SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Clutch

Guest rez

What Mileage You Change Clutch Plate  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What Mileage You Change Clutch Plate

• 50K ~ 60K
    • 60K ~ 70K
    • 70K ~ 80K
    • 80K ~ 90K
    • 90K ~ 100K
    • 100K ~ 110K
    • 110K ~ 120K
    • 120K ~ 130K
    • 130K ~ 140K
    • 140K ~ 150K

I tried the second option. MY bike didn't die off non the rpm went up instead went down but if I rev higher the bike engine died off. Normal? How many years should we change the clutch plates base on normal usage? Not high usage like a dispatch rider but normal riding ($20 fuel) per week.

hello...learned a lot from ah pek and yourself about clutch in this thread. so ive got clutch plates and gasket and im gonna get them changed soon. sorry, but what do you mean by the clutch cable must be changed if the wires are worn? the wires in the cable will start to split is it?

any reply at all from anyone will be much appreciated!

Most motorcycle problems are a result of the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle

:thumb:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha whoops...meant to quote you instead. but oh well...

try this if u suspect ur clutch plates are worn.....

while moving pull the clutch all the way in and release slowly if u hear a thud thud sound before hitting half clutch means ur clutch plates are worn

>> No idea how the thud-thud sound can mean that the clutch plates are worn.

while stationery pull the clutch and engage 1st gear, if the bike moves forward a bit while the clutch is pulled at the max means ur clutch plate is gone....

>> This most prob means his clutch cable free play is too little.

Another way, if you wanna try,

1. Place front wheel against wall.

2. Engage 2nd gear.

3. Throttle up while slowly releasing clutch.

you engine should die off. If your rpm can go up and back wheel never move, your clutch plates are gone.

The loud "tak-tak" sound when down shifting could be because of numerous reasons.

- Engine oil old or not enough

- Clutch lever not enough free play

- Chain too loose..

All clutch plates does is to transmit power from engine, to the gear box. Clutch plates for a super 4 last from 80k - 100k or even more depending on rider. Most ppl just change the clutch plates. The springs are pretty hardy. CLutch cable is only changed if it is worn, i.e. the wires coming apart.

Best remedy, go to your fav workshop and get a reliable mech to check your bike. Making decisions based on answers here is at your own risk.

Most motorcycle problems are a result of the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle

:thumb:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
hi anyone counter when morning stat up,, got a tak-tak sound in the engine. but is just for a while. after a 1 or 2 min it gone. but if i hold in my hand clutch n stat up my engine it dont have the tak-tak sound. how come help it ok.

Hi Sealover,

this has been discuss before. When the engine is warmed up t he sound should disappear. If it doesn't disappear after 5 mins of warming up. Then that's a problem.

Hi Sealover,

this has been discuss before. When the engine is warmed up t he sound should disappear. If it doesn't disappear after 5 mins of warming up. Then that's a problem.

Its not so much of a problem, but just that the clutch housing is loose due to it being a wear and tear item. Not sure how much it is for replacement for super4 though. Cost me $500 for my R6.

• 6 months later...

Basically quite hard to engage gears or hard to engaged N gear. Tell tale signs of rust too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Basically quite hard to engage gears or hard to engaged N gear. Tell tale signs of rust too

Tat is Possibly, your clutch plate wear/ clutch biting point/ engine oil

Clutch cable hardly stretch unless no maintainance done

• 1 month later...
Tat is Possibly, your clutch plate wear/ clutch biting point/ engine oil

Clutch cable hardly stretch unless no maintainance done

Care to share how you maintain it??

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

-

- dnt simply "throw your clutch after changing gear".. Instead, release the lever gently

"lube using abit of EO at the clutch lever area & the end of cable at the joint area . ""

Can explain? Remove the cable and drop a few drops of EO?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

"lube using abit of EO at the clutch lever area & the end of cable at the joint area . ""

Can explain? Remove the cable and drop a few drops of EO?

Works both way..

If possible, tat would be better..

If not, just a few drop at ther itself

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my S4 Spec 2. Everytime I change up from 1st Gear to 3rd Gear I will hear a cluttering sound. However, from 4th to 5th it seems perfectly fine.

Is my clutch plate from messed up and I need to change them? Any workshop you guys can recommend?

Or is this something got to do with my clutch cable that is preventing me from a smooth gear change despite fully pulling the gear lever?

Will appreciate any advise. Many thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...