SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[CDC] 2B - 39-Days-Clear-Prac-No-Talent-But-Want-Licence-in-Shortest-Time-Possible

Zero2sg

Hi guys, I am a student in CDC, and I just passed my prac 8 and booked a TP slot for this coming december. (TP slots are 2 months each)

I will also post a picture of my logbook to show you how slow I am at learning.

cdc1.jpgcdc2.jpg

I attended the circult training on 27th july cleared my drt and theory in 3 days, feeling like it was nothing as there

was so much slots. and booked an internal evaluation, but the real kicker is when I get to touch the bike during

lesson 1 and I was instantly hooked on the 7th of august. During this time please note I was still yaya papaya

and didnt have a plan or drive to dive into it. Until I failed. Then I begun a quest to clear 1 to 8 in shortest

time possible.

I felt I want to give back by sharing my knowledge and experience from CDC, and being a silent reader here, I must

also thank the people who posted tips and tricks that enabled me to get this fast.

Date Range - 16 August to 23rd September 2014 (39 days)

My stats (I ALREADY SAID I HAVE NO TALENT IN BIKE)

Prac 1 - 3 attempts (16/8, 17/8)

Prac 2 - 4 attempts (21/8, 22/8, 26/8, 27/8)

Prac 3 - 5 attempts (28/8, 28/8, 29/8, 30/8, 1/9)

Prac 4 - 3 attempts (2/9, 3/9, 3/9)

Prac 5 - 4 attempts (6/9, 10/9, 11/9, 11/9)

Prac 6 - 5 attempts (15/9, 17/9, 17/9, 18/9, 19/9)

Prac 7 - 1 attempt (19/9)

Prac 8 - 4 attempts (21/9, 22/9, 23/9, 23/9)

Total Attempts: 31 attempts over 8 lessons

Revisions: 12 Circult Revisions, 1 Road Revision

Cancellation Count Left : 7 / 18

My tips:

- Your 21 days of Annual leave? USE IT ALL IN ONE SHOT BUT DONT GO OVERSEAS. ITS A DO OR DIE SITUATION

- 1.2k to 2k amount of SGD (ITS AS IF YOU ARE SPENDING OVERSEAS MONEY, but you gain a licence for life, I topup 1.5k in total, still left $120)

- @rijac advises from forum class 2b cdc, seriously just stalk the guy and read his post. READ HIS MAPS AND DRAWING. PRINT IT.

- If you are suffering from a heartbreak, eg ur gf left u even you loved her very much, this will help immensely as it distracts u

- Andriod or Iphone that chimes every 1hr or 2hr when you are awake. WHEN IT BEEPS, LOG IN AND CHECK SLOTS.

- 1 vial of blood from a malay man, write the word lucky in chinese on a yellow paper and wear as a talisman. (its a joke, but seriously malay people are natural with bikes)

- KEEP BOOKING AND DO NOT LOSE HEART. Always have safety nets. So when you are in pracs, you wont feel so stressed, there is always a lesson tomorrow or later

- DO NOT BE AFRAID TO FAIL, LOSE MONEY ONLY, ITS OK U CAN EARN IT BACK. people lost 4 room flats to betting, what is $1.5k to this?

- Master your fig 8, crank, plank and pylon salom OFTEN, the more you do them, the more they become your *****

- JUST THROW 1.5K to 2K to CDC, u cant finish it they will mail u the check

- Have a dream bike, have pictures of it and envision you riding it ASAP

Regrets:

I wished I didnt have to work during the month, saw slots but i cannot book cos i was working

I wished I didnt take a break each time I passed a difficult lessons eg 3 and 5, the time I saw slots I didnt book.. so less than 1 mth is possible

Because this has been a very humbling journey for me, I want to thank most of the instructors in CDC, I feel they are really

under appreciated as they really do teach properly. Alot of them are damn sarcastic but if you show you are willing to learn,

they will align and guide you the way.

Mr Bahtera is a skinny malay man who will teach you and tell you alot if you ask him, he gives very valuable advises

Mr Sulaimi is also a good malay instructor who is strict but will guide you on techniques, my fig 8 was trained by him

Mr Kelvin Yip is very sarcastic, but he is willing to teach if you asked, even I was on revision, he didnt have to time me

cos I was not his student, but he did nonetheless upon request

Mr Stanley Quak is another chinese soft spoken nice guy who helped in my road training

Mr Ronnie Heng is strict as well, but fair nonetheless. I failed under him several times but he will always point ur mistakes. LISTEN

Mr Steven Kuek - although we had past misunderstanding, but during planking he still is able to tell me what I went wrong

I dont know if I will linger around here, but anyone who tags me or ask questions here I will try my best to answer.

Read lot from @rijac dunno if he will ever know.. but i thank him so much for drawing the route 1 and 2 map, the lengthy post of

practicals, basket i actually print it out and memorized it into my brain his steps! also want to thank strange posters called

@darkredmica @timewalker84 @Skywalker @JrCherish for tips about lifting the bike, fig8, plank, salom, crank.

i often read them on my ipad before i sleep

I READ FROM ANCIENT ORIGINAL CDC post 2011 to this current page 1 TILL 69, freaking hell those pple really can talk craps.

Remember 39 days isnt the best, I sincerely believe if you are gifted or drank the blood of malay man you will be even

faster than me.

Thanks once again! :)

AND OH, I offended anyone pls let me know which to edit, cos I really mean no harm.

