SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

04 fazer 600 or Africa twin

larree

hi all, care to give comment comparing the above two bikes? Thinking of getting either one. Can provide information like its maintaince, fuel consumption, fun factor and etc.

Which one you will prefer and why? Im so indecisive.... pls help

you deserve better from me, i can be better, i will be better!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

africa twin average 18km-21km per litre depands on riding style. Full tank is 23L. do your maths :)

fun factor for africatwin...hmmm not meant for speed...high riding posture. Maintenance wise very OK. Most @twin riders DIY on maintenance such as engine oil,spark plug etc. Old school vtwin engine with a thumping sound....SYIOK!!! i must say...many EX @twin riders misss their old rides!

for Fazer...can't say anything...never ride it before so no comments.:thumb:

African twin - for on road and off road. there's different kind of tyres for them. there's the 50% road n 50% offroad tyres made for these bikes.

Wherelse the Fazer6 is meant for daily commuting, touring on hard long roads at an enormous speed. it's not suitable for offroad but there's actually a guy onboard who have ridden the FZ6 offroad. so well, there you go.

http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/44300/2760667410101544985S200x200Q85.jpgThe Road To Endless Tourings....coming soon.

1 is a great mid-class tourer on the roads (FZ6), while the other (AT) is 50-50 on & off road.

if u're comparing on normal SG riding, i believe both will not fail u.

personally, i'm on a FZ6 rite now but kinda having the 'kick' to own a dual-purpose.

to mi, the onli con abt the AT is it not having a tubless tyre.

i'm saving up for the GSA.

=D

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

• 2 weeks later...
hi all, care to give comment comparing the above two bikes? Thinking of getting either one. Can provide information like its maintaince, fuel consumption, fun factor and etc.

Which one you will prefer and why? Im so indecisive.... pls help

you want speed or torque? EFI or Carburetor?

FZ6 can easily travel in excess of > 200km/hr. So if you are going very far touring at high speed with other big bikes, you can consider it.

AT is a very fun bike, can go light offroad. No roads can stop it from going across. Can tour the world with it.

I believe for fun factor, AT takes the cake. :D

Slow down abit, smell the air and enjoy the scenery.

Caught the touring bug once again!

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/img/sport_comparo_lg.jpg

• 1 month later...

most importantly african twin is build with bulletproof engine...any engine will do..parts are cheap 1001 acces to doll her up..if u are long distance tourer ure ass wont curse u 4 sure.....ure pillion will lov u..hahaha can sit bhind eat longan..whatever it is all bike have their ups n down good luck bro

• 2 weeks later...
most importantly african twin is build with bulletproof engine...any engine will do..parts are cheap 1001 acces to doll her up..if u are long distance tourer ure ass wont curse u 4 sure.....ure pillion will lov u..hahaha can sit bhind eat longan..whatever it is all bike have their ups n down good luck bro

Totally agree 100% wif u bro. Been riding AT for about 3yrs now.. Still loving it. lots of accesories and maintenance very good..:p :P

Fazer or Atwin both very good bikes.

Good luck bro!

• 1 year later...

won't be biased coz i've been riding RD07a~african twin for 4 yrs now..

its a fun bike and its v-engine means pick up is a bit faster than normal rd bikes in line fours.

personally i feel fz6 is a good ride too,but nw ur comparing btween orange and apples so...

at's build wif a bullet proof engine, (same as the xr families, african twins is actually XRV750) long street life, wif ample buttocks seats feeling so ur butt is quite pampered so in long rides(more than 3 hrs cotinuos riding)ur butt wont be numb. it's riding posture plays a big role too.

fz6 is more sporty and its a GREAT all rounder bike. i used to haf frens who rides dis bikes and swears dat it's a great bike but after some time~sold em off due to marriage commitments or upgraded to a small family car.

i haf a small car too, but at least i noe my at is worth keeping and its a 'legend' coz honda haf stop production on these bikes.. and i still does keep and ride my rd07a at certain times i ride instead of drive..

if speed is ur cup of tea, don't consider the at but do consider d fz6. if fun, high and dry is ur thing, its a perfect match>at is ur fun ride.

both are good japanese bikes buildt to last!

overall at takes d cake!

:cheeky:

Really depends on what you like.... the smoothness of inline4 or the torque of Vtwin. May i know what bike you riding personally? I have tour on both bikes and both are great bikes. Fazer 6 gives more speed but AT rules over comfort. I used to own a fazer 6, den hop ard a few other bikes and now Im riding another fazer 6 again as i commute alot in SG roads. If you are only going to ride ard SG, I tink its better to get Fazer 6 over AT. Better handling and control on the road.

**only 1 img allowed in signature***

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2630/32/27/667979715/n667979715_1625216_481751.jpg