SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] The Clinic

mepkoh

thanks mepkoh for organising this. it was really nice to see everyone working on their bikes. anyone know how to stop the oil from flowing when parked? it flowed a lot last night at the car park...hahaha!

again, thanks for the excellent clinic and hospitality. the security folks at your place was envious of the gathering actually...hahaha!

http://simonnunis.smugmug.com/photos/684724736_fuDoa-M-1.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks mepkoh for organising this. it was really nice to see everyone working on their bikes. anyone know how to stop the oil from flowing when parked? it flowed a lot last night at the car park...hahaha!

again, thanks for the excellent clinic and hospitality. the security folks at your place was envious of the gathering actually...hahaha!

it may take sometime for the device to stabilise...hahaha but the most important thing ..allow me to quote president clinton's...is it better or worse than before...something like that..i hope your answe is it is better..

the chain is now shiny and oily..

not much throw off,

the bike runs smoother with less noises,

the pickup is faster..

hhahaha...hope u can feel the improvement...albiet in tiny steps..

anyway..thank you for coming.. you all make this worth it.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

one more problem.

vibration between the bottle and frame, using the 3M weather proof double sided tape, good and sticky

oil will leak from the metal valve also, cos 1 sided is threaded, so u will need to seal as well.

Cheers and thank mepkoh for organizing the DIY

the tube size may be incorrect to have a good seal..solution

1. wrap the threaded area with PTFE tape...the white tape used in plumbing.

2. if the tube is dry afree from grease ..use super glue, contace cement

on the thread ..then slot the tube in ..think this should work..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

i noticed that the topping up of the lubricant to the bottle is rather bothersome..

hey found a solution while i was sitting on the throne this morning..ahahahhah

have u heard of the duckie???

yeaH THE TOILET BOWL CLEANER..heheh the curved neck will do just fine for topping up.

hahah..my toilet bowl will be super clean this coming days..hahahah

Thanks mepkoh for the DIY session.. sure it was a fun and fruitful one...

learnt a lot of new stuff over at the DIY and during the seafood trip... A valuable exp for new bikers like mi...

and not to mention the oiler DIY which i'm sure all will benefit with little or no modification at all... a great design to auto oil our chain... mayb we can individually brainstorm how this can be improved and share ideas during the next meet up session.. which is wat the clinic is all abt.. share ideas and experience!

one more problem.

vibration between the bottle and frame, using the 3M weather proof double sided tape, good and sticky

oil will leak from the metal valve also, cos 1 sided is threaded, so u will need to seal as well.

Cheers and thank mepkoh for organizing the DIY

im using this spongy thingy which can be bought from popular book store to support and grip it.. Works fine for me...

hahaha.. just remember to off the switch can le... mod a little in the morning and im super happy with It le;

DIY...all those handsome young men....

so who's who??? still dunno which is which.. introdu yourself in the picture?? i put together photos from all camera and blog it down ;-)

http://jtzx.blogspot.com/2009/09/pk-...food-trip.html

after a day of ride from seafood trip till this afternoon, My chain is so so quiet and the feeling is good. But however the only problem is the flinging of oil... Fly dirt fly.. Fling it hard away!

Edited by jtzx

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

DIY...all those handsome young men....
okay guys fill in..

squating:--------------,,----------------------,,-------------------'

front standing:-----------,-------------,-----------------,---------------,---------------------,-----------------,--------------------,--------------

rear satnding:-------------,--------------,----------------------,-------------------------------,-----------------,------------------,--------------------,-------------------

dont be shy ..lets see your face/name:cheers:

Edited by mepkoh

okay guys fill in..

squating:--------------,,--Sh3rman---------,,-----jtzx------'

front standing:-----------,-------------,-----------------,---------------,---------------------,-----------------,--------------------,--------------

rear satnding:-------------,--------------,----------------------,-------------------------------,-----------------,------------------,--------------------,-------------------

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

after looking at the oiler on the bikes, it sure is tempting to have one equipped on my bike...haha... Mr Koh, do u happened to have a xtra set(s)?

yeah...come next weekend...i thnik an wok something out..

next weekend..also those whose oiler which is not working well..i will try to resolve all the issues.

please pm ..join me for a swim in the pool?? if the fix up ends early.

the fact that the oil is flowing..means the gravity is working its magic..

do not refill the hoses by pumping more oil into it..

instead do this ..locate a point on the hose and puncture a small hole to prevent air lock condition..the position selected is best..