Edited by Zero2sg
removed personal information

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My savior would be @rijac @timewalker84. The two mains who walked me through the practs in theory. I did the same - read through their tips repeatedly before I attended each lessons. Rijac's tips especially - from every blindspot check to every signal you need to make, it's all written in his tips. I was one of the lucky few to be taking lessons almost the same time as him so it was easy to look through his posts. For the current learners you just gotta work a little harder to find his posts, get them printed out or screenshot them and memorize them before you attend your lessons. It works!

@lovewei @Metalskin also helped me a lot along the way - by encouraging me, and taking revisions together so it definitely helps to be taking lessons together with some buddies.

Many kind souls here who would be more than willing to help if you ask..

Anyway to the thread starter, all the best for your tp and good luck - you'll need not just skills and techniques but lotsa luck as well when it comes to TP! Give your 100% for your tp. Even if you feel you've made a fatal mistake, had your right leg down or what, just give your 100% till the end as sometimes you never know if they'll give chance, never spot your mistake etc...

And last but not least, relax now and go for revisions nearing TP. Don't let the nerves rattle you! (;

Edited by darkredmica

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

Me first time passed 2B too. Dont think of first time passing 2B, book more road and circuit revision, keep asking questions, do more stations repeat again and again.

Before TP the day before try more booking. On TP day itself , remember the steps procedure for each station, and be careful on road test. Be calm think of normal road and circuit revision and 2B license will be issued to you on that day.

Me first time passed 2B too. Dont think of first time passing 2B, book more road and circuit revision, keep asking questions, do more stations repeat again and again.

Before TP the day before try more booking. On TP day itself , remember the steps procedure for each station, and be careful on road test. Be calm think of normal road and circuit revision and 2B license will be issued to you on that day.

bro thank u so much for ur tips! will keep doing revision!

wah! sad banana sia!!! @darkredmica never mention me.. T_T

No One In This World Is A Virgin. Cause Life Always Fcuk You Over and Over Again. Rides: 05May13~ NSR SP FQ **** X 2 stroke power! 05May15~ RVF400 FQ **** D V engine power! 04Jun16~ YZF-R1 FBG **** M Xplane power! 26Nov16~ LC135 FBC **** J SPARK big bore! 03Mar18~ BMWGSA F **** D GSR1200ADV! 23Apr20~ CB400 Bold'r FBC ***** J inLine4

mica passed first attempt ah?

Of cos first attempt lol. I had no talent but I was pretty hardworking. Lol.

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

• 1 month later...

Woah TS u had brought the "slow booking in CDC" to whole new lvl :clapping:, super fast lei. And here I thot my duration was quite decent, left 1 mth on pdl when i gotten my 2b, on oct lol, and i always spam bookings(cos also bo talent) =D

Thumbs up for the advises to get earlier dates for pract, camp whenever u can lol. Jiayou for ur coming tp,(maybe u passed liao) spams more rev,i wacked 10 rev 2week up to tp date.

• 2 weeks later...

today if you are in 3rd december TP slot then you confirm know me. the instructors are so damn bloody playful. Mr Ronnie was there with Mr Bhatera and when i was chatting happily with nearby people what bikes to get, Mr Bhatera did a headcount of those who passed.

I was number 14. he missed my number. my heart sanked. really i felt like dying. they kept mentioning there is a 1% chance that my chit was missed out. and i really thought it was me. after that i raised my hand and Mr Bhatera ask me go downstairs and find testers. the whole class turned silent. i really just felt cold. i didnt expect to fail... where did i go wrong... i kept going for revisions...

wah i wanted to cry already. my hp vibrated with messages i thought CDC counter telling me to go down, turns out its a friend who returned from Japan msged me.. and Ronnie have this mischievious grin that tell me to just sit down when i shrugged to the door. the whole class exploded with laughter after a very awkward silence, and i almost collasped with heart attack. so if you are amongst the class u will know i nearly died.

I looked at my sheet.. I PASSED!!!!! 6 points!

after video Mr Bhatera grabbed me and asked me to lead and recite the pledge of riders to the class. im really honored. so thus ends my journey of 2B.

if you guys need advises i could chip in, really thank you all so much for writing and sharing. I hoped my own advises helped as well.

so from date 16th august to 3rd december... i got my licence in 3 mths and 17 days. if i could do it, so can anyone here! :)

• 3 weeks later...
today if you are in 3rd december TP slot then you confirm know me. the instructors are so damn bloody playful. Mr Ronnie was there with Mr Bhatera and when i was chatting happily with nearby people what bikes to get, Mr Bhatera did a headcount of those who passed.

I was number 14. he missed my number. my heart sanked. really i felt like dying. they kept mentioning there is a 1% chance that my chit was missed out. and i really thought it was me. after that i raised my hand and Mr Bhatera ask me go downstairs and find testers. the whole class turned silent. i really just felt cold. i didnt expect to fail... where did i go wrong... i kept going for revisions...

wah i wanted to cry already. my hp vibrated with messages i thought CDC counter telling me to go down, turns out its a friend who returned from Japan msged me.. and Ronnie have this mischievious grin that tell me to just sit down when i shrugged to the door. the whole class exploded with laughter after a very awkward silence, and i almost collasped with heart attack. so if you are amongst the class u will know i nearly died.

I looked at my sheet.. I PASSED!!!!! 6 points!

after video Mr Bhatera grabbed me and asked me to lead and recite the pledge of riders to the class. im really honored. so thus ends my journey of 2B.

if you guys need advises i could chip in, really thank you all so much for writing and sharing. I hoped my own advises helped as well.

so from date 16th august to 3rd december... i got my licence in 3 mths and 17 days. if i could do it, so can anyone here! :)

So Happy for u bro , cherish your 2B license ride slow and safe..don't drink drive..

go for your 2A next year then following year class 2 ...

cheers merry Xmas...