SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Genting - 150cc Scooter Enough to Go Uphill?

gn1251

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a 150cc scooter enough to go up Genting? Anybody have experience?

Yes. it will not be fast, but it will get you there. A South Korean guy called Wan Lee (google him) rode a 50cc Honda Ruckus across the US, including a crossing over the Rocky Mountains. If a 50cc can do it, so can a 150cc. Just don't expect to blast your way up fast.

Yes. it will not be fast, but it will get you there. A South Korean guy called Wan Lee (google him) rode a 50cc Honda Ruckus across the US, including a crossing over the Rocky Mountains. If a 50cc can do it, so can a 150cc. Just don't expect to blast your way up fast.

Thanks. Slow is okay, but will it be dangerous? What if halfway cannot go up anymore :)

The bike is a PGO GMax 150 scooter. Can make it up Genting? and with pillion?

going up should not be a problem. i took my wife up mountain in chiang mai with 125 CC scooter.

coming down might give you some problem especially with pillion. your brake will overheat if you overuse it since scooter can't perform engine brake. do take break here and there to cool the brake down.

going up should not be a problem. i took my wife up mountain in chiang mai with 125 CC scooter.

coming down might give you some problem especially with pillion. your brake will overheat if you overuse it since scooter can't perform engine brake. do take break here and there to cool the brake down.

I think the lack of engine brake plus the added weight of a pillion on the downhill can be dangerous. If you brake constantly, the scooter will be at risk of getting brake fade, in which the brake rubber pads hardens due to heat and fails to grip properly. I would say 1 person should be OK, but with pillion, I'm not so sure it's safe because added weight means more and harder braking. Maybe other bros experienced with scooters can comment.

• 2 months later...

rented a honda click 125 auto (250THB per day) in chiangmai rode to doi suthep mountain with pillion and some stuff up and down no problem. but have to be really careful when overtaking the songtheaw (mini bus) going up and down the mountain. Cheers

• 10 months later...