned.

Guest chuinjie
Hi sun, people who have the the manuals might already sold their Steed long time ago.

I don't think there's windshield for Steed so you might need to modify one for the fittings.

Most of the bikeshops mentioned in this thread will help you assemble parts for some labour charge. As for how much will depends on how difficult or complicated the job is. Not many bikeshops have interest on customising Steed as you really need to find a mech who has interest on customising old bikes to get a satisfying job done. All those bikeshops and names already had been mentioned in this thread many times.

As for "better" workshop, is up to each individual preference who have postive or negetive experienced with the workshops suggested or mentioned.

the service manual can actually be bought from honda boon siew, but is from their shadow 400 as our steed shares the same "heritage". quite pointless actually as 95% of the information you can easily get from the old birds in this forum. workshop wise it would almost be easy to just stick with one regular mech to help you.

in the aspect of customising your steed, see more pictures from the internet and get the design in your head. stick with it and see it through. to aid you a little, steed 400 is actually a detuned shadow vlx 600 and is also an almost perfect mirror image of the 1997 sportster 883 from HD.

regards,

chuinjie

Hi, just trying my luck.

Bro I have the Steed VLX 600 manual. Identical to Steed 400 but only cc different. If you need to photocopy let me know.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/MidnightBlues_2006/SturgisBikeWeek2.jpg

Never Let Your Rear Wheel Overtake Your Front Wheel.

does your ape hang need additional risers or is bolt ready?

regards,

chuinjie

The ape bar need risers. Can use original risers, just remove stock bar and replace. If you looking for a pair of risers for steed, I think you can try Chong Aik. I find their price quite reasonable and they will advise you on the size, but you have to diy or go to your mech for installation.

Guest chuinjie
Bro I have the Steed VLX 600 manual. Identical to Steed 400 but only cc different. If you need to photocopy let me know.

is it a service manual that has all the parts listed?

regards,

chuinjie

Guest chuinjie
The ape bar need risers. Can use original risers, just remove stock bar and replace. If you looking for a pair of risers for steed, I think you can try Chong Aik. I find their price quite reasonable and they will advise you on the size, but you have to diy or go to your mech for installation.

all right, thank you for the info. going to try out broomstick handle first, failure of which i would get hangers. but must get new lines of everything.. ex..

regards,

chuinjie

Tks oldboy

the service manual can actually be bought from honda boon siew, but is from their shadow 400 as our steed shares the same "heritage". quite pointless actually as 95% of the information you can easily get from the old birds in this forum. workshop wise it would almost be easy to just stick with one regular mech to help you.

in the aspect of customising your steed, see more pictures from the internet and get the design in your head. stick with it and see it through. to aid you a little, steed 400 is actually a detuned shadow vlx 600 and is also an almost perfect mirror image of the 1997 sportster 883 from HD.

regards,

chuinjie

Tks Chuinjie

Hi, just trying my luck.

Pls go to this site and download it. Its the same that I have. This is in pdf format. Hope this helps.

Link... http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp

Look for the file Honda VT600c VT600CD '97 '01 service manual

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/MidnightBlues_2006/SturgisBikeWeek2.jpg

Never Let Your Rear Wheel Overtake Your Front Wheel.

hi guys what fuel do you all usually pump? cuz i somehow have a problem.

i usually pump SPC 92, one reason being the 15% discount. however on fridae i went in jb and pump caltex 97 after my main tank runs dry. it seems gd at first, but on sat, the feel of riding sucks totally! it seems like whenever i reach fifth gear, or above 80km/h, the engine has to work extra hard instead. before that there is no problem with the bike man, cruising at 110km/h was exhilarating.

so any thoughts? cheers.

spark plugs, air filter, coolant, engine oil & oil filter, OWS flush, front forks, front wheel bearing, brake pads, brake fluid, alarm, carb washed, steering cone, rear brake light, fuel filter, jets, front tyre, dyna carb tuning, rear tyre, rear tyre inner tubing, rear wheel bearing, fuel tubing, alternator, rectifier, battery, valve clearance/top overhaul, chain & sprocket.

Guest chuinjie

damn.. the previous owner of my bike changed the handle bar.. mine now is one piece.. no risers.. how much does chong aik's cost?