SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Clutch

Guest rez

What Mileage You Change Clutch Plate  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What Mileage You Change Clutch Plate

• 50K ~ 60K
    • 60K ~ 70K
    • 70K ~ 80K
    • 80K ~ 90K
    • 90K ~ 100K
    • 100K ~ 110K
    • 110K ~ 120K
    • 120K ~ 130K
    • 130K ~ 140K
    • 140K ~ 150K

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clutch cable bikeworkz less than $15...

bikeworkz isit at shunli industrial park near to republic motor there?? i can't find them.. lol

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

• 2 weeks later...
dont dragged your gear too high like 6-7 rpm if u dont want that tak sound when changing up gear from 1st to 2nd.. i usually change gear at 3-4 rpm..

Yeah u can high rev then change gear withot that "thak" sound.

Lemme share, u try high rev then clutch in close throttle and change gear all at the SAME time. Confirm no sound.

Then try again, this time u clutch in close throttle and kick up gear. Now u will hear the "thak" sound. Practice makes perferct, its all bout timing. Hands must syncronize with toe and fingers. LOL

• Yamaha RXZ 135
  • Honda Wave 125
  • Honda CB400 Spec 3
  • Yamaha FZ6 
  • Yamaha FZ1S
  • Yamaha XMAX 300 & Yamaha R15

• 2 weeks later...
Just to share, from my experience, we MUST practice the "tak" sound. Its a must to do. So its not a problem at all having that sound. The reason is cuz to season up the clutch housing. The louder the "tak" sound, the better.

Bro I got this feeling you are Infernalwar's clone... Maybe moderator can do a check. Pardon me if I made a wrong guess...

:p

• 3 weeks later...
When clutching in to change gear the clutch lever seems to spring back hard. Is that a sign of worn clutch plate?

Clutch lever spring back hard? You throw clutch?

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

• 3 weeks later...

i also have that kinda problem. mine is like loose metal sound. not so much of tak tak tak. and just recently, i feel the gear damn hard to engage it to neutral. esp when u try from gear 1 is quite stiff. but easier to go from 2 to neutral

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

Heys guys.. very noob here.. sorry.. jus wanna ask bout my clutch problem.. when i clutch in fully my and engage gear 1, my bike wont move but i jus find ,

1) shifting gears difficult

2) twice i down shift kena the tak tak tak sound! (very damaging to the heart)

3) hard to go neutral sometimes.

4) changing gear got hard thud!! sound

please help me coz at junction wen changing gear from 1 to 2, but stuck at neutral, i rev high ppl tink i kao peh...:(

Thanks

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu171/rif37/039.jpg

~Ride Safely... Think of your loved one...~

CB400 spec 3 - Sept 2010 to Oct 2012

FZ1S - Oct 2012 to Current

Heys guys.. very noob here.. sorry.. jus wanna ask bout my clutch problem.. when i clutch in fully my and engage gear 1, my bike wont move but i jus find ,

please help me coz at junction wen changing gear from 1 to 2, but stuck at neutral, i rev high ppl tink i kao peh...:(

Thanks

Have you tried pulling your clutch cable? Or maybe its your clutch plate worn out already.

hey khaigugu.. thanx for the reply man... i tried pulling the clutch.. adjusting more free play on clutch and biting point... still the problem arise.. sad to hear the hard sound when changing gear ..any chance can check if my clutch plate worn out?

hey khaigugu.. thanx for the reply man... i tried pulling the clutch.. adjusting more free play on clutch and biting point... still the problem arise.. sad to hear the hard sound when changing gear ..any chance can check if my clutch plate worn out?

Bro adjusting the clutch free play wont help to remove that thud tad sound.

You may be clutching in to long then changing gear, its about timing, clutch in and change gear must be simultaneous bro, you wont get the tad tad sound, keep practicing. Sooner you will get it.

Remember the louder the sound tad tad, means ur damaging your clutch plates and in the long run your gearbox.

All about timing!!!

Thanks

hard to change gear might be biting point too close tts y hard to change gear.... when change gear, it is normal to hav the loud tuk sound according to ah pek...

i ever encounted a few time when bike still moving i trying to engage neutral (free wheeling), gt tak tak tak sound, just like machine gun... tts scary..

WTS givi e16 smile box, with led @$20

interested party , do PM me..

I got. Same like u la. Cold start only dis prob. Ask mech he say clutch housing. He say not a major problem. Van wait for 2 or 3 mths then change.

hmm change clutch housing??or clutch plates.cos my plates just change 8000km ago sia..

hey guys thanx for all the tips.. i went to meet ahpek he adjusted jus the cable on the right of engine and also change the biting point.. it feels good again.. Thanx AHPEK and also others hu hv replied.. like what nabil said, its all about timing.....

Bro adjusting the clutch free play wont help to remove that thud tad sound.

You may be clutching in to long then changing gear, its about timing, clutch in and change gear must be simultaneous bro, you wont get the tad tad sound, keep practicing. Sooner you will get it.

Remember the louder the sound tad tad, means ur damaging your clutch plates and in the long run your gearbox.

All about timing!!!

hey bro, i read what u wrote. how to minimize the tad tad sound?? any suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...