1. on the vertical part of the tube..which is some distance ,,say 10cm..away from the pump.

and that is way above the equiliibrium level where the oil stabilises...

hope this helps ..if not come over this saturday..and we can sort this out together..:cheeky:

i have 3 pk who did not turn up..yes they have informed me..

so pm or call me on my mobile to fix a date(..hahahah no thatkind of date) to get it fix..

come this saturday too..if y can..

okay guys fill in..

squating:--------------,,--Sh3rman---------,,-----jtzx------'

front standing: VidaK,-------------,-----------------,---------------,---------------------,-----------------,--------------------,--------------

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

the fact that the oil is flowing..means the gravity is working its magic..

do not refill the hoses by pumping more oil into it..

instead do this ..locate a point on the hose and puncture a small hole to prevent air lock condition..the position selected is best..

1. on the vertical part of the tube..which is some distance ,,say 10cm..away from the pump.

and that is way above the equiliibrium level where the oil stabilises...

hope this helps ..if not come over this saturday..and we can sort this out together..:cheeky:

dun really get you.. Make a hole near the hose??

this is how i isolate the lubricant container..:cheeky:

sweet la.. so huge container

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

dun really get you.. Make a hole near the hose??

sweet la.. so huge container

air lock or vacuum lock.if the system is airtight..the oil column in the tube will not be able to flow out of the open end of oiling tip ..the oil cannot flow because of the vacuum being generated in the tube after the pump...and the gravitational force is insufficient to overcome the vacuum forces ...

thus a pin hole is sometimes needed .to enable the air to flow into the tube replacing the oil volume ..

so the best place to make a small pin hole is on the vertical part of the tube, it must be higher than the equilibrium level,, try it..your oil may

should drip faster.

air lock or vacuum lock.if the system is airtight..the oil column in the tube will not be able to flow out of the open end of oiling tip ..the oil cannot flow because of the vacuum being generated in the tube after the pump...and the gravitational force is insufficient to overcome the vacuum forces ...

thus a pin hole is sometimes needed .to enable the air to flow into the tube replacing the oil volume ..

so the best place to make a small pin hole is on the vertical part of the tube, it must be higher than the equilibrium level,, try it..your oil may

should drip faster.

if the oil cannot flow..the next time you dose..the oil may flow out immediately..all at 1 shot.

ohoh... so just use a sewing needle to poke a tiny hole on the tube yup ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

ohoh... so just use a sewing needle to poke a tiny hole on the tube yup ;-)

ice pick will be better...hole will close up if needle is too tiny.

you can see oil flow once a hole is made..if not use pick and make bigger hole..

this is how i isolate the lubricant container..:cheeky:

gatsby wet and hard gel... uncle mepkoh you are more extreme than me :cheeky:

by making a hole on the tube, wont the oil spilt out even before oil reaches the oiler tip?

thus, you have to find the highest point of your hose :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

by making a hole on the tube, wont the oil spilt out even before oil reaches the oiler tip?

refer to suggestion..the hole should be:

1. some distance away from the pump..lets say min 5 cm.

2. make it on the vertical part of the tube..

under equilibrium condition..the hole should be above this oil level..

so when u pump..the oil will flow ..on the way down the vertical part..it will go down rather than out of the tube...of course the hole is small..u cant even see it once the pick is withdrawn...try and eror will determine the size of this hole which directly correspond to the depth that the pick is push in..