SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Van on lane 2 tio fine!

Razgriz

Ok... my fren was driving his van... on quite packed highway... so .. we decided.. to overtake via the 2nd lane... since lane 1(slowest lane) is fully packed.. there's a TP @ road side.. we already drive in speed limit.. @ 2nd lane.. END UP?!

fark.. his co. recieved TP letter.. anybody.. know steps to appeal to TP?!

Thanks Guys

This is a computer generated msg, no signature is required :cheeky:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ViciousKitty74

Van, speed limit: 60km/hr.

packed highway, 3 lane or 4 lane?

if 3 lane, no way should go over to 2nd lane, cos 2nd lane minimum speed is roughly 80km/hr already.

So your fren was speeding? Or road hogging?

If 4 lane, the correct description is that your friend was driving on the 3rd lane. if 3rd lane, still ok cos goods vehicle can travel on lane 4(the slowest lane) and lane 3 for overtaking.

Lane 1 meaning the extreme right lane lah.

Hmmm..actually now change already....

now the speed limit for van is 70km/h

and if lane 3 is pack with vehicle, vans can go lane 2 to overtake, but must keep within speed limit 70km/h lo...

but wat offence did the summon letter states?

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by LYM@Feb 21 2006, 09:47 AM

Hmmm..actually now change already....

now the speed limit for van is 70km/h

Opps......me really old and forgetful.

Thanks. :smile:

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by LYM@Feb 21 2006, 10:02 AM

cuz i drive van..u all ride motor ma.....

Dont like that say lah.....

I ride becos no money to buy van mah. :sweat:

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by Razgriz@Feb 21 2006, 03:36 PM

he not speeding... there say... he "road hogging" vans.. cannot use 2nd lane.. in name la.. but.. overtaking cannot meh ! so .. how do i go bout appealing it?

Help !

overtaking. Can.

But must overtake and then quickly get back to the 3rd lane.

how TP issue summon for road hogging or for travelling on the 2nd lane which vans are not suppose to. Is that they see how far the van has travelled in the guise of overtaking.

ie. the van going towards city from ECP from changi airport. the van 'overtake at lampost 12 at the 20km rd mark and only 'manage to overtake back into its lane at lampost 59 at the 3km rd mark towards the city.

the van travelled for 17km on lane 2. thats not overtaking.

You can try to appeal to TP by writing in or going down to TPHQ to explain to their appeal officers.

Originally posted by ViciousKitty74@Feb 21 2006, 03:52 PM

overtaking. Can.

But must overtake and then quickly get back to the 3rd lane.

how TP issue summon for road hogging or for travelling on the 2nd lane which vans are not suppose to. Is that they see how far the van has travelled in the guise of overtaking.

ie. the van going towards city from ECP from changi airport. the van 'overtake at lampost 12 at the 20km rd mark and only 'manage to overtake back into its lane at lampost 59 at the 3km rd mark towards the city.

the van travelled for 17km on lane 2. thats not overtaking.

You can try to appeal to TP by writing in or going down to TPHQ to explain to their appeal officers.

ya.. but how do i go abt doing dat? hmm

where can i write to.. where's the address..

This is a computer generated msg, no signature is required :cheeky:

Originally posted by Razgriz@Feb 21 2006, 07:09 PM

ya.. but how do i go abt doing dat? hmm

where can i write to.. where's the address..

VIOLATION REPORTS SECTION

TRAFFIC POLICE DEPARTMENT

10 UBI AVE3 SINGAPORE 408865

*remember to include particulars like report no, name of driver, vehicle no, etc

But personally think it's better to jus go down the TP HQ @UBI there to see the investigation officers la, down there can straight away appeal, this thing better to explain to them straight face to face so that even if cannot appeal, also can get a reasonable explanation from them.

Originally posted by Razgriz@Feb 20 2006, 11:08 PM

Ok... my fren was driving his van... on quite packed highway... so .. we decided.. to overtake via the 2nd lane... since lane 1(slowest lane) is fully packed.. there's a TP @ road side.. we already drive in speed limit.. @ 2nd lane.. END UP?!

Thanks Guys

wat offence???

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by fam@Feb 21 2006, 09:14 PM

VIOLATION REPORTS SECTION

TRAFFIC POLICE DEPARTMENT

10 UBI AVE3 SINGAPORE 408865

*remember to include particulars like report no, name of driver, vehicle no, etc

But personally think it's better to jus go down the TP HQ @UBI there to see the investigation officers la, down there can straight away appeal, this thing better to explain to them straight face to face so that even if cannot appeal, also can get a reasonable explanation from them.

Errrr.....what reasonable explanation is the TP suppose to furnish to the offender?

Isnt that summon about it already?

What do you think this is? That word 'Offender' means you are upper class and should waste your time waiting in queue at the TP HQ for few hours, begs to be let off and then given a 'reasonable reason'?

:giddy:

BTW Griz, if you are going to appeal with the excuse that there was too many vehicles on the left lane thus your fren was 'overtaking'. Do take note that SG roads has cameras at almost every lampost that can 'confirm' whether there was indeed too many vehicles on that road.

Originally posted by Razgriz@Feb 22 2006, 01:20 AM

not sure the correct term actually.. but it is like.. fining him for dirving on 2nd lane.. kinda road hog meaning liddat.. haiz.. ok.. will tell him try go appeal..

my father fren...one ah pek...he drive pickup for many many years...always drive very slowly faster 60km/h....

den one day..he drive his son's car, also like that, i think he is on the 3rd lane, driving at about 40 plus...

kena stop by TP.....Fine on the spot, forgot how much already...

he very angry... drive slowly also kena caught he said...somemore on the 3rd lane.....

mayb ur case is genuine. but i tink commercial vehicle appealling to tp n giving reasons is common already hence dunno whether they want to believe ur friend or not but can try..... but i hate most commercial vehicle to drive on the 2nd lane especially big ones which block ur view in front. especially those with no brake light suddenly brake n u r at the back dunno whether hes braking or not.

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

Originally posted by Razgriz@Feb 20 2006, 11:08 PM

Thanks Guys

NO ofence bro but since you guys saw the TP by the road side you still got balls to proceed to 2nd lane is really daring already (salute both of you)

since you guys went to second lane then i presume that there are 3 lanes total which means 70km/hr are only allowed to stay on the left lane but should there be 4 lanes 70km/hr does not sonstitute road hogging

you may try to appeal but should the TP in question had a camera on hand then i guess its game over.

PS i drive a lorry & when i see vans,lorries etc keeping to the left lanes i follow suit & do not try to overtake since most bigger trucks are elevated(higher) thus having a better & farther view than 10"/14" lorries & vans.

keep yr fingers crossed or just make the appeal then wait for the "handouts" to come then use to return to government!!!!

cheers

looking for drz parts, any parts will do!

Can try ya luck bro. It is a universal traffic rule that all vans n lorries

must stay in the extreme left lane unless overtaking. And overtaking

means u must do it within your best time loh. If u take ya own sweet time

dropping gear on the 2nd lane n start seaching for lobang to squeeze in... than

i guess it is consider road hog.

Had learn my lesson since school day!